Page 13 of 581 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363113513 ... LastLast

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Knight View Post
    Ah, Green Wing, that's what I know her from. She's awesome.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kyer View Post
    What do you think of the companions collection? I would have liked to have just Donna, Martha, and K-9...albeit would have preferred K-9 without the damage.
    My favorite of the 5" figures is Ten without the glasses. Unfortunately, can't seem to find one at a reasonable price and all they reissued are the ones you have....no coat.
    Do consider getting The War Doctor. He and The Moment are very well made.
    I also purchased Eleven wearing the fez. Was never really a fan of that particular head gear, but Matt really carries it off.

Absolute favorite pieces though are the Titan busts for TEN and Eleven. I put them in a glass Basketball Display Case and dear Lord do they look beautiful. If only they'd also done one with War (although then he wouldn't have fit in the case.) Did consider Pertwee's, but the hair color was so off (silver rather than a creamy white) that it put me off. Tom Baker's was just too wild eyed for comfort and I missed his hat.

.....New Series Picture....
    Is it just me or does Twelve look...odd in that suit? Am not sure just what it is about the picture. Maybe it's just that it seems so plain despite the subtle 'cape'. Didn't much care for Nine's outfit either.
    I'm going to try to get as many Tennant's figures as possible first, fill out his run of characters then move on to Matt Smith and so on and so forth.

BANNED

Who would think a cool episode would be one where The Doctor has to save The Beatles. I think one would work well where when the the rumor of Paul McCartney being dead he was actually kidnapped and replaced by some alien and The Doctor has to save him with the help of Ringo, John, and George.

Think it would be a fun episode.

They actually tried to get the Beatles for 1960's story "The Chase" (Where the TARDIS crew are pursued by a Dalek time machine across different eras) where they would have them in old-age makeup for a 'reunion'. However this didn't happen and they relied on stock footage from the Ed Sullivan show, which due to rights issues has been cut from the DVDs of the story.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    They actually tried to get the Beatles for 1960's story "The Chase" (Where the TARDIS crew are pursued by a Dalek time machine across different eras) where they would have them in old-age makeup for a 'reunion'. However this didn't happen and they relied on stock footage from the Ed Sullivan show, which due to rights issues has been cut from the DVDs of the story.
    I have The Chase on DVD, and was watching it a few months ago. Early enough on, I believe on of The Doctors' companions, a woman (who I sorta like actually) is watching The Beatles playing on TV, as the others watched stuff to do with a Queen, and other stuff.

Do you have any idea why that is, ChrisIII?

I saw an article on the website that confirms the return of the Cybermen for series 8 and the article made it seem like they would be the recurring villain of number 12.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    I saw an article on the website that confirms the return of the Cybermen for series 8 and the article made it seem like they would be the recurring villain of number 12.
    If you go to the previous page a picture was posted. lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Alvarez View Post
    If you go to the previous page a picture was posted. lol.
    Yeah, I know the one with the Mother Superior woman but the recurring villain bit sounded like some new info.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Yeah, I know the one with the Mother Superior woman but the recurring villain bit sounded like some new info.
    Possibly true, yes, but her name is Gatekeeper of the Nethersphere. Makes me think of Adventure Time, that.

Possibly true, yes, but her name is Gatekeeper of the Nethersphere. Makes me think of Adventure Time, that.
    Ah so that's her name. I couldn't remember.

I have The Chase on DVD, and was watching it a few months ago. Early enough on, I believe on of The Doctors' companions, a woman (who I sorta like actually) is watching The Beatles playing on TV, as the others watched stuff to do with a Queen, and other stuff.

Do you have any idea why that is, ChrisIII?

I think the deletion of the scene is something that was done for the region 1 release due to rights issues regarding the Ed Sullivan show. Unless you mean the scene itself, what they're doing is using a time/space visualizer which allows the Doctor to view events throughout time and space, instead of the usual "scanner" screen which I think mainly brings up computer displays and stuff outside the TARDIS. The TSV appears in the previous story as a gift, but after this it only appears in Who Expanded universe fiction.

The Woman BTW is either Barbara or Vicky. Barbara was the teacher from Coal Hill School that joined the Doctor and Susan in the TARDIS Along with Ian Chesterton. She was played by Jacqueline Hill (Who died in the 90s I think). Vicki was sort of the replacement for Susan, although she comes from the future. She isn't in that many stories and left in "The Myth Makers". She was played by Maureen O Brien.
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 07-02-2014 at 12:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    I think the deletion of the scene is something that was done for the region 1 release due to rights issues regarding the Ed Sullivan show. Unless you mean the scene itself, what they're doing is using a time/space visualizer which allows the Doctor to view events throughout time and space, instead of the usual "scanner" screen which I think mainly brings up computer displays and stuff outside the TARDIS. The TSV appears in the previous story as a gift, but after this it only appears in Who Expanded universe fiction.

The Woman BTW is either Barbara or Vicky. Barbara was the teacher from Coal Hill School that joined the Doctor and Susan in the TARDIS Along with Ian Chesterton. She was played by Jacqueline Hill (Who died in the 90s I think). Vicki was sort of the replacement for Susan, although she comes from the future. She isn't in that many stories and left in "The Myth Makers". She was played by Maureen O Brien.
    Probably Vicki. Barbara was the Queen, and Shakespeare for Ian.

Thanks for that info, ChrisIII, wasn;'t aware of a bit of it, appreciate the clear up.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Moriarty View Post
    look whose back:

Don't you hate that. You're trying to get a group picture taken and some Doctor just has to ruin the shot.
    Last edited by jade_nova; 07-02-2014 at 04:30 PM.

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

Oh...nuts. Cybermen? Those are my least liked recurring villains, especially in the new series where the horror element has been amped up (actually showing the body parts harvesting machines during 10 and then 11 with the cybermats turned into parasitical leeches. Too creepy for me. Not even the couch is enough protection. /

Lexrules: get all the 5" action figures that you like as quick as you can. What I've seen of the newer small version toys are bad to awful. Hopefully they'll improve as time goes on.
    Don't bother with the anniversary 11-Doctors set. I got that and was disappointed that nearly every one had minimal articulation. Very sad.
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)