Page 15 of 581 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565115515 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Another new teaser (with some spoilers)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbX4tNG_k3s
    That's Davros, right?

Quote Originally Posted by LoneNecromancer View Post
    That's Davros, right?
    Most likely, judging by the voice. Just wondering if they'll, by this, make an appearance in Season 8, or face off with Twelve - and if they'll use the same actor from Season 4, or re-cast, for whatever reason.

Excites me, and janglesd at my bare boyles, the ol' cockles of the heart. Daleks are nice, but nice to have more Cybermen, especially considering sort of infrequent use through new DW, and will always hold out for the Twelfth to face the Master.

Quote Originally Posted by LoneNecromancer View Post
    That's Davros, right?
    Opinion seems split. Some are convinced it is, others not so much.

I'm with the others. I just thought it sounded like Nick Briggs doing his standard slightly-more-chatty Dalek voice, the one that he's used for the likes of Caan, and more recently, the Dalek Prime minster. Indeed, it was in Asylum of the Daleks that the Dalek Prime Minister first discussed the Daleks' perception of seeing beauty in hatred.
    Last edited by Vworp Vworp; 07-05-2014 at 11:59 PM.

On the radio this morning, the idiot dj was talking about doctor who and how he had friends who watch the show. He talked about it premiering it's eighth season and how Peter Capaldi was taking on the role of Doctor Who and how he was the 12th guy to play the role in 8 seasons. I wanted to call in and bash the guy so much.

Politely correcting him wasn't on the list of options to consider?

Quote Originally Posted by Spike-X View Post
    Politely correcting him wasn't on the list of options to consider?
    no not really. the guy was a professional. he could have done some research. besides while it was on the local station he wasn't local. no way to actually contact him.

Retired

. . . he was the 12th guy to play the role in 8 seasons.

In a manner of speaking this is true. Since the new DOCTOR WHO started we have seen 11 other actors playing the Doctor at one time or another over the 8 seasons (12 actors if you count Hurt--and 13 if you include Capaldi). Some of that was flashback footage or clever editing, but still all of the actors who have played the Doctor have been seen over the course of the new series.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    . . . he was the 12th guy to play the role in 8 seasons.

In a manner of speaking this is true. Since the new DOCTOR WHO started we have seen 11 other actors playing the Doctor at one time or another over the 8 seasons (12 actors if you count Hurt--and 13 if you include Capaldi). Some of that was flashback footage or clever editing, but still all of the actors who have played the Doctor have been seen over the course of the new series.
    dude there have been way more then eight seasons. the guy on the radio clearly thought there were only eight seasons total an that this was the 12th guy to play the lead role.

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by saul_on_the_road_to_damascus View Post
    dude there have been way more then eight seasons. the guy on the radio clearly thought there were only eight seasons total an that this was the 12th guy to play the lead role.
    As the Dude would say: Take it easy, man. I understand all that. Just playing devil's advocate. And I made it clear in the previous post that I was only talking about the new series--which is sometimes said to have had 8 seasons (although it depends on what you count as a season).

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Knight View Post
    Most likely, judging by the voice. Just wondering if they'll, by this, make an appearance in Season 8, or face off with Twelve - and if they'll use the same actor from Season 4, or re-cast, for whatever reason.

Excites me, and janglesd at my bare boyles, the ol' cockles of the heart. Daleks are nice, but nice to have more Cybermen, especially considering sort of infrequent use through new DW, and will always hold out for the Twelfth to face the Master.
    It is to hope. Also to hope that they really go back in time so that it's not just The Doctor's wardrobe that reminds of Pertwee's era, but also for a suave, debonair version of The Master (yes, Delgado! I will take a Delgado clone any day. Man was sexy. Yes, he was old. Still sexy. Except in that stupid Daemon's priest getup, but I blame wardrobe dept for that.)
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

I agree in that the first incarnation of the Master was easily the best one. He was evil and ruthless, and his schemes usually made no sense, but no one can deny that he had CLASS.
    He'd be a villain you'd be proud, to grab a term from another show, to have as your arch.

Whereas, sadly, the latest version of the Master was just plain embarrassing.
    "Let me guess. My theories appall you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters, and you don't like my tie!"
    @Matt_of_Geek
    Now writing at The Atomic Junk Shop

CBR Community Standards and Rules

After Curse of Fenric my experiment with McCoy's doctor continues today with Remembrance Of The Daleks which I've just noticed is written by Ben Aaronovitch. I really enjoy his Rivers Of London series of books, looking forward to this. My only dilemma is Doctor Who first or going to the gym first.

What am I saying of course it's Doctor Who first.

Have the best of both - every time McCoy rolls an R, lift a weight.
    "Let me guess. My theories appall you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters, and you don't like my tie!"
    @Matt_of_Geek
    Now writing at The Atomic Junk Shop

CBR Community Standards and Rules

Ben also wrote "Battlefield" which was the season opener of the final season, and features UNIT and Nicholas Courtney's last role as the Brigadeir in the main show (He would return in Sarah Jane Adventures for a bit and of course in many audios). Audio and footage from it was used in "Day of the Doctor" (Although I think they put some footage of McCoy from the TV movie there too-oops!)

Originally though Curse Of Fenric was filmed first. That's why the Doctor wears a large vanilla coat for much of the first episode, McCoy wanted his new dark brown coat to be a surprise or something like that.

In regular Who news, looks like the scripts for the first half of season 8 have leaked and it's causing quite the stir.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Have the best of both - every time McCoy rolls an R, lift a weight.
    Crazy talk, if I done that my arms would have exploded :-)