Page 231 of 582 FirstFirst ... 131181221227228229230231232233234235241281331 ... LastLast
Results 3,451 to 3,465 of 8716

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Okay, what the heck is this?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    honestly, i wish i could see river's reaction to 13.

"never tried that before, sweetie."
    I want to see Madame Vastra and co's reactions.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    A charity comedy special written by Moffat years before the show came back and he got a job on it

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    I'm curious about not having classic monsters too?
    Sometimes I forget that the villains on Doctor Who are commonly referred to as "monsters". So, when I first came on this discussion of having "classic monsters" on Doctor Who I thought "Sure, throw Dracula in there. Frankenstein too."

Anyway, I wish Jodie Whitaker all the luck in the world. She'll probably have an uphill battle with some fans who will feel weirded out by it. I'm interested in where they'll go with it. How it will affect how the character is played or written and how other characters will react to her.

I will say this, and don't take it the wrong way, but she's probably the prettiest actor to play the Doctor since David Tennant.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

well, we were wondering what river would think.

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2017-...-so-river-song

This is something I would watch.

Honestly, I'm kind of lukewarm about Jodie Whittaker being the 13th Doctor. Not that she isn't a good actress--she obviously is if she landed one of the most coveted roles in British Popular Culture. But having seen her previous work in Broadchurch, Black Mirror, and Attack the Block, she doesn't seem like someone who could pass for The Doctor. In my opinion, The Doctor, no matter what his or her incarnation, has to be someone who's eccentric, authoritative, whimsical, sardonic, and a little egotistical. I just don't picture Whittaker as that kind of character. Tilda Swanson, Helen Mirren, Helena Bonham Carter, or even Michelle Gomez. I could also picture Suranne Jones, who played Idris in "The Doctor's Wife" (That would've been a neat callback). Those are the kind of actresses I could see being The Doctor no problem. Guess I'll have to see the Christmas Special to how Whittaker does.
    Last edited by stillanerd; 07-16-2017 at 03:59 PM.
    --Mike McNulty, a.k.a. Stillanerd. Contributor for Bam Smack Pow! and Viral Hare
    Previous Articles for Whatever A Spider Can.
    Previous Articles for Spider-Man Crawlspace.

Don't ever take a fence down until you know the reason why it was put up.--G.K. Chesterton

I'm not sure any of his enemies would care: certainly mot the daleks. Unlikely, but if the master does regenerate, s/he might get a chuckle out of the doctor now being a woman. But the doctor didn't even blink at the master's gender swap.
    I can't help but think if we got a male Master and a female Doctor, he'd flirt with her (just as I honestly think at times Missy flirted with the male doctors).

I'm wondering if we'll ever see vastra and strax again.
    It does seem as though supporting cast members of one doctor doesn't cross over into another as much as one might think (not counting companions who transition from one doctor to another like Rose or Clara). River did with 3 straight doctors... that was kinda cool. And Rose sort of did too for the anniversay special. But there are a lot of cool characters I wish we would see more of.

Quote Originally Posted by stillanerd View Post
    Honestly, I'm kind of lukewarm about Jodie Whittaker being the 13th Doctor. Not that she isn't a good actress--she obviously is if she landed one of the most coveted roles in British Popular Culture. But having seen her previous work in Broadchurch, Black Mirror, and Attack the Block, she doesn't seem like someone who could pass for The Doctor. In my opinion, The Doctor, no matter what his or her incarnation, has to be someone who's eccentric, authoritative, whimsical, sardonic, and a little egotistical. I just don't picture Whittaker as that kind of character. Tilda Swanson, Helen Mirren, Helena Bonham Carter, or even Michelle Gomez. I could also picture Suranne Jones, who played Idris in "The Doctor's Wife" (That would've been a neat callback). Those are the kind of actresses I could see being The Doctor no problem. Guess I'll have to see the Christmas Special to how Whittaker does.
    Can I just say thank you? I've been across multiple boards and 98% of the criticism has been that she can't pee standing up, and so little on her acting capability. I can't say whether I agree or not as I haven't seen enough of her roles, but it is rather depressing that so little talk about Jodie today has been about her acting chops.
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kusanagi View Post
    Can I just say thank you? I've been across multiple boards and 98% of the criticism has been that she can't pee standing up, and so little on her acting capability. I can't say whether I agree or not as I haven't seen enough of her roles, but it is rather depressing that so little talk about Jodie today has been about her acting chops.
    i liked her in "boardchurch" so i have high hopes.

Extraordinary Member

I am more worried about the showrunner, than anything else. He has to avoid being the next JNT. I hope we get two companions. Male or female, I'd like to get another companion like Jaime, someone who gets into all sorts of trouble with 13.

I'm gonna watch the show, regardless.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    I am more worried about the showrunner, than anything else.
    This.

Broadchurch bored the everlovin shit out of me. Worried about what he will do with Who.