Page 2 of 580 FirstFirst 1234561252102502 ... LastLast
    Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    I particularly enjoyed the five serial stretch from the Deadly Assassin to the Horror on Fang Rock (which also included the Talons of Wang Chieng and Robots of Death.)
    Absolutely.

I started watching with Colin Baker and Sylvester McCoy, so unfortunately they were my earliest memories of the show. But discovering the earlier Drs, paricularly Tom Baker has been great.

So

Favourite Dr: (Old Series) Tom Baker, (New Series) Not sure, i liked early Matt Smith a lot more than later.
    Favourite Story: Hmmm Probably (Old) Talons of Weng Chiang (New) Blink or The Beast Below
    Favourite Companion: (Old) Leela (New) Martha maybe by dint of ultimately not making a bad impression on me.

See, as may be obvious, I actually hold some of McCoy's tenure as some of the best of Classic Who. I think we can all agree that stories such as Time and the Rani and Delta and the Bannermen were rather rubbish, but then you get absolute gems such as Remembrance of the Daleks, Ghost Light, Silver Nemesis, and even Battlefield and Survival.

The 7th Doctor audio dramas, in particular, tend to be of an excellent quality and well worth listening to.
    "Let me guess. My theories appall you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters, and you don't like my tie!"
    @Matt_of_Geek
    Now writing at The Atomic Junk Shop

CBR Community Standards and Rules

Gotten into Who over the past few years, thanks to BBC America and Netflix. Going through the classics now but so far....

Favorite Doctors:
    (9) Episodes: The Empty Child, The Doctor Dances, The Parting Of The Ways.
    (4) Episodes: The Pyramids Of Mars, Robot, The Leisure Hive, Logopolis, The Deadly Assassin.
    (5) Episodes: Earthshock, Resurrection Of The Daleks, The Caves of Androzani.
    (10) Episodes: Blink, Turn Left, The Stolen Earth, The Fires Of Pompeii.
    (11) Episodes: The Wedding Of River Song, The Name Of The Doctor, The Girl Who Waited, Asylum Of The Daleks, The Doctor's Wife, Nightmare In Silver.

Companions: Donna Noble, Tegan Jovanka, Nessa, Rory Williams, Oswin Osgood.

Would anyone have episode suggestions for other Doctors?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    The 7th Doctor audio dramas, in particular, tend to be of an excellent quality and well worth listening to.
    Just listened to Fearmonger and Fires of Vulcan this weekend.
    Really dig McCoys audios.

Favorite Doctor - Jon Pertwee/Tom Baker

Favorite Story - Inferno, The Sea Devils, Talons or Deadly Assassin

Favorite Companion - Romana II
    Last edited by Alvarez; 05-02-2014 at 12:30 AM.

I know that I'm less expert in all things Who than others here in the thread, but one of my favorite stories is the one off episode "Blink".

I was actually a bit scared by that episode and that kind of thing never happens to me.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Astonishing Member Enigmatic Undead's Avatar

The premise of "Blink" would actually work quite well as a stand alone horror movie without all the time travel bits. Probably the best scary episode of new Doctor Who along with "Midnight".
    "It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

Quote Originally Posted by Alvarez View Post
    Just listened to Fearmonger and Fires of Vulcan this weekend.
    Really dig McCoys audios.

Favorite Doctor - Jon Pertwee/Tom Baker

Favorite Story - Inferno, The Sea Devils, Talons or Deadly Assassin

Favorite Companion - Romana II
    Speaking of audio drama,s other than Classic Doctors, like McGann, McCoy, Baker etc, have any others, like Davison, Baker, Eccelston, Tennant or Smith done any?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Knight View Post
    Speaking of audio drama,s other than Classic Doctors, like McGann, McCoy, Baker etc, have any others, like Davison, Baker, Eccelston, Tennant or Smith done any?
    Big Finish doesn't have the rights/permission from the BBC to use any NuWho Doctors, at least yet.

Big Finish doesn't have the rights/permission from the BBC to use any NuWho Doctors, at least yet.
    That's a shame to hear. I'd say, if they were willing to go that route, John Hurt'd be willing to do a few as the War Doctor. I'd say a few people'd love that, and i certainly wouldn't mind it myself.

Tennant seems likely to be up for the odd bit, here and there, to me and Smith, eventually, after enough time has gone by since The Time of the Doctor.

Would love if they could find the technicality of using Hurts' War Doctor, just because, though part of new series, comes after McGanns' 8th, and is technically therefore before Ecclestons' 9th, soooo...

Maybe not, but, could be nice.

Or, set a certain amount of time after The Day of the Doctor perhaps, and let New Doctor stuff go ahead.

BANNED

That's a shame to hear. I'd say, if they were willing to go that route, John Hurt'd be willing to do a few as the War Doctor. I'd say a few people'd love that, and i certainly wouldn't mind it myself.

Tennant seems likely to be up for the odd bit, here and there, to me and Smith, eventually, after enough time has gone by since The Time of the Doctor.

Would love if they could find the technicality of using Hurts' War Doctor, just because, though part of new series, comes after McGanns' 8th, and is technically therefore before Ecclestons' 9th, soooo...

Maybe not, but, could be nice.

Or, set a certain amount of time after The Day of the Doctor perhaps, and let New Doctor stuff go ahead.
    I know that Tennant and Smith are both game for BFA.
    Not sure about Ecc's or Hurt. I'd love that though.
    Heck Moffat even wrote large gaps with Smiths timeline just for that.

Nick Briggs even said he'd be happy to work on NuWho stuff.
    I suppose it's a matter of time till the BBC lets them in.

I know that Tennant and Smith are both game for BFA.
    Not sure about Ecc's or Hurt. I'd love that though.
    Heck Moffat even wrote large gaps with Smiths timeline just for that.

Nick Briggs even said he'd be happy to work on NuWho stuff.
    I suppose it's a matter of time till the BBC lets them in.
    Would that be to do Daleks and Cybermen then? Yeah, that'd be pretty cool, add some nice authenticity to proceedings.

Lot of gaps with War Doctor, many an adventure, before Ten and Eleven got involved, so much to explore there, and, yes, the many, many years left unshown for Eleven lend themselves to it too.

BANNED

Would that be to do Daleks and Cybermen then? Yeah, that'd be pretty cool, add some nice authenticity to proceedings.

Lot of gaps with War Doctor, many an adventure, before Ten and Eleven got involved, so much to explore there, and, yes, the many, many years left unshown for Eleven lend themselves to it too.
    Briggs is Executive producer of the Doctor Who Main Range at BFA.
    Also a head writer. lol

Briggs is Executive producer of the Doctor Who Main Range at BFA.
    Also a head writer. lol
    But, isn't Nicholas Briggs the voice of the Daleks and Cybermen in the modern Doctor Who as well, or is this another person?

BANNED

But, isn't Nicholas Briggs the voice of the Daleks and Cybermen in the modern Doctor Who as well, or is this another person?
    He's those as well.

He's those as well.
    Oh, alright, awww, that is cool. Must be something else, be one behind the scenes, creating, producing work and handling, as well as being very much front and centre of main product.