Page 269 of 582 FirstFirst ... 169219259265266267268269270271272273279319369 ... LastLast
Results 4,021 to 4,035 of 8718
    Astonishing Member

Glad to see Walsh is confirmed for the new series. It definitely raises my excitement level.

In other news, if you are a fan of Big Finish, there is a small window to get The Main Range Releases 51 - 100 for £6 on CD. I bring it up because these are going Out of Print. So once they are gone that's it. So best to grab any you need now for a great price. Expect the prices on ebay to go up. Same as it did when 1 - 50 went the same way.

After some doubt, i’m also happy that bradley walsh is officially joing the cast. I hope it’s a “ good” role. I am a bit perplexed about the need for three companions, so i’m really not sure what to expect.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    I have no idea who the two young actors are. Anyone seen them in anything before?
    They're both from Channel 4's daytime teen soap Hollyoaks

BANNED

And the guy played an X-Wing pilot in The Force Awakens.

I'm still not too excited about Walsh, but hopefully he will prove me completely wrong. I too, am not sure why we need three regular companions... I guess that it depends what they do with them.
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    I'm still not too excited about Walsh, but hopefully he will prove me completely wrong. I too, am not sure why we need three regular companions... I guess that it depends what they do with them.
    It's not like three companions is a first, not even for New Who. And yes, it's all about how they're utilised. But after a couple of years very much focused on one single companion (be that Clara or Bill), it makes sense to go for something a little different this time around.

I'm mostly thrilled for Walsh, primarily cos I know he's a decent actor with a shedload of charisma. As for Mandip and Ryan, I'll have to wait and see as I haven't seen in 'em in much.
    "The rules of regeneration are known!"

"Sorry, what did you say? Did you mention the rules? Now, listen. A bit of advice: tell me the truth if you think you know it,
    lay down the law if you're feeling brave, but never ever tell me the rules!!"

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    After some doubt, i’m also happy that bradley walsh is officially joing the cast. I hope it’s a “ good” role. I am a bit perplexed about the need for three companions, so i’m really not sure what to expect.
    Well, three companions hasn't really been done in Who since it came back. Not in an ongoing capacity anyway. It all comes down to how they are utilized. It also gives the writers three different characters, with different perspectives, to develop.

Bradley Walsh worked for Law & Order: UK, which Chibnall adapted from the US franchise, so no doubt that plays a part in his casting.

Law & Order: UK IMHO was dire (admittedly something I've often felt about series that are written/run by Chris Chibnall ). That said, Walsh was an extremely convincing London police officer, undoubtedly the best bit of the series, from the episodes that I saw.

Quote Originally Posted by Coin Biter View Post
    Bradley Walsh worked for Law & Order: UK, which Chibnall adapted from the US franchise, so no doubt that plays a part in his casting.

Law & Order: UK IMHO was dire (admittedly something I've often felt about series that are written/run by Chris Chibnall ). That said, Walsh was an extremely convincing London police officer, undoubtedly the best bit of the series, from the episodes that I saw.
    I’d kind of like to watch the episodes, to get a feel for walsh, but i don’t think the series is available in region 1.

Mighty Member

I use to watch Hollyoaks when both Mandip Gill and Tosin Cole was on, Mandip was a standout among the young cast, and usually got rave reviews from both fans and critics Tosin was mainly a background character used for comedic moments.

Getting a slight Davison-era feeling with the three companions. Plus she does have a slight resemblance to Davison (apart from of course the gender)-the fair blond hair, youth, some features of the face...plus her reveal pics remind me a bit of Peter's, which were also in a wooded area. All a bit superficial though stuff . For one thing, Davison's TARDIS crew was somewhat dysfunctional at times-especially with Tegan, Adric, and later, Turlough. The Doctor was also somewhat vulnerable, and despite being known as the "nice" Doctor was ocassionally Petulant at first (Nyssa was pretty much the most mature member). The first episode of "Earthshock" was a good example of this iMO. It was based somewhat on Hartnell's crew, who didn't always get along with the Doctor either. Although we've seen some companion dysfunction in New Who, it's been mainly of the "jealous companion boyfriend" type (Mickey and Danny Pink, for starters).

We'll see how this crew works out.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    Same here. I'm not excited about him being the companion (nor having three in total), but I'm hoping Chibnall proves me wrong
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Astonishing Member

I’d kind of like to watch the episodes, to get a feel for walsh, but i don’t think the series is available in region 1.
    If Walsh has been cast to be a comedic foil to the Doctor there is no need to worry. He pulls off comedy very well. I'd also agree with the sentiment he was one of, if not the best, thing L&O: UK had going for it. To American posters who aren't familiar with it, Walsh was the UK equivalent of Orbach's Lenny Briscoe.

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    If Walsh has been cast to be a comedic foil to the Doctor there is no need to worry. He pulls off comedy very well. I'd also agree with the sentiment he was one of, if not the best, thing L&O: UK had going for it. To American posters who aren't familiar with it, Walsh was the UK equivalent of Orbach's Lenny Briscoe.
    I haven’t said this anywhere else, but to me, peter capaldi was more like doctor smith than doctor who. Now we have a family of sorts traveling with the doctor, and walsh could be taking on aspects of that role- the cowardly bumbling stowaway who’s mainly out for himself. I’d like to see him as someone who becomes a better person due to his involvement with the doctor.
    Last edited by protege; 10-24-2017 at 07:12 AM.

BANNED

I haven’t said this anywhere else, but to me, peter capaldi was more like doctor smith than doctor who.
    Lost In Space Dr. Smith?

Early in his 1st series perhaps. By the end he was the most Doctory Doctor that ever Doctored.