Page 265 of 581 FirstFirst ... 165215255261262263264265266267268269275315365 ... LastLast
Results 3,961 to 3,975 of 8715
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    I never watched it myself. Problems really seemed to be a lack of knowledge which audience it looked to appeal to and just being on a digital only channel few people have been using, not to mention then being re-shown on a graveyard slot on BBC 1.
    And it was released on DVD and Blu-Ray before being aired in America.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Doctor Who Experience has closed its doors
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prO_2tAjJQk

IMO, they should take it on the road. Imagine how much money they would make in the USA!
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    Doctor Who Experience has closed its doors
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prO_2tAjJQk

IMO, they should take it on the road. Imagine how much money they would make in the USA!
    Sad news. I'm glad I had the opportunity to visit it back in 2013, though I never got to see the redesigned experience with Peter's Doctor. But it was an impressive site and I got to pilot the TARDIS and learn how to walk like a Scarecrow and everything. Plus having four different TARDIS sets - the original design made for the Space and Time Documentary, the Fifth Doctor TARDIS, the Tenth Doctor's TARDIS and the original Eleventh Doctor's TARDIS was seriously fun.

They did have a Live Experience on tour in the UK back in 2010 which I caught here in Nottingham. Virtually all the New Series Monsters on stage and an original plot-line which acted as a sequel to Carnival of Monsters with the Monster Scoop, coupled with Nick Briggs playing Winston Churchill and Matt Smith filming entirely original material to interact with the audience. Loved it!

Sad news. I'm glad I had the opportunity to visit it back in 2013, though I never got to see the redesigned experience with Peter's Doctor. But it was an impressive site and I got to pilot the TARDIS and learn how to walk like a Scarecrow and everything. Plus having four different TARDIS sets - the original design made for the Space and Time Documentary, the Fifth Doctor TARDIS, the Tenth Doctor's TARDIS and the original Eleventh Doctor's TARDIS was seriously fun.

They did have a Live Experience on tour in the UK back in 2010 which I caught here in Nottingham. Virtually all the New Series Monsters on stage and an original plot-line which acted as a sequel to Carnival of Monsters with the Monster Scoop, coupled with Nick Briggs playing Winston Churchill and Matt Smith filming entirely original material to interact with the audience. Loved it!
    That's awesome!!
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Yeah the Live Experience was great, the best bits definitely being this seriously creepy Weeping Angels sequence where the video footage from Time of Angels was on the screen and all the Angels on stage were frozen and then the lights would blare on and they had moved! And they pretended the show had been put on hold and these policemen were checking on what was going on and being picked off by the Angels, very creepy! Other monsters included the Silurians, the Vampires of Venice, the Scarecrows and the Clockwork Robots.

Also the host of the show was supposed to be the son of the original owner of the Scope from Carnival of Monsters, and he was a bit of a Doctor Fanboy, but when the Eleventh Doctor found out about his plans to show off monsters via Winston (who had been scooped up from a sequence from Victory of the Daleks) he got possessive and trapped the Doctor in the Scope. It eventually turned out that he had acquired the Scope and reactivated it via 'mysterious benefactors' who, big surprise, turned out to be the Daleks! They wanted to get the guy to lure the Doctor so he could be trapped and 'totally exterminated' via a process which would completely remove him from existence. But then the Doctor was able to activate the Scope himself and unleash some Cybermen trapped inside, leading to an awesome Dalek-Cybermen fight on stage! And then we got the Dalek Supreme elevating in mid air, which was extremely well done! I really enjoyed it as a fan.

Yeah the Live Experience was great, the best bits definitely being this seriously creepy Weeping Angels sequence where the video footage from Time of Angels was on the screen and all the Angels on stage were frozen and then the lights would blare on and they had moved! And they pretended the show had been put on hold and these policemen were checking on what was going on and being picked off by the Angels, very creepy! Other monsters included the Silurians, the Vampires of Venice, the Scarecrows and the Clockwork Robots.

Also the host of the show was supposed to be the son of the original owner of the Scope from Carnival of Monsters, and he was a bit of a Doctor Fanboy, but when the Eleventh Doctor found out about his plans to show off monsters via Winston (who had been scooped up from a sequence from Victory of the Daleks) he got possessive and trapped the Doctor in the Scope. It eventually turned out that he had acquired the Scope and reactivated it via 'mysterious benefactors' who, big surprise, turned out to be the Daleks! They wanted to get the guy to lure the Doctor so he could be trapped and 'totally exterminated' via a process which would completely remove him from existence. But then the Doctor was able to activate the Scope himself and unleash some Cybermen trapped inside, leading to an awesome Dalek-Cybermen fight on stage! And then we got the Dalek Supreme elevating in mid air, which was extremely well done! I really enjoyed it as a fan.
    That sounds crazy cool!

The Best of the Doctor Who Experience

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U59ru5LlCrU

Astonishing Member

I don't know, with the cancellation of Class and the closure of The Doctor Who Experience, it seems like fanfare in the show is starting to fade again. Matt and Peter got special televised events to announce their casting, and Jodie only got the equivalent of a TV advert post the Wimbledon Men's Final.

Might just be me, though.
    Last edited by Somecrazyaussie; 09-11-2017 at 06:43 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    I don't know, with the cancellation of Class and the closure of The Doctor Who Experience, it seems like fanfare in the show is starting to fade again.
    Class was a terrible show that deserved to die.
    And the exhibition comes to an end not because of lack of interest, but because their five-year sub-lease from the City of Cardiff Council is up. They're losing the building.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    And the exhibition comes to an end not because of lack of interest, but because their five-year sub-lease from the City of Cardiff Council is up. They're losing the building.
    I won't miss Class at all, provided they find a way to use the Ms. Quill character elsewhere (Audio's, cameo on Who, whatever). She was the only part worth watching.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    I won't miss Class at all, provided they find a way to use the Ms. Quill character elsewhere (Audio's, cameo on Who, whatever). She was the only part worth watching.
    That seems to be the concensus.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Well, it wasn't my cup of tea. However, I am sure there are those out there who did enjoy it. So I'll refrain from saying it deserved to die.

It's the timing. Prominent YouTuber's whose channels feature Dr Who related content are also shutting up shop. Die hard fanatics as well. I know a few people who regularly watched the series from its revival now no longer watch it. The ratings are still respectable. Yet the show doesn't seem to be prime viewing like it once was. It is nowhere near how it was in the 80s. I'm just noticing a lot of indifference. Is the show being taken for granted?

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    Is the show being taken for granted?
    Because it doesn't have a spin-off series on BBC3 and a huge great exhibition devoted to it? Or because some YouTubers have moved on?

No.
    "The rules of regeneration are known!"

"Sorry, what did you say? Did you mention the rules? Now, listen. A bit of advice: tell me the truth if you think you know it,
    lay down the law if you're feeling brave, but never ever tell me the rules!!"

Astonishing Member

I've been looking forward to The Silurian Candidate. Hopefully it delivers. Time In Office is a bit of a dark horse in my eyes. Shall have to see how to goes.