Page 12 of 580 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262112512 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan with a y View Post
    I've felt he needs some kind of neck-wear or undo the top button. It feels like its missing something.
    He's dressed pretty much like a late 70's early 80's Skin (before the nationalist subset took control)
    This was basically a culmination of the Punk, Ska and Punk movements fusing into one.
    Note the crombie, top buttoned shirt, pleated pants and Doc Martens.

Makes sense when you consider that Capaldi was part of the Glasgow Skin/Punk movement.
    He and Craig Ferguson were even in a band together believe it or not.

It was also the look Rik Mayall sported in The Young Ones.

It might look odd because it's from an often overlooked movement that was co-opted by Nationalist idiots.
    So the whole Skin thing basically gets hand waved as being racist and of no worth.
    When at one point it was a fusion of counter cultures and rebellious youth coming together as one.
    Last edited by Alvarez; 06-27-2014 at 10:21 PM.

BANNED

Twelve's outfit reminds me of a stage magician's outfit. I expect to see him doing card tricks and pulling rabbits out of hats.

BANNED

Looks like I was right about the TARDIS interior being a bit different.
    Some additions in there as well.

‘Doctor Who’ new promo pic reveals TARDIS set additions

BANNED

Liking the new teaser. Hoping this new season is a lot better than the last couple.

Astonishing Member Enigmatic Undead's Avatar

DOCTOR WHO | Big Chief Studios continues to roll out high quality, 1:6 scale figures based on "Doctor Who" to celebrate the franchise's 50 years of existence. The most recent Limited Edition Collector Figure put up for pre-order was none other than the Tenth Doctor played by David Tennant that comes with a wardrobe of clothes, his Sonic Screwdriver and a variety of other appendages, accessories and glasses. The limited-to-1000 run has already sold out on Big Chief's website, but look for some to pop up in the secondary market as they ship.
    "It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

that head sculpt is bloody brilliant! don't care for the way real cloth fits though prefer statues and action figures.
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

Quote Originally Posted by Kyer View Post
    that head sculpt is bloody brilliant! don't care for the way real cloth fits though prefer statues and action figures.
    Yeah the pinstripe jacket looks like he is wearing his daddies suit. But the face is great.

I was going to buy the Day of The Doctor this morning but they only had it on dvd and there is no freaking commentary.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Knight View Post
    What in the world is he saying to Clara after 'Clara' and before 'Am I a good man?'

Cannot make it out at all.

Very excited, wish it was sooner, but good to know.
    well remember his first words where "by the way, do you know how to fly this thing!?" referring to the tardis.

maybe he's suffering from memory loss, because he's beyond his 12 regenerations.

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

Quote Originally Posted by saul_on_the_road_to_damascus View Post
    I was going to buy the Day of The Doctor this morning but they only had it on dvd and there is no freaking commentary.
    So very true. Also for the latest Troughton releases.
    I'm hoping that later with the next season collection they'll have Day of The Doctor included and with commentary.
    However, what I really wanted to have was a special 50th Anniversary collection of Day of the Doctor with The Five-ish Doctors with commentary and outtake clips from both. Plus special stuff like those scenes played at the theaters. Still can not fathom why this was not done. It's downright borderline criminal. *pouts*

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Moriarty View Post
    well remember his first words where "by the way, do you know how to fly this thing!?" referring to the tardis.

maybe he's suffering from memory loss, because he's beyond his 12 regenerations.
    Oh no.

Can't you just see the new Tardis studded over with colorful Post-It Notes with reminders on how to run the ship?
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

BANNED

look whose back:

BANNED

Some of the other photos had a Davison era Cyberman head on the floor.

BANNED

The woman looks familiar...

That's not Madame Kovarian, is it?

No, it's not. It's the Mother Superior lady from last year's Christmas Special.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Spike-X View Post
    No, it's not. It's the Mother Superior lady from last year's Christmas Special.
    To me she looks a lot more like Frances Barber than Orla Brady, although it's really hard to tell for sure.