Page 268 of 581 FirstFirst ... 168218258264265266267268269270271272278318368 ... LastLast
Results 4,006 to 4,020 of 8707
    BANNED

I don't see that much hanging plot threads anyway.

I'd like to see a small bit on Colonel "Runaway" that the future the Doctor wanted for him came to pass he's a pathetic figure who children and people mock and call Colonel Runaway and since the Doctor effectively started erasing his won legend at the end of series 6 as to become "small" again. It would be interesting if Colonel "Runaway" wasn't only mocked but no one remembered the person he runway from which adding more insult to injury.

Astonishing Member

Be ready to be very excited. Big Finish have just announced three new Short Trips (half hour stories read by one actor). One of them is read by Yee Jee Tso, Chang Lee from the TV Movie, reprising the character of Warrant Officer Charlie Sato from a few previous stories (Fox owns the rights to Grace Holloway and Chang Lee) teaming up with the Eighth Doctor in The Turn of the Screw. The other two are read by Camille Coduri, featuring Jackie Tyler and the Meta Crisis Doctor from Journey's End! These two are The Siege of Big Ben and Flight into Hull!.

There's also a Short Trips sale on at the moment, so check it out and get some bargains on what were already bargain prices.

https://www.bigfinish.com/news/v/jac...ho-short-trips

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by jbmasta View Post
    Be ready to be very excited. Big Finish have just announced three new Short Trips (half hour stories read by one actor). One of them is read by Yee Jee Tso, Chang Lee from the TV Movie, reprising the character of Warrant Officer Charlie Sato from a few previous stories (Fox owns the rights to Grace Holloway and Chang Lee) teaming up with the Eighth Doctor in The Turn of the Screw. The other two are read by Camille Coduri, featuring Jackie Tyler and the Meta Crisis Doctor from Journey's End! These two are The Siege of Big Ben and Flight into Hull!.

There's also a Short Trips sale on at the moment, so check it out and get some bargains on what were already bargain prices.

I love the fact HE was the one who approached Big Finish first lol.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

New Meta Crisis Doctor stories are a big surprise. I'll be curious to see just what sort of Doctor he is and how his relationship with Rose has gone since they stayed together in the Cybus universe. And how Jackie, Pete and Tony (I think that was their new son's name) have gotten on too. But they're definitely interjecting more New Series elements into the Short Trips series after the Jago and Litefoot meet the Tenth Doctor and Time War Era Eight meets Nyssa and Susan stories.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jbmasta View Post

This is going to be AWESOME!!
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Also, I wanted to share this cool DW gif that I found (can't remember where though) and been meaning to post here

“Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

It's from Nightmare in Silver-the Doctor basically in a mental battle with the Cyberplanner trying to take over his mind.

There's a rumor that the Christmas special semi-companion played by Gatiss is actually Gilbert Mackenzie Trench, the designer of the type of police box that's the TARDIS exterior.

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2017-...ue-police-box/
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

spoilers:
    The Tardis is getting a new look and the episodes are going to be longer:

http://screenrant.com/doctor-who-sea...pisode-length/
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    spoilers:
    The Tardis is getting a new look and the episodes are going to be longer:

http://screenrant.com/doctor-who-sea...pisode-length/
    end of spoilers
    Well, everybody expected a redesigned Tardis interior. Same with a brand new Sonic Screwdriver. As for the other bit of news, if I was showrunner, I would petition for the exact same thing. So I am okay with it.

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

Default Dr. Who: Ghost Stories HC by George Mann

I have an opportunity to get the collected edition coming out next week. Really enjoyed that Christmas Special being a lover of iconic Superman and all. Grant was likeable enough. Very socially awkward!Clark Kent type. Girlfriend was not a total bore.

Possible cons for me: The baby is now a kid. A reviewer mentioned that 'the girls' save the day. Okay, I can truthfully say that stories that go out of their way for 'girl power' (or woman power) just makes me cringe. I am into Doctor Who for the guys and the Tardis, Gallifrey, and fun. Socio/Political correctness themes are not fun. Women being powerful is fine and all, but it doesn't make me want to spend money on it. Let others enjoy.

So that said do you think I'd enjoy the book? Or should I just wait for the next Ten book version as planned?
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

There's a rumor that the Eleventh Doctor will have some part to play in the special.This being the final Moffat/Capaldi I know there's probably going to be something of a "farewell tour" perhaps, but having Smith-who also cameod in "Deep Breath"-kind of undermine Capaldi a bit? Maybe he had time for one last call from Trenzalore "Oh, now I'm a girl"
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    There's a rumor that the Eleventh Doctor will have some part to play in the special.This being the final Moffat/Capaldi I know there's probably going to be something of a "farewell tour" perhaps, but having Smith-who also cameod in "Deep Breath"-kind of undermine Capaldi a bit? Maybe he had time for one last call from Trenzalore "Oh, now I'm a girl"
    Smith cameoing in deep breath in no way undermined capaldi.
    Stick "we work together and we get out of here alive"

Matt "peace out suckas"

Fire Up The Tardis: ‘Doctor Who’ Gets New Cast Members, Sets Details On Next Season:

http://deadline.com/2017/10/doctor-w...so-1202192818/

I have no idea who the two young actors are. Anyone seen them in anything before?

Quote Originally Posted by Qwerty View Post
    Smith cameoing in deep breath in no way undermined capaldi.
    Actually I always felt Smith's 11th Doctor call in Deep Breath was a nice passing of the torch and a little meta with the you think you're scared he's more scared than anyone and he needs you. It was like 11 was telling the audience that about PC you think you're scared of a new Doctor? Well imagine it for him being the New Doctor and how scary that is he needs you.