Page 293 of 582 FirstFirst ... 193243283289290291292293294295296297303343393 ... LastLast
Results 4,381 to 4,395 of 8717

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    Agreed. I hated the memory wipe. It would be cool to see the Doctor figure out a way to give Donna her memories back without dying, and see her make a two episode guest appearance.
    ^THIS!^ 100%!

Especially since Dalek Caan's prediction of one of "The Children of Time" dying was fulfilled by the Tenth Doctor himself.

Maybe the Thirteenth Doctor will be able to set this right? After all, even the Twelfth Doctor finally realized how wrong it was to steal someone's memories, even if it would seem to be beneficial...

I love Donna but I want Jamie to get his memories back first like a scene where the Doctor visits a dying Jamie and the Time Lords allow him to give him his memories back at the end of his life.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    I love Donna but I want Jamie to get his memories back first like a scene where the Doctor visits a dying Jamie and the Time Lords allow him to give him his memories back at the end of his life.
    For some reason going forward, I don't think the Time Lords are going to be relevant any more, considering that, thanks to Rassilon's torture of the Doctor - and all that it lead to, the Doctor no longer has any ties to Gallifrey. More importantly, New Earth time-travel tech seems to have surpassed Gallifrey's, especially in reversing that memory wipe of Clara from the Twelfth Doctor ...

EDIT: I'd like Zoe to get her memories back, too.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

So I saw a trailer for CLASS and can see why it failed basically. It was like Doctor Who meets the X-Men in a sense. I can see where the BBC thought , ya know what is really popular right now ? Young kid superheroes like the X-Men. So why not create a show with The Doctor having that aspect in a way. As one guy discussed in a video , the show couldn't decide what it wanted to be. One moment it was dark the next it would shift to Sarah Jane Adventures light.

Honestly , the BBC could do a spin-off and call it COMPANIONS .

My premise...

- The Rani returns and tries to use Donna to hurt the Doctor. Who shocks her by being a woman now. As she tells Donna , "I underwent a few changes since ya saw me. I played electric guitar !" Anyhow the Rani restores Donna's memories and as the Doctor explains at the end Donna now has Time Lord knowledge. So she'll be on the run from them and can't go back to Earth. Cause they'll want to remove her from time line. So she hands Donna the Rani's , Tardis. "Its time for you to take the next step. Your own adventures...anytime...any place."

Donna of course needs a team around her to help her so the Doctor helps her recruit a number of old ...Companions. (It means recasting some classic Companions)

Ian Chesterton - Due to his exposure in a Doctor serial , Ian hasn't aged much. His wife Barbara died in a car accident after years of them living together and he's at a sad point. The 13th Doctor brings up their old history and he doesn't believe this woman is the Doctor. But once she brings up past things and takes a tour of the Tardis he realizes the Doctor has changed. Chesterton doesn't want to do this at 1st , but realizes he kinda needs the adventure.

Zoe Heriot - Seconds after being dropped off by the 2nd Doctor , we see the B & W scene in War Games , the screen suddenly changes to color as the new Doctor emerges and regains her memories like Donna. She too is stunned by realizes this is her Doctor she just left. Now a woman who tells her she's gonna have more adventures. Zoe goes along fast.

Sergeant Benton - Benton is retired as a car salesman and bored. The Doctor knows that Donna needs someone who has combat experience in her travels and while he can't take the Brigadier , he knows Benton has a future that is wide open for this. Donna questions this since the Doctor never really seemed to get along with UNIT later , but as she explains ...then it was different and Benton's a good man.

Ace - Ace is in jail at the time for car theft and seems intent on wasting her life. She is a couple years older than when we last saw her and the Doctor arrives. Not so happy to see the Doctor since Ace claims that she felt abandoned. The Doctor explains that things were getting more violent , as she admits that blowing up Skaro seemed to touch off the future Time War and that she traveled alone since death followed .

To make good with Ace , the Doctor wants her to live up to the potential he saw. She goes along with the group and disappears from the jail.

So the team is basically all the classic companions in a sense. I skip the big ones like Jo and Sarah Jane. They had their stories told. They don't need to be brought back and it would be wrong to do that with Sladen's "Sarah Jane" who had a good ending. I also skip over the 5th doctor companions since well...no one is demanding Tegan and Adric's return. Plus that death of him was a huge moment in Who I feel.

The show would basically have Donna struggle with being a bit of a Time Lord and having all that. All while staying one step ahead of the Rani who now is instructed by Time Lords to bring Donna in. She becomes the Lt. Gerard character who chases in some stories this new renegade Time Lord. All the while you have these radically different folks all having to get along as a new team.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by jbmasta View Post
    Which makes the tragedy of Donna's fate all the worse because she's had to sacrifice everything that made her better. The other companions got happy endings. Rose got the Meta Crisis Doctor, her mother and the Parallel Pete. Martha stayed with her family and married Mickey (and before then she was engaged to Tom Milligan).

