Page 301 of 581 FirstFirst ... 201251291297298299300301302303304305311351401 ... LastLast
Results 4,501 to 4,515 of 8710
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Yeah-the reason "Revenge" was chosen as the first was because the fans wanted Earthshock I think, but it was too soon from it's airdate, so they got "Revenge" instead because Cybermen (and I'm pretty sure at that time it was the only other intact Cybermen story, as "Tomb" was still missing). I remember the 90's released tapes in particular having some great painted artwork (I think by one of the artists who also did some novel work).
    Really? I heard they voted for Tomb. Which is why Revenge got picked. Although, I wonder if Earthshock was even open to voting. Revenge isn't exactly the best Cybermen story from the classic run. Actually, I am surprised a Cybermen story came out on top. I mean, you'd think they would have gone with a Dalek one.

As to the artwork for the VHS releases, I have to agree. Some of them are absolutely gorgeous. Planet of the Spiders is my favourite.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

So Tom Baker's first season as the Doctor is getting not only a full collection, but an HD treatment as well.

http://www.doctorwhonews.net/2018/03...n-blu-ray.html

It's a bit odd I think, since Tom's first season I think is one of the seasons most reliant on video (Along with "Key to Time" and everything from 23-onward) instead of film, apart from the exterior shots in "Genesis" and the cave footage in "Revenge". Unless they're using something similar to the Eccleston and Tennant seasons, which were still video but given a "film filter" or something like that. (Not sure Who restoration purists would be thrilled with that...)
    I wonder when this will be available in the USA?
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    I wonder when this will be available in the USA?
    June 26th , 2018....its in the article.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    June 26th , 2018....its in the article.
    Thanks, I missed that.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Astonishing Member

I really hope that the Blu-ray releases aren't just the DVD remastered episodes run through a film filter. Most of the season 12 releases are over a decade old. If technology has progressed between the original release of Enemy and the newly remastered edition, imagine the leaps and bounds some of those season 12 stories would receive.

When it comes time for another season to see a Blu-ray release, then I hope it is season 7.

BANNED

Bradley Walsh's character will be married, Sharon D Clarke confirmed on BBC Radio she is playing Graham's wife Mary.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Bradley Walsh's character will be married, Sharon D Clarke confirmed on BBC Radio she is playing Graham's wife Mary.
    Cool! It would be great to have another married couple traveling on the TARDIS!

Hopefully without the jealousy angle, which came up with 9/Mickey/Rose and then kind of showed up again with 12/Danny/Clara (It was kind of inverted with Amy/Rory/11, as the Doctor was fully supportive of their relationship and brushed off Amy's flirting repeatedly)
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by KoriandrJean View Post
    Cool! It would be great to have another married couple traveling on the TARDIS!
    I think she said she wouldn’t be part of the tardis crew, and there would be some conflict about her family(?) travelling with the doctor. Sort of like when martha travelled with him and her mother didn’t approve.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Thank goodness that never happened. I always hated it when he was slinging his guitar around. This is DW, not Guitar Stars.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Hopefully without the jealousy angle, which came up with 9/Mickey/Rose and then kind of showed up again with 12/Danny/Clara (It was kind of inverted with Amy/Rory/11, as the Doctor was fully supportive of their relationship and brushed off Amy's flirting repeatedly)
    She did mickey dirty and i will always despise her for that

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    Thank goodness that never happened. I always hated it when he was slinging his guitar around. This is DW, not Guitar Stars.
    The guitar playing was someof his best stuff.
    Stick "we work together and we get out of here alive"

Matt "peace out suckas"

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    She did mickey dirty and i will always despise her for that
    How? She told Mickey how she felt and he knew when she made his choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Qwerty View Post
    I disagree. But hey, if you like that stuff, then that's what counts.

Quote Originally Posted by Qwerty View Post
    Reminded me of 2 with his recorder.