Page 292 of 581 FirstFirst ... 192242282288289290291292293294295296302342392 ... LastLast
Results 4,366 to 4,380 of 8715

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Its 40 episodes basically. 3 hours of bonus content. And yeah its priced reasonable compared to the Matt Smith collection. Dear lord they want nearly $200 bucks for it on there. ($193+)
    Actually, that's not too bad considering It's been out for awhile. And, nowhere near as outrageous as The Complete David Tennant Collection for $400 ...

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KoriandrJean View Post
    Actually, that's not too bad considering It's been out for awhile. And, nowhere near as outrageous as The Complete David Tennant Collection for $400 ...
    Wow...that is insane crazy. I'll just watch episodes on youtube or Dailymotion I guess.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Astonishing Member

We are getting a new Doctor Who mini-series from Titan. This one featuring the Seventh Doctor and Ace. It will be written by Andrew Cartmel and Ben Aaronovitch. In addition to that, it will also feature a backup strip written by Richard Dinnick with art by Jessica Martin. If her name sounds familiar to you, it is because she played Mags in The Greatest Show In The Galaxy.

Here is the link: https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/02...doctor-comics/

The 7th Doctor is the best Doctor.
    Ace is the best companion.
    The two are clearly the best Doctor/Companion team.

This should be brilliant.
    "Let me guess. My theories appall you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters, and you don't like my tie!"
    @Matt_of_Geek
    Now writing at The Atomic Junk Shop

CBR Community Standards and Rules

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post

Ace was awesome. The 7th Doctor was good in some parts and not so much in others.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

The 7th Doctor, honestly, is weird. He had some of the worst Who stories (Time and the Rani, Delta and the Bannermen) and the best (Remembrance of the Daleks, Battlefield, Ghost Light).
    "Let me guess. My theories appall you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters, and you don't like my tie!"
    @Matt_of_Geek
    Now writing at The Atomic Junk Shop

CBR Community Standards and Rules

I personally loved the 2nd Doctor and Jamie . They were more good friends onscreen who had a fun connection. But my favorite was Sarah-Jane and the 4th Doctor. They had a nice chemistry there and I kinda wish she had gotten to go to Galifrey with that Doctor for an adventure.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    I personally loved the 2nd Doctor and Jamie . They were more good friends onscreen who had a fun connection. But my favorite was Sarah-Jane and the 4th Doctor. They had a nice chemistry there and I kinda wish she had gotten to go to Galifrey with that Doctor for an adventure.
    Apart from the 7th, I am also holding out for a 2nd Doctor mini-series. Preferably with Jaime and Victoria. What would be even better, is that once they do get around to doing one, they do it in black and white.

Jaime and the 2nd Doctor are up the top of best TARDIS teams. My other top picks are 7th/Ace, 3rd/Jo and 4th/Sarah Jane.

Astonishing Member

I think Tenth Doctor and Donna are the best Doctor/Companion team on TV. They are proper mates rollicking around the universe together. They made each other better people and I felt were able to read the other (or at least Donna was able to read the Tenth Doctor better than Rose or Martha did). At the end of Forest of the Dead when the Doctor was sad about River, Donna knew how he felt because she felt the same way about Lee, but rather than talking about it they sat together in silence. That is the moment of their partnership for me.

On audio the Sixth Doctor and Evelyn are amazing. She doesn't put up with any of his ego trips, but has the experience to be his heart and intellectual equal. Evelyn is compassionate, and while it breaks her heart (in some stories what she goes through will want to make you cry) you want more of her. When the Doctor gets snarky she can dish out more than he gives. I'm fond of the Eighth Doctor and Liv as well. They're equals, she's got baggage but doesn't let it interfere with relations or the situation at hand. She'll call out the Doctor when she feels he needs it, but only when there's an appropriate point to do it at. They both have a good time together, learning from each other and letting go of past traumas.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jbmasta View Post
    I think Tenth Doctor and Donna are the best Doctor/Companion team on TV. They are proper mates rollicking around the universe together.
    Only if you stop watching before the series 4 finale.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Which makes the tragedy of Donna's fate all the worse because she's had to sacrifice everything that made her better. The other companions got happy endings. Rose got the Meta Crisis Doctor, her mother and the Parallel Pete. Martha stayed with her family and married Mickey (and before then she was engaged to Tom Milligan).

At least Donna did get a happy ending but she's lost the Doctor and her memories of their travels. It opened Sylvia up to how awfully she'd treated Donna, and in End of Time they've got a great relationship. Heck, Donna finally gets married to Mr Right and its in the real world (poor Lee), along with a lottery jackpot to help their financial situation.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jbmasta View Post
    Which makes the tragedy of Donna's fate all the worse because she's had to sacrifice everything that made her better. The other companions got happy endings. Rose got the Meta Crisis Doctor, her mother and the Parallel Pete. Martha stayed with her family and married Mickey (and before then she was engaged to Tom Milligan).

At least Donna did get a happy ending but she's lost the Doctor and her memories of their travels. It opened Sylvia up to how awfully she'd treated Donna, and in End of Time they've got a great relationship. Heck, Donna finally gets married to Mr Right and its in the real world (poor Lee), along with a lottery jackpot to help their financial situation.
    Agreed. I hated the memory wipe. It would be cool to see the Doctor figure out a way to give Donna her memories back without dying, and see her make a two episode guest appearance.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    Agreed. I hated the memory wipe. It would be cool to see the Doctor figure out a way to give Donna her memories back without dying, and see her make a two episode guest appearance.
    Couldn't the Mire Repair Kit help Donna?

Honestly with them recasting the 1st Doctor as we saw in the Christmas episode. Part of me would like to see them do a 2nd Doctor story at some point with the cosmic hobo. Find someone who can look some like Troughton and see what happens.