Page 278 of 582 FirstFirst ... 178228268274275276277278279280281282288328378 ... LastLast
Results 4,156 to 4,170 of 8716

My 10th/11th Titan books arrived today, 12th is a Christmas present. They look so damned good... I can't wait to unwrap them, as soon as I finish the last of Negation haha Also, I'm on the 10th season of my DW rerun and I'd forgotten quite how dumb as **** Bill is.
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    My 10th/11th Titan books arrived today, 12th is a Christmas present. They look so damned good... I can't wait to unwrap them, as soon as I finish the last of Negation haha
    Congrats Enigma! They're awesome!

Also, I'm on the 10th season of my DW rerun and I'd forgotten quite how dumb as **** Bill is.
    Yeah, never liked her. She's easily my least favorite companion of all time
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

I just finished 'The Weeping Angels of Mons'. Hole crap, that was just brilliant, even if I am biased because Weeping Angels are my favourite. The story was great and I really like the art here too. The ending however, I just loved it, a nice tribute!
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

I just finished 'The Weeping Angels of Mons'. Hole crap, that was just brilliant, even if I am biased because Weeping Angels are my favourite. The story was great and I really like the art here too. The ending however, I just loved it, a nice tribute!
    Did you notice (just in case others haven't read it yet)

spoilers:
    In the very first story, when the Doctor and Gabby were running through the graveyard, they passed a Weeping Angel?
    end of spoilers

Also, I got 'Legends of Ashildr' in the mail today. I don't know when I'll have a chance to read it though. I'm way behind on my "to read" pile.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

i remember thinking about Weeping Angels early on but thinking 'Nah, this isn't it yet' Maybe it was that?

Retired

Watched the fourth and final part of "The Tenth Planet" today. Sad to see the original Doctor go--but, at least, I can look forward to Troughton next week (my favourite Doctor). There seems to be a generouus amount of footage left--it wasn't entirely still images. Maybe there's hope that one day almost the whole episode can be restored.

Of course, should I want to watch the Christmas special, it might be good that I've just finished rewatching the First Doctor's run. Might. On the other hand, it could be very annoying seeing someone else play the part.

I don't know if I really want to see the Christmas special this year. It bugged me that so much was spoiled--and months in advance. And I had no control over the spoilers as the news was spread everywhere--and in unexpected places.

I'm much more looking forward to Clara Oswald's Christmas special.

I bought Doom Coalition 1.

Shada (animated) was released on DVD overseas on 12/4/17. Originally it was going to be released in the U.S. in January. That has changed and it is not known when it is going to be released in the U.S. Rumor has it it is because BBCAmerica can schedule it on TV before it is released on dvd. For those that have seen it how is it?

Are we all excited for the Christmas special?

I'm not jumping out of my seat anymore, but I suspect that if I watch the trailer, then suddenly I will be again :P

I'm not going to watch it on Christmas Day though because a) I won't be able to watch it in peace and b) I'm only a few episodes away from it in my rewatch, so I might as well wait it out.

Astonishing Member

I'm not jumping out of my seat anymore, but I suspect that if I watch the trailer, then suddenly I will be again :P

I'm not going to watch it on Christmas Day though because a) I won't be able to watch it in peace and b) I'm only a few episodes away from it in my rewatch, so I might as well wait it out.
    I will be watching with some trepidation. Really hope Moffat delivers with this one. I don't want a self indulgent "lap of victory" like we got with the Tenth and Eleventh Doc's. The only one done well since Doctor Who came back was Nine's. I really feel we might.

Hopefully Doctor Who lifts the game next year. Going to take more than a new Doctor, new TARDIS interior, new titles/theme to do it. The show needs a complete overhaul. Can't believe a diehard Whovian is saying this, but the show needs to stop with the heavy continuity. Continuity should be used to enhance the plot, not strangle it to death. It did that in the 80s and we all know how it turned out. Same as it is now.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

One of my new years wishes is they find more Missing episodes of Who. That they find more Troughton episodes since a lot of his are missing.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    One of my new years wishes is they find more Missing episodes of Who. That they find more Troughton episodes since a lot of his are missing.
    I think there is more out there. The trouble is, even if they are located, they probably won't be released to the public. Only reason we got Enemy and Web, was because it was Who's 50th. Otherwise, they would have remained secret. I'd love any missing episodes, but I much prefer for them to exhaust all avenues and then release them. Hate to see a repeat of Web 3.

Retired

I really wish Olivia Colman was going to be the new Doctor rather than the new Queen. I wonder how THE CROWN will manage the transfer of power. Will Claire Foy and Matt Smith regenerate into the Second Queen and her Companion?

Olivia Colman was my top pick for the first female Doctor, and I still think that she is a great candidate for a future (and then older) Doctor.

OH YES! I watched the last two episodes from this past year in anticipation of this special and I can't wait!