Page 228 of 581 FirstFirst ... 128178218224225226227228229230231232238278328 ... LastLast
Results 3,406 to 3,420 of 8715

Quote Originally Posted by Kusanagi View Post
    The Doctor changes, that's kind of his/her thing. Age, personality, philosophy, outlook, honestly genitalia isn't that big a deal at this point.

That said I'm not familiar with the actress, completely missed Broadchurch, anyone have any thoughts?
    The first season was pretty good, the second was solid but was not a fan of the ending. She is okay in the role, but her character is a grieving mom be interesting to see her being positive. Plus on the show also has Tennant and Darvill so I am sure they can give her some advice on being in the show.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Just saw the trailer and I have to say......I'm really excited!! First time the Doctor has been a female and I know the actor. She was great on Broadchurch, so she can definitely act.

Let's just say......

“Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

King of the Dragons Mister Ferro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    I guess my take on it is simple. When you have a character who, when regeneration happens, looks completely different, sounds completely different, is played by actors who vary greatly in age, and even had radically different personalities depending on who's playing him/her, the idea that they can change gender and/or race isn't that hard to buy.

Plus the rules of this franchise have never been all that consistent anyway.
    This.

I could care less if The Doctor is Male, Female, White, Black, Blue, Green ,etc. As long as the stories are good then I don't mind but if the stories aren't good or if Jodie isn't a good Doctor then I will write that it wasn't good.

The ONLY thing any fan should be worried about is whether the choice for the role is a decent actor. In the case of Whittaker, we know she is an excellent actor. Case closed.

I am more concerned with Chibnall. He has had a patchy career as show runner. He did his apprenticeship with RTD when mostly running Torchwood, and has gained plaudits for Broadchurch, but his Camelot was a huge disappointment, and some of his Dr Who episodes have been dreadful. Let's hope we see less Dinosaurs on a Spaceship and The Power of Three type stories.

I am intrigued by his hint that the show may become one long arc instead of being episodic, but I am not quite sure what to make of the idea. His choice of lead is the least of my concerns.
    Last edited by JKtheMac; 07-16-2017 at 11:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    I watched the first series but don't remember her, was she later?
    No, she was in the show from the beginning. She played the mother whose boy died. I've watched all the seasons and she is a very good actress.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Reader View Post
    Can we finally get a companion who is not a young girl from London, and no that does not mean we should get a young boy from London
    I don't mind this, but it would be nice for a change if the companion was from another country or planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Reader View Post
    Hmm, I haven't seen anything with miss Whitaker in it, I may have to watch some eps of Broadchurch
    Please do. It's a brilliant show.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    and people bitched because capaldi was "too old".

i say we were due for a female doctor. so let's see how she does.

Agreed. I can't believe poeple are already saying they're not going to watch the show. Why not? At least give it an honest try and see if you like it. If you don't, then don't watch it.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    Well, I'm out. I have nothing against the actress, nor Chibnall. I wish them well and hope the show brings in new fans. But this older one is calling it a day. I was never onboard with Missy either.

Yeah, anyway, adios.
    Seriously? Just because the new incarnation is a female, you don't want to watch the show? I mean, sure I would have preferred a male, but I'm also excited to see the Doctor played a female for the very first time. It's cool.

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    Tom Baker dressed like a hobo
    LOL! Yep. And it's one of the most iconic looks ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Kusanagi View Post
    The Doctor changes, that's kind of his/her thing. Age, personality, philosophy, outlook, honestly genitalia isn't that big a deal at this point.

That said I'm not familiar with the actress, completely missed Broadchurch, anyone have any thoughts?
    I only know her from Broadchurch, but she was very good in it.

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    probably be more disappointed she's not ginger
    That actually would have been fantastic. Instead of dying her hair blond, they should have made her a ginger.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Ferro View Post
    This.

I could care less if The Doctor is Male, Female, White, Black, Blue, Green ,etc. As long as the stories are good then I don't mind but if the stories aren't good or if Jodie isn't a good Doctor then I will write that it wasn't good.
    Exactly. I just want the stories to be amazing. That's why I watch the show.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by NeathBlue View Post
    More PC nonsense... No problem having a female time lord, just make her a new character instead of changing an existing one.
    So they shouldn't change the existing character of the Doctor? I'm not sure you understand the "regeneration" concept of the show.

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    The ONLY thing any fan should be worried about is whether the choice for the role is a decent actor. In the case of Whittaker, we know she is an excellent actor. Case closed.

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    Just saw the trailer and I have to say......I'm really excited!! First time the Doctor has been a female and I know the actor. She was great on Broadchurch, so she can definitely act.

Let's just say......

I am glad that he chose her if he wanted to go female. They have proven they can work together and she def has potential to be good Doctor. It will be interesting to see her not dealing with a long running tragedy for 2 seasons hopefully see some actors from Broadchurch pop in they have a pretty good cast.

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post

I am more concerned with Chibnall. He has had a patchy career as show runner. He did his apprenticeship with RTD when mostly running Torchwood, and has gained plaudits for Broadchurch, but his Camelot was a huge disappointment, and some of his Dr Who episodes have been dreadful. Let's hope we see less Dinosaurs on a Spaceship and The Power of Three type stories.

I am intrigued by his hint that the show may become one long arc instead of being episodic, but I am not quite sure what to make of the idea. His choice of lead is the least of my concerns.
    Well, the season long arc thing has what has me uncertain, more than casting a female doctor. We've already sort of had that twice already; when jenna coleman decided to leave, then stay one more year, that season was more or less geared towards her eventual departure. Then peter capaldi decided to go, and this past season more or less set that up. I'm not sure i like the idea of one season long story; plus, i don't think we'll have any of the classic monsters showing up; certainly not the cybermen. The choice of companions is also another "what if", because i'm not sure how it would work with a female doctor. I'm just going to wait to hear more information about what chibnall has planned, but right now, i think i'll pass on this new doctor.
    Last edited by protege; 07-16-2017 at 11:43 AM.

Depending on what happens in the Christmas special, I would like to see the new Doctor have an adventure with Clara and Ashildr.

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    plus, i don't think we'll have any of the classic monsters showing up; certainly not the cybermen.
    Just curious, but why would you think this?

I'm curious about not having classic monsters too?
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”