At least Donna did get a happy ending but she's lost the Doctor and her memories of their travels. It opened Sylvia up to how awfully she'd treated Donna, and in End of Time they've got a great relationship. Heck, Donna finally gets married to Mr Right and its in the real world (poor Lee), along with a lottery jackpot to help their financial situation.
    Katarina and Sara Kingdom didn't get happy endings lol.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    They did that in a companion chronicle called The Glorious Revolution. The Time Lords didn't wipe Jaime or Zoe's memories. They just put a block on them. An agent with the celestial intervention agency tracked Jaime down decades after he was returned to his moment in time by the Time Lords. He was seeking a repressed memory of an adventure Jaime shared with The Doctor . At the conclusion, he was given a choice to keep his returned memories. An offer he refused.

The block on Zoe wasn't as strong and she sought treatment for recurring nightmares that were, in fact, her blocked memories slipping through the cracks in her mind.

"Two Doctors" had a visibly older Jaime who has knowledge of the time lords, and a Doctor who also looks older and is not really afraid of them, just often annoyed like the later incarnations.

This has created a sort of fan theory (utilized in some of the WHO EU as well), that the Doctor's regeneration was delayed by a group of time lords who wanted him to do jobs on their behalf (as he would later do in the third and fourth Doctor eras), and they allowed him to restore Jaime's memory, and possibly bring back Victoria as well (as in Two Doctors they say she's studying Geography but they'll be back for her). Eventually though, the other time lords caught up with him, and then "Spearhead from Space".

Or I suppose one could argue that the Troughton in the serial actually might be a future Doctor, kind of like the curator, who decided to become "an old favorite" and also bring back Jaime and use the Fourth Doctor's "desktop theme" for some reason. Could explain why the Sixth Doctor didn't remember Dastari's betrayal and all that; but it doesn't explain how the Sixth Doctor was feeling the ripple effect of the second temporarily becoming an Androgum.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Retired

I like the theory that the Second Doctor got to do a lot more adventuring with Jamie (and maybe Victoria). It doesn't need to be official, but it allows our favourite Doctor to have a second life. And I guess it makes the Time Lords not so bad, either.

As for them looking older in "Two Doctors" that must be some temporal effect of crossing timelines with the Sixth Doctor.

Would it really affect Jaime though? With the other older companions in the Five Doctors it made sense because Sarah Jane and the Brig were pretty much in their 'present' incarnations (Sarah Jane shortly after K-9 and company and after Mawdryn Undead for the Brig, although he's grown back his mustache, and I'm guessing Susan was at some point later in her life after the Dalek invasion...and of course those Jaime and Zoe weren't real.)

Weird thing is the Second Doctor also said to the Jaime and Zoe phantoms that the way he figured out they weren't real is that they knew him despite their erased memories. But he pretty much regenerated just a few moments afterwards.... (Unless he's getting some sort of mental 'bleed' from the third or the fifth somehow)also sort of supports the gap theory. Maybe the Five Doctors thing made him want to seek out the real Jaime.

Jaime was also scheduled to show up in the Three Doctors but I think Frazier Hines was busy with Emmerdale.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    "Two Doctors" had a visibly older Jaime who has knowledge of the time lords, and a Doctor who also looks older and is not really afraid of them, just often annoyed like the later incarnations.

This has created a sort of fan theory (utilized in some of the WHO EU as well), that the Doctor's regeneration was delayed by a group of time lords who wanted him to do jobs on their behalf (as he would later do in the third and fourth Doctor eras), and they allowed him to restore Jaime's memory, and possibly bring back Victoria as well (as in Two Doctors they say she's studying Geography but they'll be back for her). Eventually though, the other time lords caught up with him, and then "Spearhead from Space".

Or I suppose one could argue that the Troughton in the serial actually might be a future Doctor, kind of like the curator, who decided to become "an old favorite" and also bring back Jaime and use the Fourth Doctor's "desktop theme" for some reason. Could explain why the Sixth Doctor didn't remember Dastari's betrayal and all that; but it doesn't explain how the Sixth Doctor was feeling the ripple effect of the second temporarily becoming an Androgum.
    I like the season 6B theory. However, it has become harder to reconcile the events of The Two Doctors with that. The Early Adventure release The Black Hole has the Doctor dropping Victoria off to attend to her studies while he and Jaime go on a mission for the Time Lords. Their minds are wiped upon its conclusion. So it offers up an alternative account of those events. Which just muddies the water further. Especially when you take into account the BBC novel World Game.

Retired

I figure that because Jamie stayed with the Doctor longer than most Companions, he got some temporal energy from the TARDIS.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

The Big Finish Audios have done some great stuff with Jamie so if you like the character I would check it out. Currently listening to the Six and Jamie quadrilogy myself.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Is there a listening order for all of the different BF audiobooks? I'm jut making my way through the main series, but I'm uneasy about when to tie in the rest as without missing/spoiling things.
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”