Page 427 of 580 FirstFirst ... 327377417423424425426427428429430431437477527 ... LastLast
Results 6,391 to 6,405 of 8689

The commentator makes a good point about why Chibs' Doctor Who fails in terms of allegory. I will always contend Chibs is the problem, not the actors but rather his hamfisted storytelling and lackluster creative choices.
    Last edited by Celgress; 02-12-2021 at 09:57 AM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Looks like he still likes the leather look.
    Still dressing for the occasion? 😛

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    The commentator makes a good point about why Chibs' Doctor Who fails in terms of allegory. I will always contend Chibs is the problem, not the actors but rather his hamfisted storytelling and lackluster creative choices.
    Ultimately all the decisions come down to him. So he is definitely the problem.

It's always fun exploring someone's fancast of the Doctor.

Seems we haven't heard much about Jodie leaving for a month and a half.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Seems we haven't heard much about Jodie leaving for a month and a half.
    Probably knee deep in pre-production, filming, and season prep.

I would imagine rumors will pick up later.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    Ultimately all the decisions come down to him. So he is definitely the problem.
    I couldn't agree with you more. I blame Chibs and BBC for letting him make such poor choices not Jodie or the other actors.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Big Finish is doing an adaption of a Russell T Davies story from a script he wrote back in 1986 for the Sixth Doctor and Mel. Curious to hear how RTD writes Six.

https://www.bigfinish.com/news/v/it-...-of-the-hodiac

Colin's Doctor seemed to have a better relationship (apart from her trying to get him to exercise) with her then with Peri, although we only saw at a little bit of it.

What is everyone's thoughts on Iris Wildthyme? I think I liked the idea of her before trying to listen to one of her audios, the one I have is "Murder at the Abbey". I've tried twice, and...can't get through it. Something about her irritates me. She's like a more obnoxious version of River Song. River Song has the adventuress scoundrel thing down pat and I can listen to her audios all day.

https://www.bigfinish.com/releases/v...xtinction-2262

Update on Big Finish's final TimeLord Victorious release " Echoes of Extinction".

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    True. Jodie Whitaker, Bradley Walsh, and the rest are great. It's just that the writing during the Chibnall era has been hit-and-miss. There's been some good stuff (the Dalek episodes, Arachnids in the UK, Rosa) and some 'good message but horribly executed' stuff like Orphan 55. And then there's the 'bad comic book' stuff like Gallifrey being destroyed again and the whole Timeless Child retcon.

*shrugs* Make the Timeless Child Iris.

I think I'm gonna download The Wormery. Its Iris with the Sixth Doctor and apparently spoilers:
    a future, evil incarnation of Iris is the main villain
    end of spoilers. Maybe she works better as a de facto Companion than a lead. If not, well, it was just $2.99.

https://comicbook-com.cdn.ampproject...ton-big-fin%2F

Update on the Ninth Doctor Adventures from Big Finish. "Ravagers 1" is due April 2021.

The Timeless Child thing sort of explains why the Seventh Doctor seems to have some vague knowledge of ancient Gallifrey, and also some points in the original series where the Doctor hinted at earlier incarnations.

It wasn't really canon that Hartnell was the 'first' until the Peter Davison era, I think.

I think it's implied a bit that the Doctor has some vague or subconscious memories of his pre-Hartnell lives (The Master did hint in was "buried deep in our memories)", that weren't wiped by the Time Lords, hence probably why he named himself the Doctor again and had the TARDIS take on a police box shape.

Just mostly speculating.