Page 18 of 582 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021222868118518 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Knight View Post
    Out of curiosity and interest, what was your favourite part?

Mine was probably the bit where the Twelth says they're going 'Into darkness', even if that may well inspire some groans here and there, thanks to a recent Star Trek film.

Makes me wondering is he finally returning to Gallifrey, once more to Skaro, home of most of his most hateful foes, or even the darkest place for a Time Lord - the planet of graveyards, that is Trenzalore.

Interesting to note that, along with retaining Elevens' screwdriver, as saul mentioned, he's still using the same TARDIS design that, I believe, was started with from The Snowmen on to The Time of the Doctor. One Christmas special to another.

Would think it'd be better to keep it that way a while, at least until mid-way through Season 8, or later, so it's had enough time getting used, and on the screen, as opposed to just being brought in for E6 to TTOTD, maybe now on a bit.

Glad to see Daleks are coming back, good that both they and the Cybermen get a look in this Season. Hopefully Mondas, Skaro, or Davros can come back along with them.

Hopefully, despite the new creatures or monsters on display that the old, like those mentioned above, will still get their time to shine.
    It's a cool moment. Also quite dug the scenes of the Doctor in the midst of the exploding TARDIS.

But the best part was without a doubt the T-Rex wandering through London.

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

One: If all the Doctors (and companions, and incidental characters) would stay fully clothed I'd be profoundly grateful. So maybe I'm not hip. Not cool. Not with it or whatever the current slang is. Call me an old dowdy, I don't care. For my money, everyone looks better completely clothed.

Two: Enjoyed the trailer. Am wondering if "Where are we going?" and the following "Into darkness" are in fact going to follow each other or if they actually are minutes or even episodes apart.

'More dark' may be more pschological than monsters. Or at least I hope so because I really don't want to see any vivisections or brain chomping or anything remotely like that. My couch just t'aint' big enough anymore.

Three: Am bummed that the Titan comics are not releasing until the 23rd. Had thought it was tomorrow.

Four: Also disappointed that the Eaglemoss statue for Tom Baker's Doctor in actuality doesn't look nearly as good as the promo picture where everything is painted nigh perfectly done. Almost bought...then had the foresight to check out YT and....yeesh. If the reviewer's example there is anything to go by the paint job actually sold to people is terribly sloppy.

Five: Dear goodness gracious YES! I loved the T-Rex taking a stroll in London!
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

BANNED

Just picked up The War Doctor. Beautiful figure. Gallifrey Falls No More.

Bring on Number 13.

The image of a T-Rex stomping around London has already got me excited for the new season.
    "In any time, there will always be a need for heroes." - the Time Trapper, Legion of Superheroes #61(1994)

"What can I say? I guess I outgrew maturity.." - Bob Chipman

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Pharozonk View Post
    The image of a T-Rex stomping around London has already got me excited for the new season.
    Me to buddy. Can't wait.

Quote Originally Posted by saul_on_the_road_to_damascus View Post
    I think he is getting an entirely new tardis interior.
    I really doubt it since they just redesigned the TARDIS about 7 episodes ago.

Quote Originally Posted by T.D. View Post
    I really doubt it since they just redesigned the TARDIS about 7 episodes ago.
    Doesn't it change with each new doctor? Not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Jorge View Post
    Doesn't it change with each new doctor? Not sure.
    Well, I don't think it did with Ten, but that could've been budgetary constraints, or having just introduced this TARDIS, Doctor etc, might have been a bit much to not only deal with a regeneration, but also a remodelling.

Like with Eleven. New Doctor, new logo, new look TARDIS, new companion. Bit much all in one go.

Could've been that thinking.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Knight View Post
    Well, I don't think it did with Ten, but that could've been budgetary constraints, or having just introduced this TARDIS, Doctor etc, might have been a bit much to not only deal with a regeneration, but also a remodelling.

Like with Eleven. New Doctor, new logo, new look TARDIS, new companion. Bit much all in one go.

Could've been that thinking.
    Ten did a whole season with Nine's old console. Ten's new one was in use for two seasons. Eleven got a new one in his first episode, which again lasted for about two years.

Tardis consoles seem to have an expiration date of two years, give or take, so it would seem Capaldi is stuck with the current console for at least a season and a half. Unles there's been a sudden and drastic increase in budget, of course.

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Ten did a whole season with Nine's old console. Ten's new one was in use for two seasons. Eleven got a new one in his first episode, which again lasted for about two years.

Tardis consoles seem to have an expiration date of two years, give or take, so it would seem Capaldi is stuck with the current console for at least a season and a half. Unles there's been a sudden and drastic increase in budget, of course.
    Tardis consoles likely change with the need for new toy sales, but on the plus side for viewers they are fun to see and the changes go along with the Doctor who never can stand to stay still. Goes hand in hand with the character that he would also get bored quickly with the same 'desktop' after awhile.
    With Ten it also made sense for it not to change much as he was obviously having a hard time finding/making replacement parts seeing as Gallifrey Repair Shops would no longer be available plus would have been having shortages what with the Time War. (Look at me, trying to make logical sense out of a fantasy TV show rather than getting housework done.)

Anywho...

found this today on YouTube:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzt8ZCGUKIo
    Man, do I want a Lego Movie of The Doctor. Or not Lego specifically...there's an actual British version that makes for DW, but the name escapes me at the moment.
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

God, that Lego tribute was so awesome.
    "In any time, there will always be a need for heroes." - the Time Trapper, Legion of Superheroes #61(1994)

"What can I say? I guess I outgrew maturity.." - Bob Chipman

Wally 'Ginger' West fan

Quote Originally Posted by Pharozonk View Post
    God, that Lego tribute was so awesome.
    Yep.

Found the British Doctor Who set (which I do not own any of and am not getting as would rather buy books and dvds):
    Character Building:

http://merchandise.thedoctorwhosite....ures%E2%80%8F/

Would be so totally Awesome if they made a movie with these. Even have a Tardis.

My investigations of classic Who continues today with Jon Pertwee in The Sea Devils

My first thoughts are that I really like Roger Delgado as The Master, (only seen Ainley before), great performance, so much better than the modern Simm version.
    Last edited by Haydn C; 07-21-2014 at 12:07 PM.

Got my war doctor sonic screw driver yesturday from who north america at a convention in indianapolis.

Quote Originally Posted by saul_on_the_road_to_damascus View Post
    Got my war doctor sonic screw driver yesturday from who north america at a convention in indianapolis.
    And how is it?