Page 226 of 582 FirstFirst ... 126176216222223224225226227228229230236276326 ... LastLast
Results 3,376 to 3,390 of 8716
    Astonishing Member

Well, I'm out. I have nothing against the actress, nor Chibnall. I wish them well and hope the show brings in new fans. But this older one is calling it a day. I was never onboard with Missy either.

Yeah, anyway, adios.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Reader View Post
    Why would the 5-6 have stopped watching in the first place
    there were people that always "leave" when the Doctor changes

there was near rioting in the streets when Tennant announced he was out

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    jog on

so you're ok with an alien that regenerates into a white male 13 times in a row?

the fact that it hasn't happened sooner is the odd thing here

especially with how ok people were with Missy
    Well seeing as it's a character that's historically been a male, yes I am happy with every regeneration him remaining a male.
    If it was an historically female character that was turned into a man, people's reactions would be very different.
    There's no reason why they couldn't have introduced another time lord that was female and had her star along with whoever was the new Doc... Infact it might well have given the show a much needed boost.

Quote Originally Posted by NeathBlue View Post
    No problem having a female time lord, just make her a new character instead of changing an existing one.
    They did that already. Several times already, for that matter. It's been done.

Besides, the reason why this is so news worthy in the first place is because it's the title character.

Why would the 5-6 have stopped watching in the first place
    A good chunk of it is simply franchise fatigue. It happens with every franchise, especially the older they get. It's natural.

I mean, gather all the complaints in this thread about the various seasons, pile them together into one person, and that can be enough to get a person to stop watching. They can always come back, of course.

A new Doctor tends to bring back old viewers. But a Doctor with a big identity difference from the norm will certainly bring back more viewers who had left, just to see what it's about.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Interview: http://www.cultbox.co.uk/news/headli...-as-the-doctor

Like with the Matt Smith "Twilight" picture, what's seen in the promo is not the final look (Although I suppose it could be her in Capaldi's outfit-he's a doctor known to use hoodies after all!)
    The doctors tend to either be proper British dress or slouchy.

I'm hoping for slouchy myself, no suit or worse a dress

BANNED

The doctors tend to either be proper British dress or slouchy.

I'm hoping for slouchy myself, no suit or worse a dress
    Tom Baker dressed like a hobo

Im more a fan of the middle of the road look

Incredible Member

there were people that always "leave" when the Doctor changes

there was near rioting in the streets when Tennant announced he was out

Oh okay, I thought you meant the show itself did something to drive female viewers away.

The Doctor changes, that's kind of his/her thing. Age, personality, philosophy, outlook, honestly genitalia isn't that big a deal at this point.

That said I'm not familiar with the actress, completely missed Broadchurch, anyone have any thoughts?
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kusanagi View Post
    The Doctor changes, that's kind of his/her thing. Age, personality, philosophy, outlook, honestly genitalia isn't that big a deal at this point.

That said I'm not familiar with the actress, completely missed Broadchurch, anyone have any thoughts?
    exactly

all the butthurt online right now

HOW DARE YOU CHANGE THE BITS ON MY IMAGINARY FRIEND!!!!!!

exactly

all the butthurt online right now

HOW DARE YOU CHANGE THE BITS ON MY IMAGINARY FRIEND!!!!!!
    The Doctor has to pee sitting down! Everything is ruined now!
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

I wonder if she'll have a male companion? Maybe we could even get a role reversed Amy and Rory like situation.

Anyway, I started with Eccleston when they started playing re-runs of the series on syfy and was angry when it switched over to Tennant, then started to like Tennant and hated when it switched to Smith, and eventually grew to like Smith too. By the time Capaldi was announced I pretty much approached it as "I have no idea who this is but they'll probably be good" so I'll stick with that again.

Ultimate Member

I love how people are getting bent out of shape for a fictional time-traveling alien, who travels through time in a machine that looks like an old-school phone booth, and can regenerate after death and look completely different every time and has radically different personalities as well. But no, THAT character cannot be a women, SSUURREE!!!

You can go from look like young nerdy hunk Matt Smith, to older more distinguished-looking Peter Capaldi, but THIS is too hard to buy, SUUURRRE!!

Anyway I'd like to give them credit and say that they've been building up to this slowly over time. Establishing that Time Lords CAN in fact change gender upon regeneration, River Song being part-Time Lord, Missy being The Master, etc.

When the latter happened, I actually said to by friend that "I'll bet that they're at least considering making The Doctor female at some point, and this is them testing the waters for it gradually."

Astonishing Member Charlie_1981's Avatar

I really like these news, for first time we are going to see something different from the usual, hope it is really good, I can´t wait right now until Christmas for the special.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Panfoot View Post
    I wonder if she'll have a male companion? Maybe we could even get a role reversed Amy and Rory like situation.

Anyway, I started with Eccleston when they started playing re-runs of the series on syfy and was angry when it switched over to Tennant, then started to like Tennant and hated when it switched to Smith, and eventually grew to like Smith too. By the time Capaldi was announced I pretty much approached it as "I have no idea who this is but they'll probably be good" so I'll stick with that again.
    For the companion I'd hope no romance, no more young girl from London, no young boy from London, we don't need a Rose/Martha/Amy/Clara/Bill but with a dick this time, no married couple, no kids, because then having to listen to one side of the aisle bitching about the Doctor being a woman, the other side will be bitching about the first femme Doctor being having to be a mommy.

I'd hope for someone more an equal, ala Jack/River/Romana, a older companion, or maybe a whole family though that might make for a crowded Tardis

I can understand people not wanting some characters to have their sex changed, such as James Bond because James Bond is a man, or Buffy because Buffy is a woman. The Doctor however, is an alien, which in addition to the acceptance in canon, makes it basically a case of you can do whatever the hell you like shy of making it a giraffe. I mean, its a bloody alien, they aren't constrict by human biology. I must admit, I was actually uncomfortable with it when rumours were around last time because The Doctor had always been male and I did wonder if it would change the character too much, but I thought that Missy was amazing (to be fair, Michelle is amazing...), so that made me realise that I was wrong and that it probably won't change the character, because each Doctor has their own character anyway. Although, the only female cast member I was really keen on was Olivia Coleman, but sometimes a nice unknown is perfect. We shall see I guess!
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”