Page 414 of 581 FirstFirst ... 314364404410411412413414415416417418424464514 ... LastLast
Results 6,196 to 6,210 of 8704
    Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

My theory always was that the Monk was a bit of a fanboy of the Master - the Peter Pettigrew to his Voldemort - who tried to emulate his success but was never quite as villainous until he was disconnected enough from him to become more dangerous (as I gather he was in the Big Finish audios). Whilst the Rani was quite determined to rise above all of them. Would be interesting if Chris revealed that the four characters were all part of the same Agency scheme.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mRLTt_kip8

Short teaser for Revolution of the Daleks, featuring the character some thought would show up in the last finale, but is in this instead.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Yay! Great to see him get an actual reunion with the Doctor this time... hopefully. Chris certainly seems to be comfortable with bringing stuff back from the RTD era, especially since 10 and 13 team ups have been all over the place.

They've also released a poster which also features Jack, but curiously the "scrap" Daleks from Resolution. So maybe they're a more permanent design change going forward? Or maybe just something to do with the story.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Capaldi's run slow burns into something wonderful.

The specials leading into season 10 and the finale are really, really good.

It's a shame that it ended just when it was getting really good but then again ... going out on a high note is always better.
    Ok thanks you have me convinced, I'll give Calpadi's run another whirl, and try marching on over to the new doctor until I get bored of the series again.

Last Big Finish Monthly Adventure revealed, it’s seemingly a curious parallel to the original adventure Sirens of Time with four Doctors instead of three.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    An amoral goofball, guess I can see that. Its kinda weird how he became a Time Lord then threw all the rules he learned about time travel out the window. He seems to not give a damn about creating anocronisms and such. Its weird the CIA cares more about the Doctor's exploits but not his. Still based on the BF audios he makes a great comedic foil, something Moffat interestingly was not against (Nardole).

The Rani, though, seems like "what if Josef Mengele was female and a Time Lord?". Maybe showrunners feel that's her only flavor while the Master has many flavors, including that one. Listening to the audio "I Am The Master", the Beavers Master screwed with the development of a planet for fun, politically and ecologically. The Rani would have just screwed with the planet ecologically and just recorded the results I guess.

Maybe that's the problem with creating another evil Time Lord. The writers will just say "Can't the Master do that?"
    That feels more understandable than people not knowing them. Because I got into Doctor Who with the modern stuff and I'm in the States. So Doctor who didn't have the same shorthand/cache as it does in the UK. I got along fine, hell I'm a big fan of other timelords/gallifrey so I'd prefer if Chibnall explored them more than killing them off again.

Right now Chibnall's era just feel like a less interesting version of Davies's run.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 11-24-2020 at 08:28 AM.

Cover for final season of Gallifrey: Time War. Kind of crazy seeing this and realising that Rassilon spent at least three different regenerations during the Time War (Terence Hardiman, Richard Armitage and Timothy Dalton). Though I guess he’s probably got unlimited regenerations thanks to the Doctor anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by The no face guy View Post
    Ok thanks you have me convinced, I'll give Calpadi's run another whirl, and try marching on over to the new doctor until I get bored of the series again.
    I think the problem is Clara with his run. She was good with 11 but she really didn't gel with 12. I really think the only other Doctor she would've been good with was 10 and maybe 9. She wasn't good at the comedic foil with a serious Doctor. She worked best with a Doctor that could be absolutely bonkers. Not that 12 didn't have those moments but those came out more with Bill and Nardole.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Yeah Bill was a lot more kind of easygoing and fun, and Nardole really made a good double-act with Capaldi.

It's also kind of weird because Clara had a lot of trouble getting used to Capaldi's Doctor, despite the fact she was well aware of regeneration and the different personalities due to Name of the Doctor and Day of the Doctor.
    Although by their second season they seemed to do better as Capaldi's Doctor lightened up a bit (Which Clara seems to notice right away, although some of it's due to her coaching him as we find out later, or simply because the Doctor had resolved his moral crisis from the last season).
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 11-24-2020 at 10:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post

Cover for final season of Gallifrey: Time War. Kind of crazy seeing this and realising that Rassilon spent at least three different regenerations during the Time War (Terence Hardiman, Richard Armitage and Timothy Dalton). Though I guess he’s probably got unlimited regenerations thanks to the Doctor anyway.
    Even without the retcon I always assumed Rassilon gave himself unlimited regeneration somehow. He's the very definition of god complex.

Kind of fits a bit with Five Doctors-Borusa also mentions that the Immortality would involve "perpetual regeneration". (Although the immortality did turn out to be a bit of a trap for Borusa, it's possible Rassilon had it anyway).

It's possible the Second Doctor's rumor about Rassilon being locked in the tower by the other Time Lords in stasis because he was evil instead of just being dead might've been true.

Trailers been announced for Sunday for Revolution.

SFX and Radio Times have also included photos and some spoilers from the new episode.

Also photos from filming in Cardiff (Not for the special but for next season) are circulating around confirming another returning monster/alien.

Retired

On Saturdays, I try to watch an episode of DOCTOR WHO. I'm currently up to the Second Doctor and I've been watching the episodes of "The Web of Fear." I'm happy to have this chance to watch the series again, because the last time I watched this only the first episode had the original video--and this was so disappointing because that series is the first appearance of Lethbridge-Stewart. Now they have all the video except for one episode.

In actual fact, they originally found all episodes (2 - 6) in Nigeria. But before they got hold of them, episode 3 went missing. As I find, watching episode 3, last Saturday, this is the one where Lethbridge-Stewart makes his first appearance. And I have to wonder if that's just an accident or if someone realized they had a copy of that much sought-after episode and held it back for their own personal archive, depriving the rest of us of that gold.

I'll be happy this Saturday to watch episode 4, finally for the first time in actual motion, to see Lethbridge-Stewart opening and closing his mouth.

I don't know if it's already been mentioned but the free app PlutoTV has a whole classic Doctor Who channel on their streaming platform.
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"