Page 201 of 582 FirstFirst ... 101151191197198199200201202203204205211251301 ... LastLast
Results 3,001 to 3,015 of 8718
    Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

Why not Simms?
    If Tennant could regen into Tennant and the Curator/TBaker hinted the possibility of revisits, then it is possible.
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

Retired

Bill's sudden realization that everybody isn't speaking English did serve a good point in the plot. And we got the explanation that it's both a gift of the Doctor and the TARDIS--but still left vague.

However, I assume that every companion gets the 411 as soon as they join the Doctor. If they only realize this much later, as with Bill and Donna (and some others I don't remember) then it makes them look thick.

Remembering all the jobs I've had and the boring orientation sessions I've been through, I imagine the companions' orientations on the TARDIS have all been cut for time.

I can't wait for this season, this companion and to some extent this doctor, to just be over.
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Retired

I feel bad for Capaldi because he should be allowed to go out on a high note. "The Husbands of River Song" was a satisfying end for both these characters.

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

I admit I've not loved or even liked a single episode this season, am 'meh' on Bill and Nardole as companions, and I never liked Cybermen even with Two (although still loved Two regardless), but it isn't over yet. Season finale could be the greatest yet.
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Bill's sudden realization that everybody isn't speaking English did serve a good point in the plot. And we got the explanation that it's both a gift of the Doctor and the TARDIS--but still left vague.

However, I assume that every companion gets the 411 as soon as they join the Doctor. If they only realize this much later, as with Bill and Donna (and some others I don't remember) then it makes them look thick.

Remembering all the jobs I've had and the boring orientation sessions I've been through, I imagine the companions' orientations on the TARDIS have all been cut for time.
    I think Bill had the best line of the episode when talking about the realization that the Tardis was doing the translating, she marveled that it also did the lip synching so it looked like they were all speaking English (to her). That was a big guffaw for me.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    I can't wait for this season, this companion and to some extent this doctor, to just be over.
    Yeah, I love Capaldi as an actor, but I'm ready for a brand new cast and I am glad Moffat will be gone.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

I feel bad for Capaldi because he should be allowed to go out on a high note. "The Husbands of River Song" was a satisfying end for both these characters.
    Agreed. This season should have been great, but it's been a dud. Hopefully, the last two episodes will be amazing.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

I think this season uas been okay. Love Nardol

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    I am with you on this. This season has just been ..... boring. I like Bill and Nardol as companions. I like Capaldi as the Doctor. I should like this season but I just find myself wanting it to be over so we can see the next Doctor and the new showrunners. There has been nothing that has really stood out as great this season so far.

Qwerty, I must confess, I too like Nardol. His humour is probably the only thing to have made me smile at any point :P
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Fantastic Member

No, it means something is malfunctioning in the TARDIS. The first companion who was shown to realise something was translating other languages for her was a hypnotised Sarah Jane, who asked the Doctor about it. He explained that the TARDIS was translating, but her asking the question tipped him off to the hypnosis, because another feature of the telepathic translation is that it stops them realising they shouldn't be able to understand other languages.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    No, it means something is malfunctioning in the TARDIS. The first companion who was shown to realise something was translating other languages for her was a hypnotised Sarah Jane, who asked the Doctor about it. He explained that the TARDIS was translating, but her asking the question tipped him off to the hypnosis, because another feature of the telepathic translation is that it stops them realising they shouldn't be able to understand other languages.
    For the Doctor the gift of tongues is something he's long used to, and lack of it is a challenge he's very rarely had to go without. It'd be like someone bringing attention to something you'd taken for granted, like the route you take to get to work. There was one audio where the Fifth Doctor was fixing up the TARDIS and had to disable the feature, and consequentially couldn't get through to a worker at an alien spaceport when one of his companions was kidnapped (the TARDIS was out of action entirely because of the repairs). Lucky the rest of the guest cast spoke English. Makes a kind of sense, as they were from Turlough's homeworld and he was on Earth a while before Mawdryn Undead. A couple of non-TV stories have had the telepathic circuits deliberately tampered with to deal with a linguistic threat, both time turning any speech to gibberish.

BANNED

World Enough and Time is officially the first in a two-part series finale but, given that it opens with a dramatic foreshadowing of Capaldi's departure in the Christmas special, it may effectively be the start of a three-part farewell.
    http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2017-...of-the-darkest

spoilers:
    Pre-Credits Regeneration is what I'm hearing from sources
    end of spoilers

World Enough and Time trailer: