Page 10 of 580 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060110510 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Enigmatic Undead's Avatar

Half the muppets on Sesame Street were called monsters.
    "It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

I think the term Monsters should only be used in regards to those who hurt other beings for pure selfish reasons. Reminds me of an episode from Classic Star Trek where everyone was referring to this rock creature as a monster when it turned out the creature was only trying to protect its unborn children from the humans who'd been killing them.

Count me in with the Loves Troughton crowd. Love his classic era Doctor. Also liked Five, but disliked every single one of his companions. Two at least had Jamie and the early Brigadier. Three had Bessie (yes, I count Bessie. Sue me.) and Four had Sarah and K9. Didn't like Six or his companions and don't know about Seven beyond one episode with Ace. Eight....lovely Doctor hampered by an awful, overly hammed-up script.
    Hartnell was a bit too grouchy for my tastes, but didn't dislike him.
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

Distractions...

I came on to say that I wish I had a camera (and a site to host pictures if I did.)
    My long ago ordered statuette of the Eleventh Doctor came in and while fixing his home I placed him on another nick-nack shelf.
    Finished cleaning up the spot and looked up to grab Eleven....

Laughed.

I'd unthinkingly placed him right in with a trio of collectible snowmen.
    (Would have been just my luck if he'd destroyed the lot thinking they with the Great Intelligence.)

I moved Eleven to another spot.

Yes, I'm weird that way.
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Art School Dropout View Post
    Half the muppets on Sesame Street were called monsters.
    /smiling coyly but naively

And half the monsters in DW were nigh-muppets.

BANNED

New Big Finish Ad for the Dark Eyes 3.

BANNED

I was in a Barnes and Noble the other day and the BBC finally made Shada into an episode.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jade_nova View Post
    I was in a Barnes and Noble the other day and the BBC finally made Shada into an episode.
    That reconstruction been out since 1992.
    Tom Baker even does the opening and some small segments between each episode.

In 2013 there was an updated version if it (barely) along with the Big Finish audio.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Alvarez View Post
    That reconstruction been out since 1992.
    Tom Baker even does the opening and some small segments between each episode.

In 2013 there was an updated version if it (barely) along with the Big Finish audio.
    I had no idea.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vidocq View Post

New Big Finish Ad for the Dark Eyes 3.
    That Master looks nothing like Eric Roberts...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dupersuper View Post
    He's not drezzzzzzzzzed for the occasion.

All-New Member

Got to meet Matt Smith at Philly Comic-con this weekend. While the event was horribly mismanaged, Matt was an awesome guy and stayed past the stated closing time to sign for his fans.

That's 7 Doctors I've met now, 4, 5, 6 , 7, 8, 10, and now 11.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dupersuper View Post
    That Master has been dead since the movie. SPOILERS: This is the Master that was revived by the Time Lords to fight in the Time War and the one who will become the YANA Master.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan with a y View Post
    Got to meet Matt Smith at Philly Comic-con this weekend. While the event was horribly mismanaged, Matt was an awesome guy and stayed past the stated closing time to sign for his fans.

That's 7 Doctors I've met now, 4, 5, 6 , 7, 8, 10, and now 11.
    Well, unless there is an afterlife and you happen to bump into 1,2 and 3 there, I don't think you can do much better than that. At least not until August.

Quote Originally Posted by Vidocq View Post
    Well, unless there is an afterlife and you happen to bump into 1,2 and 3 there, I don't think you can do much better than that. At least not until August.
    Well, there's Eccleston and Hurt as well, however likely or not for the Ninth, and depending on if you consider War a Doctor or not, number or not.

Commiserations for all that though. I'd say you are very glad to have done it. Hopefully more confident than I would be meeting a celebrity.

Astonishing Member Enigmatic Undead's Avatar

The Five(ish) Doctors Reboot - The Sequel!

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Who News

Paul McGann has reported that a sequel to last year's online/red-button anniversary special, The Five(ish) Doctors Reboot has entered production. The actor, who appeared briefly in the original, was speaking at an event for Cambridge Union Society, which also saw "Reboot" co-star Sylvester McCoy speak back in May.

Photos and more details on the talk, including McGann's thoughts on a female Doctor, can be found through Cambridge News.
    "It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison