Page 264 of 581 FirstFirst ... 164214254260261262263264265266267268274314364 ... LastLast
Results 3,946 to 3,960 of 8710
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    That's really impressive, and Katy seems like a super fun lady, I still regret not going to a local con she was attending locally about a decade ago. I have to admit she and Louise Jameson were companions I didn't get as a kid, Sarah Jane was more my fav companion back then. But now I think they're great!

Looks like Big Finish have gotten Tenth and Eleventh Doctor Impersonator Jacob Dudman to do the Tenth Doctor and Eleventh Doctor Chronicles boxsets, which is good as he is uncannily accurate with those voices as you can see here.

Katy's done a lot to keep the torch of the Third Doctor era going. For several years now she's been acting with Tim Treloar as the Third Doctor in full cast brand new Third Doctor stories. Tim does a great job as the Third Doctor, and it sounds like he's his own greatest critic. In the extras he talks about how carefully he studies the role in order to do the best he can. He's even got recordings of Jon Pertwee that he plays to himself between takes. The first set has narration, but it was dropped so the second and third sets are pure full casts. Tim did play up Jon's lisp in the last set, though maybe I'm more sensitive towards that kind of thing. Last time it was noticeable was Richard Franklin in The Rings of Ikiria.

Astonishing Member

That's really impressive, and Katy seems like a super fun lady, I still regret not going to a local con she was attending locally about a decade ago. I have to admit she and Louise Jameson were companions I didn't get as a kid, Sarah Jane was more my fav companion back then. But now I think they're great!

Looks like Big Finish have gotten Tenth and Eleventh Doctor Impersonator Jacob Dudman to do the Tenth Doctor and Eleventh Doctor Chronicles boxsets, which is good as he is uncannily accurate with those voices as you can see here.

Saw this last night. Watched that clip and was immediately onboard. Some are up in arms, though. Declaring it a smack in the face of David and Matt. Which is sad. I mean, these are the same as the Companion Chronicles they do with the First and Second Doctor. Both are busy actors, if you are going to get them to do Big Finish, you want the stuff to be full cast affairs.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    Saw this last night. Watched that clip and was immediately onboard. Some are up in arms, though. Declaring it a smack in the face of David and Matt. Which is sad. I mean, these are the same as the Companion Chronicles they do with the First and Second Doctor. Both are busy actors, if you are going to get them to do Big Finish, you want the stuff to be full cast affairs.
    I think it's fine. The fact that David has done a set with Catherine already and will have another with Billie at the end of the year shows it's not personal. As you say both are busy people but neither are against doing a handful when they can. I foresee Matt doing a handful in the next few years. In the meantime BF are able to play about with numerous elements of the New Series and appeal to an audience who have grown up with Who since 2005 rather than just those who recall the Classic Series.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

spoilers:
    Jenna Coleman has been confirmed to be in the Christmas special!!!

http://wegotthiscovered.com/tv/peter...who-christmas/

This is fantastic news! I would be thrilled if this lead to Clara and Ashildr getting their own spin off series
    end of spoilers
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

spoilers:
    Interesting! Would that possibly make Clara the only companion to be present at more than one regeneration? Probably not, but it makes you think.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Interesting! Would that possibly make Clara the only companion to be present at more than one regeneration? Probably not, but it makes you think.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Now that you mention it, I don't think any companions have ever seen two regenerations. So yeah, she would be the first. It also makes he the longest running companion according to that article. I didn't think that was right though. I thought Sara Jane was the longest between her stints with the Third and Fourth Doctors (and very brief appearances with the Tenth and Eleventh).
    end of spoilers
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    spoilers:
    Now that you mention it, I don't think any companions have ever seen two regenerations. So yeah, she would be the first. It also makes he the longest running companion according to that article. I didn't think that was right though. I thought Sara Jane was the longest between her stints with the Third and Fourth Doctors (and very brief appearances with the Tenth and Eleventh).
    end of spoilers
    I think Sarah-Jane still holds the record for the most amount of series with 3 and 1/2. Jaime is the longest in terms of episode count.

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    I think Sarah-Jane still holds the record for the most amount of series with 3 and 1/2. Jaime is the longest in terms of episode count.
    spoilers:
    That's what I thought but according to that article, Clara would be
    end of spoilers

BANNED

Class has been officially declared dead after only one series by the head of BBC 3.

http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/class/n...off-cancelled/

That's a shame. It had potential.

I never watched it myself. Problems really seemed to be a lack of knowledge which audience it looked to appeal to and just being on a digital only channel few people have been using, not to mention then being re-shown on a graveyard slot on BBC 1.

BANNED

Alex Kingston is keen for River to meet her "second wife"

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/09...er-new-doctor/

BANNED

Who would be her first wife?

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Who would be her first wife?
    It's a play on words. Now that the Doctor is a woman, she's saying "second wife".

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    It's a play on words. Now that the Doctor is a woman, she's saying "second wife".
    Also in the Husbands of River Song River told the Doctor before knowing who he was he reminded her of her 2nd Wife.