Page 270 of 581 FirstFirst ... 170220260266267268269270271272273274280320370 ... LastLast
Results 4,036 to 4,050 of 8711

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Lost In Space Dr. Smith?

Early in his 1st series perhaps. By the end he was the most Doctory Doctor that ever Doctored.
    THIS Exactly and QFT

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Lost In Space Dr. Smith?

Early in his 1st series perhaps. By the end he was the most Doctory Doctor that ever Doctored.
    Well, i sort of gave up on capaldi’s doctor in the second season. Tried it again in the third, quickly lost interest.
    Last edited by protege; 10-29-2017 at 07:48 AM.

I don't look back at Capaldi with a huge amount of enthusiasm to be honest. I certainly liked him more by the end, but not enough to be remotely bothered that he was leaving. That is probably the only role that I haven't loved him in to be honest :P

I think that Capaldi would make a fantastic wizard...
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

"Doctor... Who... Is... Required!"

WOTAN's back, baby! And he's taking on Yvonne Hartman's Torchwood One!

https://www.bigfinish.com/news/v/com...d-one-machines

I read in the latest Doctor Who Magazine that the 2nd Doctor adventure Wheel in Space had been reassembled using soundtracks and telesnaps in a similar fashion to the Web of Fear. It was suppose to have the trailer for the rebuilt episode debut at San Diego ComicCon. Now it has come and gone and the year is almost over and as far as I can tell there has not been anything mentioned about it. I was wondering if any of you might have heard anything about it.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kaled View Post
    I read in the latest Doctor Who Magazine that the 2nd Doctor adventure Wheel in Space had been reassembled using soundtracks and telesnaps in a similar fashion to the Web of Fear. It was suppose to have the trailer for the rebuilt episode debut at San Diego ComicCon. Now it has come and gone and the year is almost over and as far as I can tell there has not been anything mentioned about it. I was wondering if any of you might have heard anything about it.
    Can't say I have, Kaled. Although Gallifrey Base would be the best place for any info regarding it (I haven't been on there in awhile.) I think, if it has been done, mention will come after the newly animated version of Shada. They might even wait until after the Christmas special has come and gone. Ideally so it doesn't get lost in the news shuffle.

Wheel In Space is an odd one. Rumours have persisted for almost 2 years regarding it. Some claim that there is a good chance the story might be recovered due to how it was bicycled to other countries (The Abominable Snowmen was included in the same distribution package.) Some feel Philip Morris may have actually made some headway in securing further episodes (fuelled by an off-hand comment he made at a Missing Believed Wiped panel), and he is holding off on returning them until he has exhausted all avenues for further finds (to prevent a repeat of Web 3.)

Now, over on Gallifrey Base about 14 - 16 months ago, a poster (who many vouched for and asserted wasn't the type to bullshit about something like this) claimed he had run into a guy who had some involvement with The Restoration Team and the Dr Who home media side of things. The guy, who wasn't named, mentioned that the scuttlebutt was that two episodes of Wheel had indeed been found and work was set to begin on restoration. Apparently the BBC were going to animate the other two missing episodes and have a DVD release in the near future (there was a belief that no further episodes were going to be found.)

The Omnirumour was just wishful thinking. But certain parts of it refuse to die. My belief is that there are more episodes out there. Most likely one or two episodes from certain serials. The rest, i believe, will be orphan episodes. We will never see the return of the full 97 episodes. I do know that quite a few missing episodes are held in private collections. These individuals, rightly or wrongly, refuse to return them or allow them to be copied. Which is their prerogative if they retrieved them from the rubbish. IIRC, one guy holds 2 episodes of the Savages in his collection.

Hope for the best, but plan for the worst. I think we got Power because there is no chance of ever finding the actual footage. I would love to have a nice DVD of Wheel on my shelf. I really hope BBC stops holding out and just animates the two missing episodes of The Crusades so we get a proper release.

Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    I don't look back at Capaldi with a huge amount of enthusiasm to be honest. I certainly liked him more by the end, but not enough to be remotely bothered that he was leaving. That is probably the only role that I haven't loved him in to be honest :P

I think that Capaldi would make a fantastic wizard...
    Heaven Sent is my favorite Doctor Who episode of all time. But other than that one exquisite episode, Capaldi was kind of meh to me.

Wheel's kind of an odd one. Although it introduces Zoe and the 'teardrop' Cybermen designs, it's one of the Cyber-stories I think that potrays them mainly as just another robot villain instead of the 'body horror' of conversion being brought up, and it seems like a standard "base under siege" plot. We do have to credit it I think for that one Evil of the Daleks episode surviving, since the Doctor has Zoe "watch" the episode at the end.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

I apologize because I forgot who sent it (but I am grateful to them for sending it) but I was sent a link and Wheel in Space was put back together and is on BritBox. There is also a trailer for it on YouTube.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

"Top 10 Scariest Doctor Who Monsters - Halloween Special"

“Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

I purchased this yesterday and I'm so excited! I probably won't get it until the end of November though.

https://www.bigfinish.com/releases/v...d-edition-1658

It's limited to only 5,000 copies so if you want to get it, you might want to get it soon before it sells out.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

I was going to grab a couple of binders for the Eaglemoss DW magazines, holy **** those things are expensive...
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    I was going to grab a couple of binders for the Eaglemoss DW magazines, holy **** those things are expensive...
    They are indeed

Astonishing Member

The Jenny spin off is officially a thing. Big Finish's worst kept secret is finally out for the world to see.

https://www.bigfinish.com/news/v/jen...-to-big-finish
    Last edited by jbmasta; 11-01-2017 at 01:46 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by jbmasta View Post
    The Jenny spin off is officially a thing. Big Finish's worst kept secret is finally out for the world to see.

https://www.bigfinish.com/news/v/jen...-to-big-finish
    That character on the cover looks an awful lot like Cyborg from DC.