Page 206 of 582 FirstFirst ... 106156196202203204205206207208209210216256306 ... LastLast
Results 3,076 to 3,090 of 8718

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Now Question and Theory about the Master and Missy.

spoilers:
    Now there really is no need to explain the Master's/Missy's resurrection of they return surviving her death in old Who the Master always came back with explanation. But here's my question and I could have just missed this is but was Missy stated as the Next Incarnation of the Master after JS or was that assumed? Because he could had really killed her if she was their 13th life in this new cycle of regeneration in old Who Delgado was on his last life. It would also mean there could be like up to 10 versions of them between those two we never met for future stories.
    end of spoilers
    I said the exact same thing. He just assumed she was next and she couldn't remember if he was right or not.

Let's talk about the Master a bit:

So the reason we've never gotten a Multiple Masters story before, besides the fact perhaps no one thought of it (at least until Big Finish), is because spoilers:
    given the nature of the Master, he'd turn on...himself. That just seems...stupid to me. Or are we supposed to take him serious? Cause I really don't. Missy annoyed me but in retrospect she at least seemed dangerous.

As for the John Simms version becoming the Michelle Gomez version...not necessarily, so I echo the sentiments here. I think the reason it was set up that he'd regenerate off screen is to leave it up to Chibnall to decide if he wants JS to become MG, or another version altogether that we've never seen before. Or a version after Missy since we know the Master always escapes death. But I feel Moffat was leaving those choices up to Chibnall.
    end of spoilers

Ah well. Anyway. Great ep: spoilers:
    And I think Bill's resolution was great. I had a funny feeling with that interview I posted, and others I came across, that Pearl Mackie and Moffat himself was selling Bill's death a little too hard for it to actually stick. The closest she came to hinting that Bill wasn't really dead was when she said she spoke to Chibnall and she said he said "some nice things". Now yes that could mean "Hey great work good luck to you", or it could mean "Hey wanna come back for an ep or two?"

Finally, I'm going to call them the "Missing Link" Cybermen, since they appear to be between the Mondas Cybermen and the Cybus Cyberman. The ones who look like their faces were being squeezed in by two gigantic Princess Leia bunns on a vice. I remember them mostly from the Seventh Doctor's ep "Silver Nemesis" but I think they were in the Fourth Doctor's adventures as well. Anyway they were missing. Meh, though it would have been cool no biggie, I'm sure budget and time constraints prevented this.
    end of spoilers

The "Leia" Cybermen actually first appeared during the second Doctor's story The Invasion. A similar model but with different tubing appears in Revenge of the Cybermen (and also reused as prop heads in "Dalek" and "Death in Heaven") The 80's versions used a similar 'headphone' but had translucent chins and more streamlined chests. They were also slightly redesigned for "Silver Nemesis" but with the chest and heads chromed and the rest of them a darker silver.

The 80's Cybermen also seemed to function more as individuals, whereas Moffat's Cybermen seem to be kind of a hive mind)
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    The "Leia" Cybermen actually first appeared during the second Doctor's story The Invasion. A similar model but with different tubing appears in Revenge of the Cybermen (and also reused as prop heads in "Dalek" and "Death in Heaven") The 80's versions used a similar 'headphone' but had translucent chins and more streamlined chests. They were also slightly redesigned for "Silver Nemesis" but with the chest and heads chromed and the rest of them a darker silver.

The 80's Cybermen also seemed to function more as individuals, whereas Moffat's Cybermen seem to be kind of a hive mind)
    Thanks. I only remember them from the Seventh's run, really, so I was sure I was missing an earlier appearance or two.

I actually liked Bill in this episode, which is awesome given that I've hated that character until now. I do hope that she is gone though as I only liked cyberbill. I'm also sad to see Missy go, I loved her so much!
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Retired

A nice Easter egg scene was when the Doctor spouts off different parting lines from other Doctors. I could connect some of them with which Doctor said them, but I'm sure someone will figure out all of them.

I'm rather on Capaldi's side. Why does the Doctor have to keep changing, can't we just get a good actor, let him (or her) have the job and keep playing the Doctor? Let's not have regeneration hanging over the Doctor like the sword of Damocles. It's become too easy an escape route and doesn't lock producers and actors into sticking with this one iteration of the Doctor.

