Page 104 of 581 FirstFirst ... 45494100101102103104105106107108114154204 ... LastLast
Results 1,546 to 1,560 of 8704

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/05/...e-9-crossover/

Disappointed that this never came about, though 11 crossing over twice could've been a bit too much.

Astonishing Member Enigmatic Undead's Avatar

Talking From Doctor Who The Twelfth Doctor #9

"It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey Astronaut View Post
    I always like to imagine that somewhere in the Doctor's subconscious mind there are actual discussions like these taking place!

All-New Member Schwarzchild Radius's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey Astronaut View Post
    Ah. Would you be familiar with "The Who" then?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H92RbydVwuc

Over the last few weeks I managed to watch the entire Seventh Doctor run (seasons 24 through 26) and was surprised at how much I enjoyed it. It doesn't have the best start but it picks up quite a bit and finishes pretty strong. Sylvester McCoy is pretty charming as the Doctor and who doesn't love the way he rolled his 'R's. Although he starts out a bit clownish eventually we see his darker more manipulative side. Season 24 overall is kind of mediocre but ends with a solid finale.

"Time and the Rani" is arguably one of the weakest debuts of any Doctor and sadly we don't get to see Colin Baker regenerate into Sylvester McCoy. Still it manages to be silly and fun. The design of the Lakertyans was pretty bad and they wore these awful orange and yellow costumes. I thought the Tetraps three-eyed bat design was interesting however they do feel like theme park mascots. Highlights include a wardrobe montage that homages the second, third, fourth and fifth Doctor's costumes, Albert Einstein showing up and great performances from both Sylvester McCoy and Kate O'Mara who returns as The Rani.

"Paradise Towers" gives us a look at the breakdown of society when the Doctor and Mel visit a futuristic residential building complex. The robotic Cleaners are a bit clunky looking but they still manage to be pretty threatening. Richard Briers give a good albeit over-the-top performance and the stories Nazi-esqe villain. Seeing Mel have tea and get captured by cannibal old ladies was kind of funny. I also liked the design of the robot that attacks her in the swimming pool.

"Delta and the Bannermen" not a great story but still pretty fun and is full of cheesy 1950s music and fashion as the Doctor and Mel go to a holiday camp. One of the bus passengers turns out to be the Chimeron Queen escaping the genocidal Bannermen the Doctor must protect the campers, the Queen and her egg hatched daughter and heir who are the last of their species. The old beekeeper was kind of funny as was the Bannermen getting attacked by bees after being covered in honey. I also thought the two American CIA agents were pretty funny as well.

"Dragonfire" is easily the best serial of season 24 and introduces Ace as a companion as well as sees the departure of Mel. Can't say I was sad to see Mel go as I found her rather annoying. Ace on the other hand is one of my all time favorite companions. This story also sees the return of Sabalom Glitz who had previously appeared in "The Mysterious Planet". Edward Peel was pretty good as the story's villain Kane and I liked the use of his icy touch to freeze people to death. The 'dragon' design is a bit goofy looking and reminds me of a cheap knock off of the Xenomorphs from Alien. The scene where The Doctor is hanging from the railing appears again in "The Name of the Doctor" witnessed by a splintered version of Clara Oswald.
    "It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

Season 25 was better than the previous season and starts off very strong.

"Remembrance of the Daleks" is a fantastic story that sees Daleks battle renegade Daleks as the Doctor returns to 76 Totter's Lane in 1963 (which originally appeared in the very first episode "An Unearthly Child"). There is some really epic action throughout this serial. Ace beating a Dalek with a suped-up baseball bat is one of my favorite moments of the entire series. Love the Hand of Omega scenes as well. The Daleks wobbling around outside over the asphalt always make me laugh. One of my favorite stories to rewatch.

"The Happiness Patrol" is a pretty solid story with some interesting subtext as the Doctor and Ace arrive on a world where sadness is against the law. The design of the Kandyman robot was fun and whimsical and I especially liked how is spiral eyes actually spun. His kitchen workshop design was also well done right down to the moving parts. One of my favorite moments of the serial features The Doctor playing the spoons while bluesman Earl Sigma jams away on his harmonica.

"Silver Nemesis" The Nemesis comet returns to Earth and unleashes a silver statue that will destroy the planet when reunited with its metal bow and arrow. Different factions compete for control over the Nemesis including a sorceress and her servant from the 17th century, Neo-Nazis and the return of the Cybermen. This was a pretty interesting story and I thought the Doctor using Nemesis to destroy the entire Cyber-fleet was a satisfying conclusion. The significance of the chessboard in this serial will be mentioned again next season in "The Curse of Fenric".

"The Greatest Show in the Galaxy" The Doctor and Ace visit the Psychic Circus where visitors are forced to perform for a strange family who destroys anyone who fails to entertain them. There's a lot of fun in this episode; killer robot clowns, a rapping ringmaster and a suprise werewolf transformation. Sylvester McCoy performing magic for the Gods of Ragnarok is one of his best scenes and his speech in defeating them was excellent.

Season 26 only contains three stories but they are all quite good. It's a shame that after this season we don't see the Seventh Doctor again until the '90s TV movie.

