Page 254 of 581 FirstFirst ... 154204244250251252253254255256257258264304354 ... LastLast
Results 3,796 to 3,810 of 8711

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Question: have you actually seen these three episodes?
    Reply: Yes. Utopia more than once as I quite liked it, especially Derek Jacobi. The other two I saw when they were first aired, and never again.

Seriously, I suggested the lists because things were becoming hostile and I thought it might be nice to see which stories we all liked. I hadn't realised people were going to be like this.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    Seriously, I suggested the lists because things were becoming hostile and I thought it might be nice to see which stories we all liked. I hadn't realised people were going to be like this.
    The idea was solid.
    The error lay in not letting people make up for themselves what is and isn't a complete story.

World Enough and Time/The Doctor Falls
    Face The Raven/Hell Bent/Heaven Sent
    The Zygon Invasion/The Zygon Inversion
    A Good Man Goes to War/Let's Kill Hitler
    The Pandorica Opens/The Big Bang
    Silence in the Library/Forest Of the Dead
    The Girl in the Fireplace
    The Doctor's Wife
    Name/Night/Day/Time Of The Doctor
    The Extremis trilogy

The Curse of Fenric
    Remembrance of the Daleks
    Inferno
    Terror of the Autons
    The Seeds of Doom
    The Robots Of Death
    The Sun Makers
    The Pirate Planet
    Shada
    Kinda/Snakedance
    Last edited by Carabas; 08-09-2017 at 10:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    Oh boy, Classic Who is hard. Thinking of the ones I've seen then (most of them), probably...

The Crusade
    Tomb of the Cybermen
    The Curse of Peladon
    The Green Death
    Genesis of the Daleks
    Pyramids of Mars
    City of Death
    Caves of Androzani
    Vengeance on Varos
    The Curse of Fenric

I feel sad about not including McGann but the TV Movie is a tad average compared to some great Classic Who stories. But I have a pure historical story, a Cybermen story, a Ice Warrior/great alien planet story, a UNIT story, a Dalek story, a Phillip Hinchcliffe dark story, a lighter hearted Douglas Adams story, a arguably best story ever story, a dark sci fi/Sil story and a strong Seventh Doctor story. Nice collection all round I think.

EDIT: I noticed the missing episode thing, given that Crusade has two episodes missing then if it's an issue I'll replace it with Time Meddler.
    No, it's fine. I just thought it might make things tidier if I cut the missing stories out - the fully missing ones are either hampered by lack of visuals, or actually improved by forcing the listener to use their imagination, either way making them a little difficult to compare to the stories we can actually see. With Crusade I think we've got a pretty good idea of what the production looks like, and it's a good story.

I kind of envy you loving Curse of Peladon - I'd always heard it was a classic, but never really got on with it. I should perhaps give it another try.

I think The Caves of Androzani is the story I most admire, it really has got better and better for me with every watch. Davison's Doctor has an edge to him there he doesn't really show anywhere else, and has a hint of ego too, again something he doesn't have in any of his other stories; all the acting is first-rate too. I just love it to bits.

I didn't put a McCoy on my list, but I do rather like Ghostlight.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Oh boy, this is going to be hard. I'll try it though:

Classic Who:
    -Tomb of the Cybermen
    -Genesis of the Daleks
    -The Tenth Planet
    -Revenge of the Cybermen
    -Pyramids of Mars
    -The Five Doctors
    -Remembrance of the Daleks
    -Arc of Infinity
    -The Three Doctors
    -The Invasion of Time

Nu Who:
    -Blink
    -Name of the Doctor, Day of the Doctor
    -The End of Time part 1 & 2
    -Army of Ghosts and Doomsday
    -Turn Left, The Stolen Earth, Journey's End
    -The Doctor's Wife
    -Face the Raven, Heaven Sent, Hell Bent
    -The Pandorica Opens, The Big Bang
    -The Sound of Drums, Last of the Time Lords
    -World Enough and Time, The Doctor Falls

I know I'm forgetting some and wanted to include the Zygon Invasion/Inversion, but it was hard to make the list.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    I feel sad about not including McGann but the TV Movie is a tad average compared to some great Classic Who stories.
    I know right? I kept thinking McGann is such a good actor and I liked him as the Doctor, but when I was making my list, I just couldn't include him over the other episodes I already have.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    The Zygon Invasion/The Zygon Inversion
    The Girl in the Fireplace
    I wanted to include these two so much but just couldn't. I'll call them my honorable mentions

The last three episodes of the series-like the Black Guardian trilogy-sort of form a loose trilogy of sorts-although they weren't intended as such ("Curse of Fenric" was filmed and- was originally supposed to air first, hence the Doctor wearing a longer jacket to later reveal his new brown look).

Ghost Light, Curse of Fenric, and Survival pretty much all focus on Ace's past; The house in "Ghost light" is even referred to in "Fenric" (Although probably intended as foreshadowing , it works either way).
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Classic Who:

1. City of Death
    2. The Caves of Androzani
    3. The War Games
    4. Terror of the Autons
    5. The Ark in Space
    6. Pyramids of Mars
    7. Genesis of the Daleks
    8. Tomb of the Cybermen
    9. The Curse of Fenric
    10. The Crusade
    11. Doctor Who and the Silurians
    12. The Robots of Death

------------
    NuWho:

1. The Empty Child/The Doctor Dances
    2. Vincent and the Doctor
    3. Listen
    4. The Doctor's Wife
    5. Dark Water/Death In Heaven
    6. The Waters of Mars
    7. Silence in the Library/Forest of the Dead
    8. Dalek
    9. The End of Time
    10. The Day of the Doctor
    11. The Time of the Doctor
    12. Last Christmas

Haven't seen 8's movie.

