Page 342 of 581 FirstFirst ... 242292332338339340341342343344345346352392442 ... LastLast
Results 5,116 to 5,130 of 8710
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    Well, there goes any tension that may have been generated for the finale by confirming everybody will be safe and sound.
    It depends. Remember those photos that came out with Grace still looking lively in scenes that came after she was killed? I wouldn't put it past Chibnall to continue to camouflage like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    It depends. Remember those photos that came out with Grace still looking lively in scenes that came after she was killed? I wouldn't put it past Chibnall to continue to camouflage like that.
    Or that Bill would be in the Christmas Special, completely omitting any hints of her tragic fate in the finale.

That wasn't the real Bill, however (Or Nardole or Clara either).
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    There's a whole big debate about that in the actual episode.

I feel confused about this series. I love Jodie as The Doctor, she is just silly enough :P The intro is absolutely awful, the plots have been boring (although I did quite like Rosa Parks, and the Punjab episode was not too bad either) and the companions just irritate me. The fact that I like Jodie as The Doctor is pulling me through, but eugh.
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

That is the point. It was always known that Pearl Mackie was going to be there for one season, and the casting of the Christmas special wasn't a sure bet even late into the previous season. If they were advertising that Mackie is going to be in the Christmas special before the season finale airs, they weren't going to advertise it as "Pearl Mackie as The Ghost Memory of Dead Bill" or "Pearl Mackie as Glass Avatar of the Testimony." Rather, all the advertising said, "Pearl Mackie Returns for Christmas Special." Saying what she really is, that she's part of the Testimony because she had died prior to the special, front and center on magazine covers spoils not just the Christmas special itself, but potentially spoils the season finale, too. Pearl Mackie was the draw.

Stop looking at it in semantics and details. You're missing the forest for the trees. Look at the bigger picture and the topic at hand. It's an example of what Miles to Go cited earlier of how advertising and the actual stories sometimes don't match up, especially if some details are meant to be hidden because of spoilers. Pearl was featured as returning to the show because Pearl's a draw, and Moffat and the writers found a way to both keep her death *and* feature her prominently after that death. It was marketing's job to try to showcase that without revealing the death or the nature of her existence in the Christmas special.
    Last edited by Cyke; 11-16-2018 at 12:43 PM.

BANNED

Return of the Fez!

BANNED

BBC have confirmed series 12 will air in Autumn 2019

https://www.starburstmagazine.com/do...broadcast-2019

However, next season may be Chris Chibnall's last as he is unhappy behind the scenes, and Jodie may go with him
    Last edited by Miles To Go; 11-17-2018 at 10:14 AM.

Hopefully Jodie sticks around even if Chibnall leaves; although Tennant and Capaldi left with their producers, Tom Baker if I remember went through four, and it's possible Moffat would've produced Tennant if he stuck around for at least one more season.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

BANNED

Not sure how accurate this info is (it's from a website which has barely updated all year), but here's what's known:

-Chibnall wanted to take 18 months off, BBC Studios looked at the ratings and demanded more content for 2019
    -The compromise may be five to six episodes in total
    -Jodie is finding it difficult in the lead role while also being a young mother
    -The Christmas Day special may be reinstated next year

http://www.outpostskaro.com/2018/11/...short-changed/

Hopefully Jodie sticks around even if Chibnall leaves; although Tennant and Capaldi left with their producers, Tom Baker if I remember went through four, and it's possible Moffat would've produced Tennant if he stuck around for at least one more season.
    Oh Moffat thought originally Tennant was sticking around and if so Amelia was going to meet the "Raggedy Man" in the Series/Season 5 opener at the beginning than Adult Amy would meet the not so Raggedy Doctor in her future except the Doctor would not know her and he would only met her as a child in the Series/Season Finale during Big Bang 2 as the Raggedy Man right before regeneration. There is even a hiccup in the shows continuity possibly because Moffat thought he was staying River asked Ten in the Library did we do Crash of the Byzantium along with Picnic at Asgard. I mean how could she mix up Chinny for Matchstick Man? I assume now she was messing with him also given my love for 11 and his story with Amy also my love for his original Tardis I'm happy things went the way they did.

BANNED

I'm sure she will. She's been an amazing Doctor.

I enjoyed Kerblam! more than I thought I would. I feel like they are doing a better job giving all three companions something to do.

This is a rumor so I don't know how accurate it is but the latest rumor is that the BBC have said next season is the last for both Chibnall and Jodie.

If this rumor is true than in retrospect all this fanfare for this season is just going to look unintentionally funny.

Oh, but back to the episode. Kerblam was good, very cold feeling again though. Strangely I think the Tardis will be one of the few only warm settings we'll ever see.

I thought they were saying Kablam. Heh, didn't stop me from thinking of the Nickelodeon show throughout.

All in all, this gets a pass.