Page 3 of 578 FirstFirst 12345671353103503 ... LastLast
    All-New Member

The Fifth Doctor was my Doctor, favourite companion though was Sarah Jane. Loved the show since I was old enough to watch TV. Have met a few of the actors including Karen, Arthur and Alex, no Doctors though

While not strictly Doctor Who news, I figure this thread might be interested to learn that Matt Smith has landed a major role in the new "Terminator" film. (link)

Join me and the rest of the world in saying, "Wait, what?"

Astonishing Member Enigmatic Undead's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RockyBanks View Post
    While not strictly Doctor Who news, I figure this thread might be interested to learn that Matt Smith has landed a major role in the new "Terminator" film. (link)

I enjoyed Salvation so I'm kind of geeked about Terminator Genesis.
    "It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

BANNED

I can't wait to see behind the scenes stuff for this.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Alvarez View Post
    Heck Moffat even wrote large gaps with Smiths timeline just for that.
    I really appreciated that, as one who likes comics/novels/video games/etc. set in universes like Doctor Who, Star Trek and such.

Last edited by dupersuper; 05-05-2014 at 09:57 AM.

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

Matt Smith in Terminator?
    Fighting evil robots. You'd think he'd go for something different.

Edit: Oh, please let some group like HISHE take this and run with it!
    Last edited by Kyer; 05-03-2014 at 07:07 AM.
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

Quote Originally Posted by Kyer View Post
    Matt Smith in Terminator?
    Fighting evil robots. You'd think he'd go for something different.

Edit: Oh, please let some group like HISHE take this and run with it!
    I am so psyched about that casting. I've missed Smith on Doctor Who and I can't wait to see what he does in Terminator.
    "In any time, there will always be a need for heroes." - the Time Trapper, Legion of Superheroes #61(1994)

"What can I say? I guess I outgrew maturity.." - Bob Chipman

For a new topic of discussion in this thread, what is everyone's favorite BAD Doctor Who episode? What episode is so cheesy or badly scripted, but you loved anyway? For me, it would have to be The Idiot's Lantern.
    "In any time, there will always be a need for heroes." - the Time Trapper, Legion of Superheroes #61(1994)

Astonishing Member Enigmatic Undead's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by !Pharozonk! View Post
    For a new topic of discussion in this thread, what is everyone's favorite BAD Doctor Who episode? What episode is so cheesy or badly scripted, but you loved anyway?
    I've definitely warmed up to "Love & Monsters". Mostly because they jam out to Electric Light Orchestra. Marc Warren is decent as Elton. Plus it has a pretty cool looking monster (no not the Abzorbaloff). At the beginning of the episode Rose and The Doctor are chasing a Hoix.

"It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

For a new topic of discussion in this thread, what is everyone's favorite BAD Doctor Who episode? What episode is so cheesy or badly scripted, but you loved anyway? For me, it would have to be The Idiot's Lantern.
    For me that's a tough call, basically cos if I enjoyed an episode/story, then I don't think it's bad!

That said, I've usually been quite good at guessing what the general fan consensus would be for an episode. Love and Monsters, for example; I think it's a great story, but even as I saw it for the first time, I figured it would an episode that divided opinion. The one time I've been genuinely surprised by reaction to an episode has to be The Rings of Akhaten. I honestly came away from that episode expecting everybody to be hailing it as a classic! So whilst I don't think it's bad at all, I guess it qualifies as my favourite episode which a lot of fans think is bad!

Retired

I like both Love and Monsters and The Rings of Akhaten--Love and Monsters maybe a little bit more. To the extent that there's no pleasing everyone all the time, I can accept that some folks might not like these episodes for whatever reason, but I really don't understand why Love and Monsters especially is singled out by so many for criticism, when it's clearly not trying to be anything but a harmless bit of fun. Is there no room for that in DOCTOR WHO?

In fact, I'd say that I like Love and Monsters better on repeated viewings, because the bits that were off-putting the second time around are no longer a surprise, so I can just enjoy all the bits that I really like. The Rings of Akhaten, conversely, might not be as interesting on repeated viewings--because the delight was in all the little easter eggs that that episode contains--so once you know the surprises, you're left with the story which is a bit thin in terms of plot, I'll admit. But it was never about the story--it was about taking Clara on an adventure and dropping clues to who she was as well as (for her character) dropping clues to who the Doctor might be.

BANNED

Classic Who:

Invasion of the Dinosaurs (Season 11)
    Trial of a Time Lord (Season 23)

NuWho:

There are too many to list. lol

Is anyone else missing Rory? He was probably my favorite companion from the new series.

BANNED

Is anyone else missing Rory? He was probably my favorite companion from the new series.
    Yeah, when he wasn't being treated like dirt, he was being pretty damn awesome.
    I'd like to have seen some solo adventures with him and the Doctor... and his dad.

Quote Originally Posted by Alvarez View Post
    Classic Who:

Invasion of the Dinosaurs (Season 11)
    Trial of a Time Lord (Season 23)
    Ah, if we're talking Classic Who, then pretty much all of it. But that was kind of the point, wasn't it.