I found myself wanting this series to have the ending that the Seventh and Ace got. I'm not convinced that the BBC can get its act together for another year--and look how long we had to wait for this one. Let Capaldi have the part until they really are ready to start a new series. But if that never happens, then Capaldi will always be the Doctor.

I watch an episode of the old series each Saturday. Right now I'm on year 3 of the original Doctor. So I know what he looks like and sounds like. And he is William Hartnell--accept no substitutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Flyattractor View Post
    Was it really? Wasn't that the exact same thing they did with Clara and the Immortal Girl from Game of Thrones?
    In a way. But this was so out of left field. Those other times, it fit more into the story. Somehow the Pilot finds her right at that moment . Why not before she was mad a Cyberman? She cried then.
    Last edited by Kirby101; 07-02-2017 at 07:17 AM.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quite liked the finale. The Masters felt a bit superfluous to the whole thing. I was waiting on Missys great moment but I do think the ending for them was fitting in a way. Part of me hopes Bill stays but it may be good for a fresh start with a new Doctor and new companion. Also sort of hoping Clara shows up in the Christmas special

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    In a way. But this was so out of left field. Those other times, it fit more into the story. Somehow right at that moment the Pilot finds her. Why no before she was mad a Cyberman? She cried then.
    I just assumed it was because she was dying so the pilot came and saved her.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenebrae View Post
    Quite liked the finale. The Masters felt a bit superfluous to the whole thing. I was waiting on Missys great moment but I do think the ending for them was fitting in a way. Part of me hopes Bill stays but it may be good for a fresh start with a new Doctor and new companion. Also sort of hoping Clara shows up in the Christmas special

I just assumed it was because she was dying so the pilot came and saved her.
    We can assume an explanation. It still felt arbitrary.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Before Missy left the Doctor it looked like she slipped something into his hand maybe it was a note to the scary woman she mentioned on where to find her body? WHO knows.
    Hail Hydra!

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

Why is it when they show scenes of the Doctor flashing through his past that they only show ones from the New series? It wasn't even a case of his seeing the companions of his current regeneration because they showed at least Donna and Jack Harkness. Is there some licensing thing that prevents scenes from the Classic Doctor's lives? If so then why do they get away with still things like publicity headshots of Susan, Troughton, Baker (both) and so forth?
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

Retired

I was fully expecting the Doctor to give Bill his regenerative energy to fix her as he promised her he would do. And we would get Bill the Doctor. So Moffat could break down two barriers in one go (unless you count the Doctor Donna, who was a woman and a ginger).

I thought the episode was merely alright. Seemed kind of crappy to leave Nardole and everyone as future victims instead of saving them.

The setting for the final scene reminded me of the first Nu-Star Trek film.

And I'm not crazy about David Bradley taking over as Original Doc.

Didn't think much of Bill's ending.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    A nice Easter egg scene was when the Doctor spouts off different parting lines from other Doctors. I could connect some of them with which Doctor said them, but I'm sure someone will figure out all of them.

I'm rather on Capaldi's side. Why does the Doctor have to keep changing, can't we just get a good actor, let him (or her) have the job and keep playing the Doctor? Let's not have regeneration hanging over the Doctor like the sword of Damocles. It's become too easy an escape route and doesn't lock producers and actors into sticking with this one iteration of the Doctor.

I found myself wanting this series to have the ending that the Seventh and Ace got. I'm not convinced that the BBC can get its act together for another year--and look how long we had to wait for this one. Let Capaldi have the part until they really are ready to start a new series. But if that never happens, then Capaldi will always be the Doctor.

I watch an episode of the old series each Saturday. Right now I'm on year 3 of the original Doctor. So I know what he looks like and sounds like. And he is William Hartnell--accept no substitutes.
    I'm of the opposite tack; virtually every actor who has played the doctor ( except for tom baker) has left the role after three years, saying they didn't want to get burned out, or whatever. I'm kind of tired of hearing it. So i think it should just be standard that whomever plays the doctor from here on out signs on for three years, period, and when they're done, they're done. If the actor wants to continue past three years, they sign a new contract, and move on from there. But i'm tired of hearing all the actors say that three years is enough.
    Last edited by protege; 07-02-2017 at 08:42 PM.

Extraordinary Member

IIRC, Colin Baker, the 6th Doctor, wanted a very long run in the role.