Page 21 of 581 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324253171121521 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Capaldi says he stepped in to prevent any romantic moments between Twelve and Clara.

Well, we all thought he'd intervene here and there and have some say on the stories. And for the better, it seems.

But the Glaswegian actor did not say yes to the part immediately.

"I didn't want to be Doctor Who in a Doctor Who I didn't like," he said. "I had to be convinced the show was going in a direction I was interested in.
    Last edited by LoneNecromancer; 07-28-2014 at 03:53 AM.

BANNED

Oh, and since Day of the Doctor made so much they figured why not cash in again.

The first episode of the new series will be in cinemas.

I'm curious as to how the series trademark sense of humor is going to work with Capaldi. It's almost like the trailers are a bit too dark, not really showing the 'fun' side of Doctor Who. Even the darkest episodes of Doctor Who-both old and new-have moments of levity.

I haven't seen the leaked Deep Breath so maybe this worry will be nothing.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    I'm curious as to how the series trademark sense of humor is going to work with Capaldi. It's almost like the trailers are a bit too dark, not really showing the 'fun' side of Doctor Who. Even the darkest episodes of Doctor Who-both old and new-have moments of levity.

I haven't seen the leaked Deep Breath so maybe this worry will be nothing.
    They had a T-Rex stomping down the streets of London and you say there's no fun in them?

it's not the first time it's been said but moffat needs to go. preferably somewhere far away where he isn't allowed to have any decisions about the show or any show for that matter. he's such a terrible person to be boasted out in the frontline. it's a shame because RTD really had a sense for the characters on the show and i miss those days, no matter how cheesy, because companions were regular people living life and happened to be in the right place at the right (wrong?) time.

don't get me wrong, i love clara and i'll hopefully love capaldi but moffat hasn't written characters that are just plain jane people in his whole career. it's apparently a difficult task for him between his horribly sexist views and his lacking ability to write, which both make difficult for him to treat women as humans.

i'm bitter because i miss donna. donna was so great. i mean i'm also bitter because moffat hasn't done many things right for the show but donna. donna is everything.

The BBC's marketing for this series is signficantly better than any of the previous ones, isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by saiths View Post
    he's such a terrible person to be boasted out in the frontline.
    Wait, how is Moffat a terrible person? I'm not seeing the crime of making a mediocre (at worst) TV show.

And RTD should never be allowed near sci fi again after that last series of Torchwood.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mastermind View Post

And RTD should never be allowed near sci fi again after that last series of Torchwood.
    AKA - The Big Bad Giant Vagina Did It!
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

The BBC's marketing for this series is signficantly better than any of the previous ones, isn't it?

Wait, how is Moffat a terrible person? I'm not seeing the crime of making a mediocre (at worst) TV show.

i could go on.

the man just doesn't know what's doing and if someone is incapable of seeing that, i have no sympathy for you.

i could go on.

the man just doesn't know what's doing and if someone is incapable of seeing that, i have no sympathy for you.
    The fact that Tasha Lem was a thinly veiled substitute for River just pointed out to me how interchangeable women are for Moffat. I prefer Moffat's scale and method of writing to RTD, but at least RTD gave female companions more agency (though I'm still miffed that he's the one who normalized the "Female Companion Must Crush on the Doctor" trend. He didn't start it, but he made damn sure that it would be template from now on).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    The fact that Tasha Lem was a thinly veiled substitute for River just pointed out to me how interchangeable women are for Moffat. I prefer Moffat's scale and method of writing to RTD, but at least RTD gave female companions more agency (though I'm still miffed that he's the one who normalized the "Female Companion Must Crush on the Doctor" trend. He didn't start it, but he made damn sure that it would be template from now on).
    Well, luckily that's over and done with.

i could go on.

There's a difference between someone not writing female characters very well and someone being a terrible person. Moffat for the most part knows how to write good stories with nice plots and has been in the business long enough to qualify as someone who know's what he's doing.

People actually take the Bechdel test seriously?

Also, what's the big deal if there aren't female writers on Doctor Who? Lots of other film/TV projects don't have any, but there isn't an uproar about those.
    Last edited by Pharozonk; 07-28-2014 at 01:04 PM.
    "In any time, there will always be a need for heroes." - the Time Trapper, Legion of Superheroes #61(1994)

"What can I say? I guess I outgrew maturity.." - Bob Chipman

Quote Originally Posted by Pharozonk View Post
    People actually take the Bechdel test seriously?
    The Bechdel Test: Definitive proof that Caddyshack II is indeed better than The Godfather.

The Bechdel Test: Definitive proof that Caddyshack II is indeed better than The Godfather.
    The Bechdel Test: Definitive proof that Mean Girls is a better movie than King Kong.
    "In any time, there will always be a need for heroes." - the Time Trapper, Legion of Superheroes #61(1994)

"What can I say? I guess I outgrew maturity.." - Bob Chipman

Mean Girls is better than the Peter Jackson version of King Kong.

Hopefully Peter Jackson's episode isn't as bad as all his movies between LoTR and The Hobbit.