Page 279 of 581 FirstFirst ... 179229269275276277278279280281282283289329379 ... LastLast
Results 4,171 to 4,185 of 8704

Well, I hope that you enjoy it!

I got the Twelfth Doctor's year one this morning - so damn nice.
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

BANNED

Peter, we let you go

Two words

Women Drivers.

X-men and Tf2 fan. WolverineandDeadpool's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Peter, we let you go

Two words

Women Drivers.
    Aye bub
    I think the Tardis was just the fanbase metaphor.

Honestly, that was one of the best Christmas specials from the series. Even the obligatory Christmas element wasn't over done.

The inclusion of original footage was well done and the link to the other long running character was nice.
    "Let me guess. My theories appall you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters, and you don't like my tie!"
    @Matt_of_Geek
    Now writing at The Atomic Junk Shop

CBR Community Standards and Rules

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Peter, we let you go

Two words

Women Drivers.
    Hmmmm... i’ve seen the regeneration and read the review, so here goes;
    1) yeah, here we go again. The doctor regenerates- in the tardis. The tardis takes damage. This time the doctor falls out and plummets to earth- how the heck does she survive a fall like that? You’d think after what happened when david tennant morphed into matt smith, s/he would’ve known better. Or is it a standard that the doctor has to regenerate inside the tardis?
    2) haven’t seen the episode, so i’m wondering if bill explains to the doctor what happened to her. And how could she restore the doctor’s memories of clara?
    3) rusty the good dalek- was this a one off appearance or will we see it again. Steven moffat sure liked to partially reform all the baddies, didn’t he?
    I’m looking forward to the new series, not so much for jodie whittaker, but for bradley smith. She only said one word, but if i didn’t have subtitles, i wouldn’t have known what it was. I hope ms. Whittakers accent isn’t going to be too much of a problem.
    Last edited by protege; 12-25-2017 at 09:17 PM.

Astonishing Member

My wish list for series 11.

1. New Theme - You really need a good theme arrangement that gets you hyped as soon as you hear it (Capaldi's didn't quite have that PUNCH that others have had in the past.)
    2. New Incidental Score - Really admire the work Murray Gold has achieved with Doctor Who since it came back. But after 10 years, we need a pair of fresh ears and ideas (like Dudley Simpson before him, Gold's scores have taken on a similar quality as time has gone on.)
    3. New Tardis Interior - Have had the same one since Christmas 2012. Time for something fresh. Smith should have kept the same throughout his tenure. Capaldi really should have got his own (I always thought he should have had one similar to the original.)
    4. Stories that carry some level of consequence - After 6 series of Fairy Tale level endings where "No one dies!" Has left me soured on the show, somewhat. Say what you like about classic Who, but atleast they had the guts to kill companions off. Travelling around time and space is great, but there should be a dark side to it. Especially given the threats the Doctor goes up against.
    5. New logo - Just because it helps solidify each eras "image."
    Last edited by Somecrazyaussie; 12-25-2017 at 06:49 PM.

Astonishing Member

6. No more pandering or pushing agendas - The Doctor is female now. Great. But don't draw attention to it each episode. Just carry on as normal. Bill started to grate on me after awhile because each episode drew attention to the fact she was gay. WE .GET. IT! I'm not gay, but I have friends who are that watch the show. Even they admitted to me that her mentioning it each episode was on the nose.
    Last edited by Somecrazyaussie; 12-25-2017 at 07:01 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    Hmmmm... i’ve seen the regeneration and read the review, so here goes;
    1) yeah, here we go again. The doctor regenerates- in the tardis. The tardis takes damage. This time the doctor falls out and plummets to earth- how the heck does she survive a fall like that? You’d think after what happened when david tennant morphed into matt smith, s/he would’ve known better. Or is it a standard that the doctor has to regenerate inside the tardis?
    2) haven’t seen the episode, so i’m wondering if bill explains to the doctor what happened to her. And how could dhe restore the doctor’s memories of clara?
    3) rusty the good dalek- was this a one off appearance or will we see it again. Steven moffat sure liked to partially reform all the baddies, didn’t he?
    I’m looking forward to the new series, not so much for jodie whittaker, but for bradley smith. She only said one word, but if i didn’t have subtitles, i wouldn’t have known what it was. I hope ms. Whittakers accent isn’t going to be too much of a problem.
    - I agree with the Regeneration. When Capaldi fell down i was like, "Please have him Regenerate laying down!" Only to be let down.
    - Bradley Walsh is a BIG reason I am looking foreward to series 11. Not fussed with the other two companions. They're not really needed.

