Page 288 of 582 FirstFirst ... 188238278284285286287288289290291292298338388 ... LastLast
Results 4,306 to 4,320 of 8716

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    I completely agree with this
    I have a theory in Enemy of the World the 2nd Doctor meets his double Salamander a man who in 2018 came to power thanks to a famine caused by a environmental disaster and he took over the United Zones Organization. But here we are and not in that world well later in Inferno the Government was drilling to the Earth's crust for energy then the 3rd Doctor traveled to a parallel fascist Earth and saw the horrible effects the project will have on the Earth and stops it when he gets home. So it's possible that by stopping the drilling the Doctor could had stopped the events which lead to the environmental disasters in Enemy of the World and he stopped that future he once visited from coming to be.

The regeneration=Death thing goes back at least to the TV movie (Which New Who took a few things from, such as the Doctor being a more romantic lead), especially during the scene when Grace is examining the Doctor.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    The regeneration=Death thing goes back at least to the TV movie (Which New Who took a few things from, such as the Doctor being a more romantic lead), especially during the scene when Grace is examining the Doctor.
    Ask Lawrence Miles and he'll tell you that the new series "borrowed" much more than that from Eighth Doctor media lol.

Yeah, a good chunk of the TV series has borrowed quite a bit from the novels, comics and audio line; "Dalek" "Blink" "Human Nature" "The Lodger" etc. for example, are adapted pretty much by their writers; and Gallifrey and the time lords being destroyed was also something present in the Eighth Doctor novels. Kate Stewart is a character that likewise made her debut in the novels and the spin-off films like Downtime.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Jenny might be returning, which is great news. At least I think so. I always wanted her to make another appearance or two. Here's more on it:

http://wegotthiscovered.com/tv/docto...-exit-annoyed/
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

There's also some Rose possiblity I guess, due to Billie Piper's social media posts seeming to hint at a 'big announcement' with a Rose emoji.

Although I hope they don't go too overboard with earlier WHO references, although this is the guy who brought a major WHO enemy into Torchwood (Cyberwoman) and brought back the Silurians too....and it would be interesting to see how some former characters react to the new Doctor (Jack would be interesting). I actually wouldn't mind a Missy/13 meeting, although given Missy's apparent demise this might not happen. Then again, this is a woman who we thought was disintegrated twice already (Not to mention the many, many other times the Master has "Died"), and it's certainly possible that despite what her former self said, it's possible she could still regenerate I suppose (Maybe into another woman).

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    There's also some Rose possiblity I guess, due to Billie Piper's social media posts seeming to hint at a 'big announcement' with a Rose emoji.
    This would be AWESOME!
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

No no no Not Rose not the evil one not her return please.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    No no no Not Rose not the evil one not her return please.
    Meh. She can come back as long as Tennant doesn't also. I rather liked Rose when she wasn't with Ten. Ten and Rose together though... *shivers*

https://www.newsarama.com/38406-line...ntroduced.html.

New comic news for anyone else who cares. Titan Comics's Dr. Who comics line are getting a relaunch along with a 13th doctor comic which I'm worried about. 12's took a while to find his footing and 13 might suffer the same problem.

On the Rose speculation, meh as I never got the hype for her. I rather have Martha and Mickey make a return.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 02-07-2018 at 04:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    https://www.newsarama.com/38406-line...ntroduced.html.

New comic news for anyone else who cares. Titan Comics's Dr. Who comics line are getting a relaunch along with a 13th doctor comic which I'm worried about. 12's took a while to find his footing and 13 might suffer the same problem.

On the Rose speculation, meh as I never got the hype for her. I rather have Martha and Mickey make a return.

This is GREAT news! I would love to see Rose and the 2nd 10th Doctor return, along with Martha and Donna, and Bill! And, if the Pond-Williams' can be rescued too, that would be great!

BANNED

The 2nd 10th Doctor?

How many 10th Doctors were there?

I think Karen Gillan has grown a bit beyond the show's budget.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    The 2nd 10th Doctor?

How many 10th Doctors were there?

I think Karen Gillan has grown a bit beyond the show's budget.
    we are referring the tenth doctor duplicate that regerenated from his chopped off hand in Journey's end. The Metacrisis doctor.

tbh I love Donna but I don't think i want her too return. Maybe Gwen from Torchwood or Captain jack himself? I feel like him and 12th should have hung out just to lampshade Capaldi's role as John Frobisher in Children of Earth.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    we are referring the tenth doctor duplicate that regerenated from his chopped off hand in Journey's end. The Metacrisis doctor.
    Good god, no, no way, kill it with fire.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Fuck no on Rose , her story ended ...we don't need to see that ever referenced again.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.