Page 102 of 581 FirstFirst ... 252929899100101102103104105106112152202 ... LastLast
Results 1,516 to 1,530 of 8704

Quote Originally Posted by Xalfrea View Post
    Would be great if it was done in the style of The Three Doctors, where they all got equal screentime and had their importance. Now sure 1's role was pushed to the side because of Hartnell's ill health, but he still had an important role in dishing out info and had such a big presence.

I feel the comic crossover, as excited as I am for it, loses massive points for not allowing 9 to be there front and center with 10, 11 and 12. It's not as if comics are shackled by TV production woes, so they should do whatever the heck they want. But as far as a TV crossover goes, it would be more realistic to expect that it would just be 10, 11 and 12.
    Ah yes, that'd be nice.

I'd just love to see how the personalities would clash against each other, if 10'd remember The Day of the Doctor, or 11 The Time of the Doctor.

How different would 10 seem in the trio, or how would 12 clash, or work, with 11.

Yeah, I'm wondering that too. Not fond, at all, of 9, myself, but, sure, he has his fans, and was fine enough with Eccleston in The Leftovers, Thor: The Dark World, etc.

Any idea why 9 isn't involved in that? Because he doesn't have a comic, unlike the other 3, or because there wasn't a clear idea how he'd fit into proceedings, or work?

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

I was serious about Twelve looking good. Even as a kid I liked guys of all ages. Heck TWO is still my fave for all I love the Nu Doctors (yes, even Nine though I wished he grow out his hair a bit...those *ears* heh.)

Now see, I had a relative whose birthday fell within a day of Christmas so his family's excuse was that they could just combine his birthday presents and cake with his Christmas presents and Christmas dinner--thereby denying him his *own* feast and significance. He hated it and I don't blame him. So I see it with the show. So it wouldn't be and shouldn't be as big as the 50th, but it's highly unfair for them to ignore it.

Nine, btw, does have a comic book. I'm hoping for ones on Two, Three, Four, Five, Eight. Not as familiar with Seven (only saw two episodes) was meh on One and never liked Six. Ultra-crotechety Doctors just don't appeal to me.

A comics crossover would be divine.
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

Quote Originally Posted by Kyer View Post
    I was serious about Twelve looking good. Even as a kid I liked guys of all ages. Heck TWO is still my fave for all I love the Nu Doctors (yes, even Nine though I wished he grow out his hair a bit...those *ears* heh.)

Now see, I had a relative whose birthday fell within a day of Christmas so his family's excuse was that they could just combine his birthday presents and cake with his Christmas presents and Christmas dinner--thereby denying him his *own* feast and significance. He hated it and I don't blame him. So I see it with the show. So it wouldn't be and shouldn't be as big as the 50th, but it's highly unfair for them to ignore it.

Nine, btw, does have a comic book. I'm hoping for ones on Two, Three, Four, Five, Eight. Not as familiar with Seven (only saw two episodes) was meh on One and never liked Six. Ultra-crotechety Doctors just don't appeal to me.

A comics crossover would be divine.
    Ah, that's where we dffer.

Though I'm only old enough to have started with 10, onto now, I have multiple 1 DVDs, along with one for 2, one for 7, multiple for 11.

Quite liked 1, myself, the old git aspect, I liked that, and love it with 12 too.

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

On the first season I liked Ian and Barbara. And the Tardis. Mustn't ever forget the Tardis. One did mellow out a bit later. I think my dislike at the beginning with One was the same as the reason for my dislike of Six...belligerent and unreasonable. One kidnapped Ian and Barbara despite Susan's protests and the fact that they just could have not returned to that timeline anyway and Six tried to strangle whatshername....Peri. Don't care for petulant and bossy.

I'll admit I had a twinge of concern when Twelve seemingly left Clara to the Robotic Guy in the pilot for season 8, but it was thankfully a ruse. (Well, they kept harping that the new series would be 'dark'. It was a possible theory that this meant the Doctor would really not be all that nice.) Really like his dry sarcasm though. He's a good Doctor.
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

Six is a freaking tragedy because Colin Baker, Nicola Bryant and other writers did have plans for Six to actually become a developed character as his era progressed. Then he got fired. But thankfully, there's Big Finish.

Speaking of Big Finish, the newest announced 8th Doctor set, Doom Coalition, will introduce a new Time Lord villain with a very interesting premise that I'm surprised hasn't been touched on yet: The Eleven, a sociopathic, insane being who, unlike previous Time Lords, actually retained all his previous personalities in his head. He's on his eleventh reincarnation and naturally any person that has 10 distinctive personalities, viewpoints and voices in their head would make them more than a little nutty.

The only time we've seen something this close for The Doctor is during the post-regen period, but just imagine that, except permanent.
    ------------------------------
    In TV news, Game of Thrones's Maisie Williams (Arya Stark) will be guest-starring in Series 9. Episode titles also mentioned are "The Girl Who Died" by Jaimie Mathieson/Steven Moffat, and "The Woman Who Lived" by Torchwood alum Catherine Treganna.
    Last edited by Xalfrea; 03-30-2015 at 06:36 AM.

Six is a freaking tragedy because Colin Baker, Nicola Bryant and other writers did have plans for Six to actually become a developed character as his era progressed. Then he got fired. But thankfully, there's Big Finish.

Speaking of Big Finish, the newest announced 8th Doctor set, Doom Coalition, will introduce a new Time Lord villain with a very interesting premise that I'm surprised hasn't been touched on yet: The Eleven, a sociopathic, insane being who, unlike previous Time Lords, actually retained all his previous personalities in his head. He's on his eleventh reincarnation and naturally any person that has 10 distinctive personalities, viewpoints and voices in their head would make them more than a little nutty.