BANNED

I always liked Matt Smiths opening theme, Capaldis seemed like a step backwards

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

"oh brilliant".

nuff said.

I wouldn't mind if the new theme was done by capaldi on guitar bit i doubt that will happen. The episode over all was kind of a dud. At least for me. I don't see any reason why he couldnt have died at the end of the season and have the Christmas special be his first episode. We haven't had that since remnant have we? Or was capaldi's first a whole year after Smith's last.
    Stick "we work together and we get out of here alive"

Matt "peace out suckas"

Really enjoyed that.
    They had me at David Bradley playing William Hartnell playing the first Doctor.

Bradley is 75, Hartnell was 55 when he first played the Doctor, but they look the same.
    I find that interesting for some reason.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    - I agree with the Regeneration. When Capaldi fell down i was like, "Please have him Regenerate laying down!" Only to be let down.
    - Bradley Walsh is a BIG reason I am looking foreward to series 11. Not fussed with the other two companions. They're not really needed.
    Did i say smith? I meant walsh- lol. Must still be confusing doctor who with dr. Smith.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Better put this in spoilers:

spoilers:
    Loved the beginning when it said 709 episodes ago and then recounted the first Doctor's story from the Tenth Planet

The time standing still scenes were cool.

I laughed out loud at The First Doctor's reaction to the 12th Doctor's Tardis was funny--"It's hideous!" and "I am younger!" Ha!

I was geeking out when they showed the First Doctor glimpses of his future---his future selves and companions. So awesome!

The time vortex looked really cool when they flew through it with the First Doctor's Tardis. I've never seen it look like that before. Very cool special effect.

Hey look! It's Rusty!

So that WWI battle took place on the day of the Christmas Armistice. How neat!

CLARA!! YES!

So no one would understand his name even if they heard it, except children, if their hearts are in the right place? What the heck does that mean?

Does the Doctor never learn? NEVER regenerate inside the Tardis!

Well, of course they would end it like that. Now we only have to wait, oh........seven months or so. Grrrr!

I liked this story, and it was nice to see Jodie in it finally. Some very funny moments and cool scenes. "Time to leave the battlefield". Well played Mr. Moffat.

Bradley did Hartnell so well. It was like he was alive again. So amazing!

But there are also some things that I didn't like:
    -The Testimony having Bill's memories doesn't make sense. Bill didn't "die". She was transformed into sentient oil or whatever. So how did the the Testimony get her memories?
    -The fact that the 12th Doctor thought Rusty's database would have more information than Gallifrey's. That's just plain silly. And it seemed out of place for an episode like this.
    -Someone spoiled it for me and said that some of his companions would be appearing in this episode, including Rose. That had me pumped! But outside of Clara, Bill and Nardole, the companions (like Rose) didn't really return for this episode. They only appeared in those flashback scenes from his memory. So I felt a little cheated.
    -I was starting to get depressed watching this because of the 12th Doctor's cynicism about not regenerating until they revealed that the WWI battle took place on Christmas Armistice and the soldiers didn't die, but rather started to sing carols and play soccer. I was hoping for a more cheery Christmas special like we've learned to expect in the past, but this one was depressing until the last 25-30 minutes.

Those quibbles aside, it was still a good episode. I think my expectations for it were probably too high. Plus, I was REALLY looking forward to Billie Piper appearing in it and when she didn't, that was a big letdown. Anyway, I hope Jodi's run is as great as all of the other's were. Here's to another 50 years of Doctor Who!!
    end of spoilers
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor