Page 111 of 581 FirstFirst ... 1161101107108109110111112113114115121161211 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,665 of 8715

My daughter informs me that there is a post on Jenna Coleman's Instagram saying that she's leaving the show after this series.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spike-X View Post
    My daughter informs me that there is a post on Jenna Coleman's Instagram saying that she's leaving the show after this series.
    Yeah she confirmed she was leaving after the report came out days ago . She's taking a role on a miniseries coming up so she is leaving. It makes sense after staying almost 3+ years.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Yeah I don't want to see the doctor on earth for a whole series. In fact I wouldn't mind a whole season off earth.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by 5Eyes View Post
    Jon Pertwee-Doc wasn't that bad (seeing a Doc who was more combative then his previous incarnations added another level) and to see some of the workings and relations of Unit was interesting .. Speaking of which when is the new Unit series suppose to Start? I hope we get to see someway of getting Vastra/Jenny/Strax into this series .. they should have done a series about them as well
    To clarify: Pertwee Doc is in my top 5 Doctors, I just didn't like him being stuck on earth.

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

Season Nine Premier.

I'm going to be watching (most likely anyway depending on spoilers) the Premier in about six hours time.

Being super squeamish....spoilers well before that time would be appreciated. I don't need the plot. I can care less about the plot. Just spoiler content on how bad the squeamish-level is, preferably with details such as Something Was Eating Eyeballs as opposed to Then It Got A Bit Gory. Because Then It Got A Bit Gory might to you apply to being a Vegan and watching someone carve up a chicken for dinner whereas to me it's Something Eating Eyeballs.

Anyway, appropriately boxed spoilers would be appreciated so I can determine how much time and when I should seek refuge behind the couch. Bear in mind that I've reached elderly-hood, so I need plenty of time to get down there.

Thanks.
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kyer View Post
    Season Nine Premier.

I'm going to be watching (most likely anyway depending on spoilers) the Premier in about six hours time.
    Same here. Well, as soon as my Hawkeyes get done playing.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    To clarify: Pertwee Doc is in my top 5 Doctors, I just didn't like him being stuck on earth.
    Pertwee was a lovely Doctor and I adored the United Nations Intelligence Taskforce....eh, mostly The Brig and Benton....Bessie; but yes....the time he was trapped was too long. A pity they saved his freedom for the Tenth Anniversary special.

The horribly scant budgets were legendary. Just look at those Dinosaurs that Three had to appear concerned about. Poor chap. Discomfited by Dime-store dinos. How embarrassing.
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

Wally 'Ginger' West fan

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight1047 View Post
    Same here. Well, as soon as my Hawkeyes get done playing.
    I read that and immediately thought you were referring to eyesight problems.

Man, I am getting old.

I read that and immediately thought you were referring to eyesight problems.

Man, I am getting old.
    He misspelled buckeyes

BANNED

Well, that was fun...
    spoilers:
    And Capaldi and Gomez really sold the Doctor/Master relationship.
    end of spoilers

I'd forgotten how much I hate cliffhangers.

This episode just made the Doctor and Master a more complex relationship than the Batman and Joker have. Bravo Moffat. Clara is definitely not liking that the Doctor actually considers a mass murderer his closest friend. She's like a jealous Robin when Batman goes off to fight Joker alone.

I am glad Moffat has gone to an RTD writing style for Capaldi's Doctor. Instead of trying to invent as many new characters as possible, just relying on the Greatest Hits of the Doctor's Rogue's Gallery. He's really bringing out the big guns lately. I was not expecting the Big Bad that this episode delivered.
    Last edited by Ragdoll; 09-19-2015 at 03:39 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ragdoll View Post
    I am glad Moffat has gone to an RTD writing style for Capaldi's Doctor. Instead of trying to invent as many new characters as possible, just relying on the Greatest Hits of the Doctor's Rogue's Gallery. He's really bringing out the big guns lately. I was not expecting the Big Bad that this episode delivered.
    He hasn't really got much choice in the matter.
    He has to use the Daleks at least once per season per the agreement with the Terry Nation estate.

Anyway, bringing out the big guns isn't RTD writing style. It's every Doctor Who writer style ever since the franchise had big guns to bring out.

Retired

spoilers:
    I liked Gomez a little more this time, but her acting is still too cute for me.
    end of spoilers

Capaldi doing the same sort of material does a better job of pulling it off. It's hard to follow the exposition in the dialogue when they're doing all this distracting schtick. I suppose you're supposed to go back and watch it again to pick out all the important bits amidst all the noise.

But I do like all the nods to past stories--you could probably footnote every minute of this one, identifying the references to previous episodes. But that's all I can say right now without doing more spoilers.

Astonishing Member Enigmatic Undead's Avatar

Series 9 Episode 1 "The Magician's Apprentice" Excellent start to the season I thought the atmosphere was eerie, there were some genuinely funny bits and some interesting visuals. spoilers:
    The Handmine field during the intro was really creepy looking as was Davros' servant Colony Sarff. It was also nice to see the returns of The Maldovarium, the Shadow Proclamation and the Shadow Architect, the Sisterhood of Karn and Missy. Peter Capaldi appearing playing electric guitar on a tank was one of the coolest moments ever. The scene where Colony Sarff transforms into a bunch of snakes was pretty crazy. The reveal that Bors from "The Doctor's Meditation" was a Dalek puppet came as a complete surprise. Seeing Clara and Missy work together in an uneasy alliance was certainly interesting. Loved the use of the classic Doctor clips especially "Unlimited rice pudding!" Great reveal that the space station was actually on the planet Skaro. That was one hell of a cliffhanger!
    end of spoilers Really looking forward to next week and will probably rewatch this a few times.
    "It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

Season Nine Premier.

Being super squeamish....spoilers well before that time would be appreciated. I don't need the plot. I can care less about the plot. Just spoiler content on how bad the squeamish-level is, preferably with details such as Something Was Eating Eyeballs as opposed to Then It Got A Bit Gory. Because Then It Got A Bit Gory might to you apply to being a Vegan and watching someone carve up a chicken for dinner whereas to me it's Something Eating Eyeballs.

Anyway, appropriately boxed spoilers would be appreciated so I can determine how much time and when I should seek refuge behind the couch. Bear in mind that I've reached elderly-hood, so I need plenty of time to get down there.

Thanks.
    Unless you have issues with snakes, you'll be fine.