The only time we've seen something this close for The Doctor is during the post-regen period, but just imagine that, except permanent.
    ------------------------------
    In TV news, Game of Thrones's Maisie Williams (Arya Stark) will be guest-starring in Series 9. Episode titles also mentioned are "The Girl Who Died" by Jaimie Mathieson/Steven Moffat, and "The Woman Who Lived" by Torchwood alum Catherine Treganna.
    What do you think of her joining DW?

Any idea what role she'd have, or plot? Or, hope?

Yes, it must be noted (yet again) that the Big Finish audios really did wonders for Colin Baker's version of the Doctor.
    And Paul McGann's for that matter.
    "Let me guess. My theories appall you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters, and you don't like my tie!"
    @Matt_of_Geek
    Now writing at The Atomic Junk Shop

CBR Community Standards and Rules

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Yes, it must be noted (yet again) that the Big Finish audios really did wonders for Colin Baker's version of the Doctor.
    And Paul McGann's for that matter.
    Big Finish is the reason why Sixth, Seventh, and Eighth Doctor are now my top three Doctors.
    "Race is a social construct, they say. And I remind them that money is a social construct, too. Social constructs have power." — DeRay Mckesson

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Knight View Post
    What do you think of her joining DW?

Any idea what role she'd have, or plot? Or, hope?
    I don't have any particular strong feelings, since I never watched GoT.

I'm more excited with Jamie Mathieson writing again. He did wonders in Series 8 for Mummy on the Orient Express and Flatline, so I'm eager to see what he'll come up with next, particularly when he's teamed up with Moffat.

I think Mathieson is the first Who writer I'm actively following, now that I think about it. For others who started in Classic and early New Who they've followed the likes of Robert Holmes, Terrence Dicks, Mark Gattis, Paul Cornell, etc. So for me, it's Jaimie Mathieson.

I don't have any particular strong feelings, since I never watched GoT.

I'm more excited with Jamie Mathieson writing again. He did wonders in Series 8 for Mummy on the Orient Express and Flatline, so I'm eager to see what he'll come up with next, particularly when he's teamed up with Moffat.

I think Mathieson is the first Who writer I'm actively following, now that I think about it. For others who started in Classic and early New Who they've followed the likes of Robert Holmes, Terrence Dicks, Mark Gattis, Paul Cornell, etc. So for me, it's Jaimie Mathieson.
    Awesome, very nice.

Hope she doesn't bring 12 TOO much hell, though as Moffat said, the right kind, so hopefully not too sanctimonious, sadistic, annoying, in your face, all that.

Way some, like Donna, or Clara, could be, though, at times, needed, and certain degrees right.

Very good in Game of Thrones now, actually, hopefully her and her Stark sister can both do well outside GOT, and in.

X-Men and Doctor Who.

Steven Moffat on if a crossover between Doctor Who and Sherlock could happen:

http://screenrant.com/doctor-who-she...pisode-update/

Retired

I didn't like what they did with that TARDIS on THE BIG BANG THEORY.

Thought I'd revive this thread, as season 9 has been filming for a while and we're nearing it's broadcast (Although still a few months to go). I'm guessing we'll get a trailer close to the season premiere, mid-to-late Summer I presume.

I think the big news from last month was that Maisie Williams (Game Of Thrones) will appear in a two-parter (and two-parters will reportedly compose most of season 9 according to Moffat). Of course there will also be several returning characters from season 8 as well (Although Danny Pink appears nowhere in sight), although some might be spoilers, so I won't post them here (check out doctorwhonews.net or Blogtor Who for details). Also, Big Finish who make the Doctor Who audios appear to be branching into Newer Who stuff with Kate's UNIT and Torchwood series showing up. Maybe, one day, Eccleston might be persuaded to do some audio work along with Piper and Barrowman (He did say it was a possibility at one point). They eventually got Tom Baker, after all. Given David Tennant's history with BF I'm thinking he'd be perfectly willing. As for Smith, might depend on how his movie career is going. That Gosling movie was a big flop, and Terminator could go either way I guess (He might not have a big part, he's not even in the trailers).

Reportedly, we'll get a different sort of performance from Capaldi, perhaps a bit less grumpy (Sort of like Colin Baker did in parts of "Trial" and the audios). "Last Christmas" and the season finale seemed to be hinting at this a bit, certainly his relationship with Clara has improved a bit. Personality twekas on the Doctor from the same regeneration can happen; apart from the Colin Baker example above, there's of course Tom Baker, whose portrayal of the character shifted with the producer and script editor changes, and perhaps Sylvestor McCoy, who evolved from the clownish oaf in season 24 to a darker, more restrained persona in the last two seasons of the classic show. But we'll see.

BANNED

I figured I'd update the thread a bit. A read-through of Episode 10 was this week, and much of last week saw the filming wrap on another two-parter featuring spoilers:
    The return of the Zygons and Osgood
    end of spoilers, it's looking like whatever stories are not two-parters will be linked thematically to each other in different ways, or so I'm hearing

Retired

Last week I binge watched the two seasons of BROADCHURCH and the one season of GRACEPOINT.

There are many connections in these series to DOCTOR WHO--although they feel nothing like it. I liked BROADCHURCH a little better than GRACEPOINT--but the music track for BROADCHURCH was one of the most annoying I've ever heard and nearly killed my enjoyment of the show. The soundtrack for GRACEPOINT is pretty bad, too--but doesn't get in the way of the show the way that the music for BROADCHURCH did.

For anyone who enjoyed David Tennant's funny Doctor, this show doesn't give you any of that. It's more like his Doctor when he went on his grand tour before his death and was feeling sorry for himself and eating himself up with bitterness. Olivia Colman is the true hero on BROADCHURCH. In the same role on GRACEPOINT, I didn't think Anna Gunn was quite that good.