Page 576 of 582 FirstFirst ... 76476526566572573574575576577578579580 ... LastLast
Results 8,626 to 8,640 of 8716

The Valeyard's fate was resolved in Big Finish's interqual to the Sixth Doctor's regeneration into the Seventh Story. Though we have a copy of the Valeyard out there who thinks he's the Doctor (also a Big Finish Story, "The War Valeyard").

Moffat is the only one who respects Big Finish it seems. But the only thing that would keep RTD from using the Valeyard is it would contradict the Timeless Child.

The one who waits could also be the Rani, Omega, the Black Guardian, Fenric, Sutekh etc.

Yeah, although RTD has incorporated some elements from the expanded universe I think he's aware that a lot of viewers might be unfamiliar (For instance the Giggle makes it pretty clear that the Doctor hasn't seen the Toymaker since the first incarnation, despite various EU stuff including multiple adaptations of The Nightmare Fair).

Regarding the Millie non-announcement the BBC is trying to sell Church on Ruby Road Blu-rays and novels right now so that might have something to do with no official word.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Classic Who is also on Tubi which is a free app, and they have the show divided into the individual Doctors meaning all the Hartnell Episodes are together and so on and so on. Just thought I'd mention it in case you wanted to watch at your leisure.
    Thank you. I will look into this as well
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Each era has something to offer I think. You could do it in order but a lot of the serials in the old series are fairly self-contained, although some do rely a bit heavily on seeing some prior stories, a frequent criticism of some of the show's later seasons (Colin Baker's season 22 being a prime example, in which ATTACK OF THE CYBERMEN in particular, in addition to being a sequel to RESSURECTION OF THE DALEKS Lyton storyline, refers a lot to the Tenth Planet and Tomb of the Cybermen, two stories which were lost at the time or at least not available easily on VHS!)

Rumors are that the Moffat episode is the third one and that it might bring back the church from his/11th Doctor's era.

Not sure if I'm right but I think their main mission was to prevent another Time War, although the Kovarian group was retconned (or intended to be all along) as a rogue faction.

However Gallifrey did come back to "our" universe, it was close to the end of time, and then of course the Master killed the other time lords.

Maybe the upcoming episode will deal with what happened with them losing their purpose, and maybe how the Flux might have screwed things up too.

Although Fifteenth might be over the guilt, maybe some of his former enemies aren't....

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post

Terror of the Autons is pretty good, it largely sets the tone for the rest of the Pertwee era (His first season was somewhat more serious), and introduces the Master and one of the most popular companions, Jo Grant (although she comes off as a bit of a ditz at first) as well as Captain Mike Yates, another UNIT supporting character (Played by Richard Franklin who died last Christmas). The Master becomes a recurring nemesis across both series, on the same level as the Daleks and Cybermen.

The Pertwee era is a bit of an outlier, the format was changed to be somewhat more akin to James Bond with more action and gadgets (although far less womanizing) and the Doctor largely being stuck on Earth in one time (What time it was is a matter of some debate among some fans....)
    I think the debate came about with 'Terror of the Zygons' and 'Pyramids of Mars'. In the former, the Brigadier refers to a female Prime Minister who is not named. In the latter, Sarah Jane Smith says she is from 1980. Both of these originally aired in the mid-70s, leading one to believe that all the UNIT stories in the Third Doctor Era, and the very few in the Fourth Doctor era, are set in a time period just a few years ahead of the years where those stories originally aired.

Mawdryn Undead mostly. The past segment takes place in 1977 with the Brigadier already retired from UNIT, so Zygons/Sarah Jane's "present" couldn't have taken place in 1980 unless the Brig somehow remembered the Doctor (His memories of him were suppressed by the incident meeting his older self), rejoined UNIT for a brief time, then forgot about him all over again somehow by the time the 1983 part happens.

I think one fan explanation is that maybe the Doctor dropped Sarah off for a few months in 1980 to just live her life between trips like he frequently did with Amy and Rory later on.

Another is that some event might have shifted the timelines a bit. The Doctor says he delayed the Daleks about a thousand years in GENESIS but pretty much everything in the Dalek's history still happened somehow (Although from that point on in the classic series they are somewhat more reliant in some way on Davros).

Of course the real-world explanation is probably really simple: Writer Peter Grimwade presumed simply that the present day UNIT stories happened at the same time as their air dates, instead of the "near future" setting that was often intended, and nobody thought they would notice (underestimating sci-fi TV fans).
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 02-04-2024 at 06:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Another is that some event might have shifted the timelines a bit. The Doctor says he delayed the Daleks about a thousand years in GENESIS but pretty much everything in the Dalek's history still happened somehow (Although from that point on in the classic series they are somewhat more reliant in some way on Davros).
    Interesting how the Daleks changed their tune on Davros. At the end of "Genesis of the Daleks', they turn against him, but in its later sequel, 'Destiny of the Daleks', they seek him out again and Davros ends up showing up at every Dalek-focused story in Classic Who from that point on. (I'm not counting only brief appearances like 'The Five Doctors').

They kind of needed his help in Destiny and Resurrection but overall the main Daleks didn't really trust him.

The Daleks that are loyal to him in Resurrection/Revelation/Remembrance are brainwashed/conditioned/engineered to follow him, correcting his oversight in Genesis but also creating a Dalek civil war with the original Daleks.

In "Stolen Earth" and presumably the Capaldi stories he's kind of kept around but has an "arrangement" where he doesn't have power but is more of an advisor it seems.

Actor Michael Jayston passed away earlier today at the age of 88.

He played many roles in movies and television, such as Tsar Nicholas in the drama Nicholas and Alexandra, but Doctor Who fans will probably remember him as the Valeyard in 'Trial of a Time Lord'.

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-r...yston-obituary

There's an audio adaptation of the Missing Adventure novel "Goth Opera" coming.

The novel was interesting in that in that it's not only a sequel to "State of Decay" but also the new Adventure "Blood Harvest", in this case the Fifth Doctor finishes the loose ends of an adventure that the Seventh had.

Richard Armitage is reprising Rassilon for the narration, probably to talk about Gallifrey's Vampire war. There is no Blood Harvest audio but I don't remember the books being so connected that there needs to be some "linking narration" or something though.

https://www.radiotimes.com/tv/sci-fi...xYPP4Ue_ZMTddA

The novel actually had a cover at first where Nyssa has blood all over her shirt but it had to be censored a bit for sale.
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 02-07-2024 at 06:02 AM.

The 11th Doctor chronicles came to an end yesterday.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

No matter how hard I try to quit, I cannot quit the topic of the missing episodes. Two episodes (not serials I believe) are known/believed (by one good careful cautious source) to be in the hands of private collectors (I can't tell if it's one collector or two). Phil Morris, who found the last batch of missing episodes, believes 6 episodes (not serials I believe) are out there in the hands of private collectors.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Full fat videos did a broad rewrite for series 7 and 8.