EDIT: To add 12 for the 12 Doctors!
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 08-09-2017 at 01:55 PM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Classic Who:[*]City of Death
    That was another cool episode. I loved the whole time bubble thing and how the Count was split up throughout time. When I first saw it and the Doctor went back to see Leonardo and the Count was there, I thought "What the heck?". LOL

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    That was another cool episode. I loved the whole time bubble thing and how the Count was split up throughout time. When I first saw it and the Doctor went back to see Leonardo and the Count was there, I thought "What the heck?". LOL
    I'm a Douglas Adams fanboy ... that might have a lot to do with it for me. Among other things.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Can we steal from New Who for our Old Who list? I got 14 stories for old Who and I'm still leaving some out.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Can we steal from New Who for our Old Who list? I got 14 stories for old Who and I'm still leaving some out.
    This was really hard. I knew it would be, but there's so many great episodes I had to leave out.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    There's 13 Doctors now ... just expand by one!

Classic Who:
    Enemy of the World.
    Inferno.
    Deadly Assassin.
    3 Doctors.
    5 Doctors.
    Genesis of the Daleks.
    Remembrance of the Daleks.
    City of Death.
    Horror of Fang Rock.
    Pyramids of Mars

Shout Outs to: Caves of Androzani, Spearhead from Space, Terror of the Zygons, Terror of the Autons, Tomb of the Cybermen, and Brain of Morbius.

New Who:
    Utopia.
    Dalek.
    Blink.
    Doctor's Wife.
    Name of the Doctor/Day of the Doctor.
    School Reunion.
    Heaven Sent/Hell Bent.
    Time of the Angels/Flesh and Stone.
    World Enough and Time/The Doctor Falls.
    Zygon Invasion/Zygon Inversion

Shout Outs to Pandorica Opens/Big Bang, Midnight, The Empty Child/Doctor Dances, Silence in the Library/Forest of the Dead, Vincent and Doctor, & Angels Take Manhattan.

Will admit New Who was easier to decided than Classic Who.
    Last edited by Jokerz79; 08-09-2017 at 03:21 PM.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    No, it's fine. I just thought it might make things tidier if I cut the missing stories out - the fully missing ones are either hampered by lack of visuals, or actually improved by forcing the listener to use their imagination, either way making them a little difficult to compare to the stories we can actually see. With Crusade I think we've got a pretty good idea of what the production looks like, and it's a good story.

I kind of envy you loving Curse of Peladon - I'd always heard it was a classic, but never really got on with it. I should perhaps give it another try.

I think The Caves of Androzani is the story I most admire, it really has got better and better for me with every watch. Davison's Doctor has an edge to him there he doesn't really show anywhere else, and has a hint of ego too, again something he doesn't have in any of his other stories; all the acting is first-rate too. I just love it to bits.

I didn't put a McCoy on my list, but I do rather like Ghostlight.
    Some of the missing stories when you hear them do benefit if you have your own imagination to make those 60's stories more epic, but honestly many Hartnells and Troughtons hold up pretty well. The tech might have been lacking but many of the stories make up for it. You might want to listen to the adaption of the Crusade book actually, read by William Russell, which was my introduction to the story and expanded it wonderfully. Aztecs would be a good alternative for Crusade for a pure historical. I like Romans but it's a bit more comedy based than some of the other historicals. For Troughton I also could have opted for Evil of the Daleks, Web of Fear, The Mind Robber, The Invasion and The War Games. But Tomb's my fav Cybermen story and also the first full use of the lovely and late Deborah Watling as Victoria.

Curse of Peladon is one of my fav Pertwee stories, I just adore the blend of gothic medieval and sci-fi and how well they create the world and politics surrounding an alien planet. Plus Ice Warriors. Definitely give it another try!

Totally agree about Caves, it's well deserving of it's rank as best Who story in my opinion. Peter got to go all out and also have some great chemistry with Nichola Bryant, which breaks my heart they didn't have more onscreen stories together, and glad that Big Finish has helped rectify that. Plus the whole cast is fantastic and Sharaz Jek the masked villain is one of the best villains the show has had. (Sutekh being another, hence why I picked Pyramids of Mars, though I would definitely consider Talons for Hinchcliffe's era as well).

Ghostlight is a good story, especially for Ace, I found it pretty confusing at times when I saw it the first time, maybe I need another watch. Battlefield and Survival as well... Classic Who's final season was surprisingly decent.

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    I know right? I kept thinking McGann is such a good actor and I liked him as the Doctor, but when I was making my list, I just couldn't include him over the other episodes I already have.
    Yeah, it's not like I dislike the 8th Doctor and the TV Movie is better than some people make it out to be, but the TV Movie is not his best stuff. If I was sneaking one of his audios in then definitely Chimes of Midnight.