Page 361 of 581 FirstFirst ... 261311351357358359360361362363364365371411461 ... LastLast
Results 5,401 to 5,415 of 8704

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    I still firmly believe a Time Lord can't truly be in love with a human. They can love us but not be in love I mean the knowledge of a Time Lord would kill a human so I agree with Missy we're basically puppies when compared to a Time Lord. So The Doctor had PTSD after the Time War and Rose was his service dog which makes The Rise of the Cybermen even funnier to me.

As for love and the Doctor I only accept Romana and River since she is part Time Lord but there is a caveat they just go on adventures together never anything domestic the Doctor being domestic is wrong.

Oh yes a I agree with Miles to Go Rose was more bareable with 9 than 10.
    Sure, the Doctor can have all the knowledge in the universe, but he can still learn from other less evolved species, and he did from many of his companions. And he did from companions like Rose and Donna. Stuff like courage, compassion and to live in the moment. They made him laugh a lot. They were able to move the Doctor deeply and be less rigid with his time laws, and they also surprised him when they risked everything to save him. Pets can't carry a conversation with you like humans. And I think dogs and many animals are very smart. maybe the Doctor likes us because we are more simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    Indeed, that was one of the reasons they wrote Rose with that origin. Class means nothing compared to everything she and the Doctor had faced. RTD sometimes went overboard in trying to depict lower class life (look! this is the food they eat!) but he was really big into showing people spectacularly exceed society's shitty expectations of them. Donna was a temp who couldn't figure out her life, and there she was saving the universe.
    Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    The thing with Amy, Rory, and the Doctor is that the Doctor didn't really return her affections at all, and encouraged their relationship as well.

Funny thing about Sophia Myles, she was dating Tennant at the time I think.

As for the Doctor and romance, this isn't strictly a new series kind of thing; the Doctor was briefly engaged to-and seemed fond of-an Aztec woman in the first season-and of course there's the TV movie stuff with Grace.

Both Jo Grant and Sarah's appearances more recently seemed to hint they had a bit of a crush on the Doctor as well (although that's slightly implied in the original story the Green Death as well).

Not that it necesarilly happened between the scenes with all companions-for instance, I seriously doubt anything happened with the Seventh Doctor and Ace, although there is an amusing bit in an Eighth Doctor novel where Benny, a companion of the Seventh Doctor in the novels, meets his Eighth incarnation, and it's strongly implied they got together so to speak.
    Amy and Rory were like Rose and Mickey done right where Amy had a wee crush on the Doctor and Rory was comic relief in his early days but shown to have some insight but the Doctor supported his and Amy's relationship while maintains a special connection to Amy.

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    Sure, the Doctor can have all the knowledge in the universe, but he can still learn from other less evolved species, and he did from many of his companions. And he did from companions like Rose and Donna. Stuff like courage, compassion and to live in the moment. They made him laugh a lot. They were able to move the Doctor deeply and be less rigid with his time laws, and they also surprised him when they risked everything to save him. Pets can't carry a conversation with you like humans. And I think dogs and many animals are very smart. maybe the Doctor likes us because we are more simple.

Agreed.
    To me the Doctor being in love with a full human even one of our greatest minds is still like him being with love with for lack of better example child. Yes you can have things in common and enjoy their more simplistic out look on life and the universe but eventually you're going to want a adult conversations about things and that's something a human can't give him because they can't grasp what he knows it's why I like when it's a strict friendship or even a sorta parental type relationships with companions.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    To me the Doctor being in love with a full human even one of our greatest minds is still like him being with love with for lack of better example child. Yes you can have things in common and enjoy their more simplistic out look on life and the universe but eventually you're going to want a adult conversations about things and that's something a human can't give him because they can't grasp what he knows it's why I like when it's a strict friendship or even a sorta parental type relationships with companions.
    Knowledge is not the same as wisdom. The mind and the heart are 2 different things. Some say Superman is too evolved and he knows so much stuff, he should never be with a human woman as a life partner, and yet he does. unless someone is incapable of love and friendship and unable to listen, it's very possible. Maybe some more evolved species lose so much feeling and that's wrong too, IMO.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

I think the Doctor can admire or love humans to some extent, though it tends to be more as BFFs than anything overtly romantic, at least certainly until the new series. Sarah Jane is the only human companion in the classic series I could argue he could love once he’s in his fourth incarnation.

Non humans however are a different story. I would argue Four/Romana and Five/Nyssa until the rest of time, and River is effectively non human. The Doctor seems to have a fondness for non human women who are as smart as him. What 13 considers her type if any is something that the series will never likely suggest - honestly I don’t subscribe to her and Yaz since it’s only really because the pair have spent more time individually together than 13 with Graham or Ryan.

Of course Tom also had a brief marriage to Lalla Ward as well.

Is it ever clear how long Fifth and Nyssa travelled alone? In "Arc of Infinity" the Doctor seems to be repairing the damage done to the console by the Cybermen, although in the dialogue Nyssa does ask why he didn't do it sooner...
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Of course Tom also had a brief marriage to Lalla Ward as well.

Is it ever clear how long Fifth and Nyssa travelled alone? In "Arc of Infinity" the Doctor seems to be repairing the damage done to the console by the Cybermen, although in the dialogue Nyssa does ask why he didn't do it sooner...
    It's still unspecified. Just because it allows other media such as novels, audios and comics etc flexibility if they choose to do further stories set in that period. But I'd imagine it was a fairly long time.

Yeah, and the Doctor is somewhat always kind of lazy about the repairs. He only really got around to attempt to repair the Chameleon circuit in "Logopolis" because the Master used it so effectively as the Melkur on Traken....and then didn't make another attempt until his sixth incarnation, where he was semi-successful.

BANNED

The show could be moving back to Saturdays next year

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/entertainm...SE3?ocid=ientp

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    The show could be moving back to Saturdays next year

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/entertainm...SE3?ocid=ientp
    I figured they'd want to return the show to its traditional Saturday night slot. Works great for me as it means the next series will air in Australia on Sunday again rather than on the Monday (which it did for series 11).

Well a couple days late but Happy Birthday to Roger Delgado, who would have been 101 on March 1st.

Kind of curious how Pertwee's last season (Which some consider to be his weakest, despite Sarah Jane) would've been with Delgado. Apparently Pertwee's last story was intended to reveal that the Master was the Doctor's dark side, and the two would have some sort of Sherlock Holmes/Moriarty final conflict with the Doctor regenerating after the fact.

Which are two things we kind of got eventually with the Valeyard and the Master being involved at least in part with several of the regenerations (4, 7, 10 and 12's).

BANNED

The Second Doctor will meet the First Master (James Dreyfus) in Big Finish's "The Home Guard"

https://doctorwhowatch.com/2019/03/0...-first-master/

Its generally assumed Rassilon gave himself unlimited regenerations, right?

Borusa did say something about "Perpetual bodily regeneration" in Five Doctors.

Funny thing is about that, the second Doctor talking about the rumors that Rasillon was locked and sedated in the tower because of his cruelty by his fellow time lords actually fits in pretty well with the version we've seen....

The Time Lord's knowledge of their own history is apparently fairly spotty at times so it kind of fits.