Page 110 of 581 FirstFirst ... 1060100106107108109110111112113114120160210 ... LastLast
Results 1,636 to 1,650 of 8715

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight1047 View Post
    They should have just kept Matt Smith as the Doctor, with Amy and Rory
    How? At gunpoint?

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

I think the problem with Capladi had more to do with the writing than anything else, all the stories felt like filler except for the final two. It wouldn't have mattered if they had stuck Smith or Tennent in last season, because the writing still would have been dull.

This season's trailer looks promising, so hopefully we get some better writing so Capaldi can shine.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

I love Calpaldi's Doctor. He's fun , grouchy ...but lovable grouchy. He shows a hint of comical fun as well like where he became the caretaker at the school. With Jenna leaving and the character of Clara leaving , I just hope they do something different. The departure of the companions have been so overdone dramatic its became silly. Amy and Rory had an exit where it wasn't that good.

I'd hope with Clara her exit is one where she finds someone on a world they visit and she decides that its time to depart. The Doctor will miss her for sure. But he knows he has to continue on.

As a unique wink to the past , I think the companion should be 2 people. Kate Stewart (the Brigadier's daughter) and ....either the daughter of Sarah Jane or Jo Grant becomes his next companion. As a fun little spot for the half of season or maybe a season , the show has the Doctor stranded on Earth working for Unit again. That somehow The Doctor is stuck back on Earth some episodes and battling new and old threats there til he can find a way to take off.

I know people will say , why do that again . But its been 40+ years since the Doctor had a run where he was stuck on Earth awhile. So lets try that in a new twist. Plus a grouchy Doctor forced to stay on Earth with a Tardis that is either "lost" or "broken" awhile would see him get angry at things. But he wants off Earth and achieving that after a season would be cool.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Stuck on Earth is the very last thing I'd like to see.

Retired

So any reactions to the series 9 Prologue?

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    Stuck on Earth is the very last thing I'd like to see.
    Same here. It's Doctor Who, with a TARDIS. Why would we want to watch him stuck on Earth when he can go anywhere/any time?
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Astonishing Member Enigmatic Undead's Avatar

"It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

Interesting scene but I have no idea what to make of it.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

BANNED

Same here. It's Doctor Who, with a TARDIS. Why would we want to watch him stuck on Earth when he can go anywhere/any time?
    Oh come on. What kind of comicbook fan are you? What's good for 1970 is good for 2015

I'm on Children Of Earth day 2.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Oh come on. What kind of comicbook fan are you? What's good for 1970 is good for 2015
    We already have the return of The Master , Unit (in a bigger way) and a new Stewart leading them. It would be a nice twist if the Doctor has to work his way to get back his Tardis a few episodes of a season. Be a little wink to the past as he's now in a lab being that "inventor" again.

It won't happen as we know. Because again the outcry from people as you bring up the concept gets people going "Noooo , noooo he needs the Tardis to travel NOW !" I give the show props in shaking things up then.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Well, we're talking about tv not comics, but I just don't see the appeal of a time/space traveler being stranded on Earth. Kind of defeats the purpose of the show.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

BANNED

Well, we're talking about tv not comics, but I just don't see the appeal of a time/space traveler being stranded on Earth. Kind of defeats the purpose of the show.
    Yeah, I didn't really see the appeal of Pertwee-Doc stuck on earth either (although I do believe it had more to do with budget than with any specific kind of appeal they were going for).

Mind you, you could barely tell the difference between earth and alien planets. 70's Earth was a really busy little planet in that era, full of aliens and quarries indistinguishable from alien worlds.

Jersey City - or you can call it The TWiLighT Zone

Yeah, I didn't really see the appeal of Pertwee-Doc stuck on earth either (although I do believe it had more to do with budget than with any specific kind of appeal they were going for).

Mind you, you could barely tell the difference between earth and alien planets. 70's Earth was a really busy little planet in that era, full of aliens and quarries indistinguishable from alien worlds.
    Jon Pertwee-Doc wasn't that bad (seeing a Doc who was more combative then his previous incarnations added another level) and to see some of the workings and relations of Unit was interesting .. Speaking of which when is the new Unit series suppose to Start? I hope we get to see someway of getting Vastra/Jenny/Strax into this series .. they should have done a series about them as well

You're right, it was entirely due to budgetary reasons.