Page 16 of 581 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666116516 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Ben also wrote "Battlefield" which was the season opener of the final season, and features UNIT and Nicholas Courtney's last role as the Brigadeir in the main show (He would return in Sarah Jane Adventures for a bit and of course in many audios). Audio and footage from it was used in "Day of the Doctor" (Although I think they put some footage of McCoy from the TV movie there too-oops!)

Originally though Curse Of Fenric was filmed first. That's why the Doctor wears a large vanilla coat for much of the first episode, McCoy wanted his new dark brown coat to be a surprise or something like that.

In regular Who news, looks like the scripts for the first half of season 8 have leaked and it's causing quite the stir.
    Cheers I'll try and catch Battlefield next.

Very much enjoying McCoy as the Doctor, wish I'd caught more of them at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    I agree in that the first incarnation of the Master was easily the best one. He was evil and ruthless, and his schemes usually made no sense, but no one can deny that he had CLASS.
    He'd be a villain you'd be proud, to grab a term from another show, to have as your arch.

Whereas, sadly, the latest version of the Master was just plain embarrassing.
    Side note: my biggest pet peeve about Anthony Ainley's Master was that he spoke as if he just bit his tongue and was trying to avoid the stinging wound as much as possible.
    Last edited by Cyke; 07-08-2014 at 11:18 AM.

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    Side note: my biggest pet peeve about Anthony Ainley's Master was that he spoke as if he just bit his tongue and was trying to avoid the stinging wound as much as possible.
    I miss the way Delgado's Master would sometimes look a bit hurt when The Doctor refused to join him in his evil escapades. What did he expect? Like, yeah, I would so want to join a guy whose been doing his 'best' to kill me.

If only the actor hadn't died, not only would we have likely seen more of him, but maybe they would have delved a bit more into how the relationship with those two worked. That was the nice bit with Simm's Master: those scenes with him as a boy and The Doctor yelling at him not to die.

Then again those gave birth to some truly...ehm...offbeat?....fanfics for which I was not thankful.
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

We all now should take a moment to thank whatever diety we worship that Doctor Who was not made in Japan.

Or at least not by this Japanese film maker.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eak26ohx1Y8

I think I need to go scrub my eyeballs.
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

Quote Originally Posted by Kyer View Post
    We all now should take a moment to thank whatever diety we worship that Doctor Who was not made in Japan.

Heh how awesome would it have been if the Daleks morphed into Gundams?
    "In any time, there will always be a need for heroes." - the Time Trapper, Legion of Superheroes #61(1994)

"What can I say? I guess I outgrew maturity.." - Bob Chipman

I have no idea what you are talking about. That was clearly the most awesome thing in the history of awesome.

There's actually a Doctor Who fan-made anime that's pretty good as well.

I'm 90% sure that this is a fanmade parody, only made to look like the 70s. And with that said, as someone who digs 70s Kaiju and Toku media, it's incredibly accurate for the period

Quote Originally Posted by Vworp Vworp View Post
    I have no idea what you are talking about. That was clearly the most awesome thing in the history of awesome.
    Agreed!

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    There's actually a Doctor Who fan-made anime that's pretty good as well.
    And that anime picked the best possible Doctor for that particular form imo, so props to its creator. Arguably the most dynamic of the Doctors; I imagine Eleven would come close thanks to his animated flailing, though.

Wally 'Ginger' West fan

The repeated cries of Cyber! made me groan. No...the 'sonic screwdriver' made me groan, the Cybermen made me wince.

Anyway, is anyone here getting the new Titan comic book releases? I have the trades on order for next year, but if they are going to be bad (despite the beautiful cover art) will cancel in order to save for the 8th season dvd when it eventually comes out. Love comics, but love the show more.

BANNED

The repeated cries of Cyber! made me groan. No...the 'sonic screwdriver' made me groan, the Cybermen made me wince.
    The Sonic Sword thing made me grin and wish there was more.

It kinda lacked multi-coloured TARDISes flown by various compagnons that merge into a big mech.

http://www.totalfilm.com/news/jonath...ing-doctor-who

The director of Under The Skin, talking about Doctor Who.

Might not direct, but, who knows...?
    Last edited by Crimson Knight; 07-10-2014 at 06:35 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Knight View Post
    The director of Under The Skin, on Doctor Who.
    That's worded a bit misleading, don't you think?

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    That's worded a bit misleading, don't you think?
    Do you mean what I wrote there, or the headline?

BTW, is that a Voltron picture you have as a profile picture?

And, if latter, yeah, slightly, but, either way, slightly altered now.

So I read the script for episode 1 series 8. No spoilers but wow oh wow. If it really is the script and not brilliantly written fan fic then I think everyone will be fantasticly pleased.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Knight View Post
    Do you mean what I wrote there, or the headline?
    Both, actually.

BTW, is that a Voltron picture you have as a profile picture?
    It is the Grendizer, from the 70's animé UFO Robot Grendizer, also known as Goldorak in some parts of the world, mostly Europe as far as I know.