"Battlefield" The Doctor, Ace and the Brig take on the sorceress Morgaine of Arthurian legend. This serial sees the return of Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart which is also the final appearance of the actor Nicholas Courtney in the series. UNIT and the Third Doctor's car Bessie also make return appearances. Love the reveal that the Doctor ends up being Merlin at some point in his future. Ace rising from the water with Excalibur just like the Lady of the Lake was a pretty cool visual. Some good action throughout this serial including UNIT fighting Mordred and his knights. I really like the over-the-top demonic special effects makeup of The Destroyer.

"Ghost Light" is an excellent period piece with an eerie atmosphere throughout complete with a moody old house during a thunderstorm and a cringe worthy use of live bugs and taxidermy. Fantastic performance from Sophie Aldred as Ace who is forced to return to a haunted house that terrified her as a child and we get an interesting reveal about her past. The special effects makeups for Nimrod and the animated Husks were pretty creepy. I thought the irony of the anti-evolutionist Reverend Matthews devolving into a monkey man was superb. Great resolution and I like that they ended with a joke.

"The Curse of Fenric" fantastic story it really has a lot going for it including a Lovecraftian vibe, vampires, zombies, WWII England, an eerie crypt marked with ancient runes and a Viking curse, Soviet soldiers and an interesting manipulative villain. I really liked the special effects makeup used for the Ancient One as it looked like something from a Lovecraft story. The Doctor pitting the Ancient one against Fenric and them both destroying each other was an excellent conclusion. There's also some great personal growth for Ace and a look at the darker side of the Doctor's personality.

"Survival" sees the return of Anthony Ainley as the Master which is also his final TV appearance in the series. The Doctor and Ace return to her home town of Perivale to discover that her old friends are disappearing. The Master traps them on another planet that slowly turns the inhabitants into feline creatures. The Cheetah People riding around on horse back reminded me a bit of Planet of the Apes and I would really like to see them return to the series. The Doctor and Midge playing chicken on dirtbikes was kind of epic as was the conflict between the Master and the Doctor on the dying planet at the climax of the episode. Sylvester McCoy's final speech at the end was a nice addition to conclude the series but it's a shame this was the last episode before the show went on hiatus.

Season 27 would have been interesting-we would've gotten a new companion reportedly, and a return of the Cybermen with another redesign was also being planned. The Ice Warriors (Who would've shown up in the original version of season 23) were also considered for a story,however we did have to wait another 20 years until they showed up again (They do show up in a few Seventh Doctor novels as well as audios though). There was also the possibilty McCoy would leave and regenerate, and reportedly Richard Griffiths (Harry Potter's uncle in those movies) was JNT's favorite for his replacement.

Funny thing is, the actor who played Griffith's spoiled son in those movies is Harry Melling, grandson of Patrick Troughton, the second Doctor. Melling these days has a resemblance of sorts to Matt Smith, although Smith of course has more of a chin.

Also any thoughts on the comic con trailer? It's been pointed out that it looks like we're returning to Skaro, although maybe in an earlier era, as we see what appears to be a 60's Dalek (seen briefly next to a new series one) and the city seen is similar to the minature seen in The very first Dalek story. Plus I have a feeling that the two-headed guy might a Skaro "Muto". Plus there seemed to be Missy (and the Sisterhood of Karn?) an underwater city with eyeless people, and of course, Maisie Williams at the end. The console room looks like it's been altered further, with more prominent roundels which appear to light up.

Here's another Season 9 trailer.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    Here's another Season 9 trailer.
    The uploader has not made this video available in your country.
    Not your fault, of course, but blargh.

The Nerdist has the trailer too (and I was able to watch this one!), as well as a bunch of speculation about what we see in it, including guesses as to Maisie Williams' role.

Quote Originally Posted by Spike-X View Post
    Not your fault, of course, but blargh.
    Sorry about that.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

So watching the reintroduction of THE MASTER on Doctor Who. It was basically a very nice swerve in a sense where you'd think it was the Rani. Instead out of the episode she reveals herself to be The Master. It was also a good deal where its revealed she pulled the strings for him to make Clara his companion . Also the fact her scheme is one she has worked on for awhile to take over the world is pretty cool and reminds me of the classic 1970's schemes.

Almost everything is like a homage in a way to the 1st Doctor/Brigadier/Master deal where he wanted to take over the world. So now the Master returns and the ultimate twist is , The Master wants the Doctor to become like he is. To take over the universe with an Army.

It was nice to see a smart Master instead of a crazy moron we got at the end of End of Time. So yeah it was a good end to season #8.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

Can't think of a single episode that I loved or even really liked in Season 8. Oh, there were a small handful of scenes I enjoyed, but overall had to really mull over getting the DVD this time--and that was with a 60% off discount. If I hadn't practically grown up loving Doctor Who I'd have let it go. Twelve is wonderful, but am not a fan of companions who are made as powerful as The Doctor (unless it's only for part of one episode as with Donna) or of gruesome horror. Let's just say that last Christmas was not enjoyable what with the homage to a certain movie franchise theme at all and I hate spiders no matter their size.

The new Tardis desktop is...kind of dark. I think I like it, but wish it was a couple of shades lighter. Maybe the BBC is trying to save on lightbulbs?
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

The only real episode I hated was the friggen dumb Tree episode. Yes the trees save the Earth. It was dumb and ranks as the dumbest use of Calpaldi that season. My favorite episode had to be The Caretaker. Him at the school . "There is something....about that guy."

The Doctor basically drops trying to keep up his character and lets a little girl see the Tardis. I enjoyed that part. It made me think of Harnett's Doctor. Once ya went into his box and got to be his friend , he softened a lot.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.