Page 303 of 582 FirstFirst ... 203253293299300301302303304305306307313353403 ... LastLast
Results 4,531 to 4,545 of 8716

Quote Originally Posted by Qwerty View Post
    Bought the complete Matt Smith Blu Ray Collection to go with my Complete Peter Capaldi Blu Rays and my complete David Tennant Dvds
    I devoted my 2017 tax refund to get David's, Matt's, and Peter's complete collections.

Alas, Christopher's is TBD later ... .

Quote Originally Posted by KoriandrJean View Post
    I devoted my 2017 tax refund to get David's, Matt's, and Peter's complete collections.

Nice. That's a hefty sum all at once.
    Stick "we work together and we get out of here alive"

Matt "peace out suckas"

Quote Originally Posted by Qwerty View Post
    Nice. That's a hefty sum all at once.
    For real; tell me about it!

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KoriandrJean View Post

Money well spent!
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Today is the last day of the 99c sale at Big Finish.

I lost all of my Eighth Doctor tales (I had Storm Warning to The Next Life) a while ago thanks to my Maxtor hard drive failing. So I used this opportunity to buy some of those again.

So here's what I got:

Eighth Doctor:
    Storm Warning
    Sword of Orion
    The Stones of Venice
    Minuet in Hell
    Seasons of Fear
    Neverland
    Zagreus
    Blood of the Daleks parts 1 and 2
    Immortal Beloved
    Human Resources parts 1 and 2.

Fifth Doctor:
    Red Dawn

Sixth Doctor:
    Davros

Seventh Doctor:
    The Genocide Machine
    Dust Breeding

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

Target.com is having a 20% off sale on dvds.... including the preorder Tom Baker's first season in Blu-Ray.

I'm trying to remember if any of his first season stories were any good. (Did not personally care for Genesis of the Daleks.) Second season had really good ones, though.

BBC site lists the episodes and... eh. I'll hold out for the next three.
    Last edited by Kyer; 05-02-2018 at 01:24 PM.
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Big Finish just announced a bit of a shocker with Series 5 of Diary of River Song in Jan 2019, she'll be taking on FOUR incarnations of the Master! Geoffrey Beveers and Derek Jacobi return to voice their respective Masters again but also for the first time in a Big Finish production, both Eric Roberts and Michelle Gomez are reprising their respective Masters/Missy on audio! Before that River will be having some adventures with the Fourth Doctor in Series 4, out in August (which will mean she's crossed paths with all of the core Big Finish Doctors).

https://www.bigfinish.com/news/v/river-song-5

EDIT: It just occurs to me that with Missy in a production that would mean Big Finish finally will have access to 12th Doctor content in 2019, which is awesome.
    Last edited by Derek Metaltron; 05-03-2018 at 04:00 AM.

So there's going to be a theatrical run of Genesis of the Daleks (although an edited 90-minute version). Kind of curious how that'll work out given that I'm pretty sure previous Doctor Who theatrical presentations have been all 2005-onward material, the story itself is pretty much 'fullscreen' and a lot of it's shot on video.....
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

Oh, a 'movie' theatrical run.
    (Whenever I read 'theatrical run' I think live theater. Which could be kind of fun, now that I think of it..... Genesis of the Daleks: A Musical! I want to hear singing daleks. Maybe one doing German opera. )
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

It's actually kind of happened a few times. "Curse of the Daleks" was a 1965 play, a Dalek story without the Doctor (a bit like "Mission to the Unknown"). Then "Seven keys to doomsday" which featured Karn a few years before "Brain of Morbius" did (and featured a noncanonical fourth Doctor played by Trevor Martin-one of the time lords in War Games, as well as Zoe actress Wendy Padbury playing a companion)

The most ambitious one I think-at least as far as the classic series is concerned, was the Ultimate Adventure from '89, which had Jon Pertwee at first but later had Colin Baker and then another Doctor played by David Banks (The Cyberleader in the 80's). It actually did have singing in it, although the Daleks didn't sing. From the footage I've seen, it's a bit odd, sort of having a lot of the campier aspects of the Sylvestor McCoy era mixed in. The creature companion even looks like a mix between a Tetrap from Time and the Rani and Fifi from Happiness Patrol.

I think there's been a few based on the new series but they're mainly just things with pre-recorded video at some of the exhibits I think, or fan productions.
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 05-03-2018 at 01:19 PM.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by kyer View Post
    oh, a 'movie' theatrical run.
    (whenever i read 'theatrical run' i think live theater. Which could be kind of fun, now that i think of it..... Genesis of the daleks: A musical! I want to hear singing daleks. Maybe one doing german opera. )
    Daleks in rehearsal:

ENUNCIATE! ENUNCIATE! EEE-NUN-SEE-AAAAATE!!!

Just since I happen to know the story about it, David Banks being the Doctor actually happened because of a performance one night on the Ultimate Adventure where Jon had to stop the performance half way through because he was feeling really unwell, so David agreed to swap from playing one of the supporting villains to playing an original Doctor for a couple of performances until Jon was better. Big Finish have adapted all three of the classic Doctor Who plays for audio.

But Ultimate Adventure had a team up between the Daleks and the Cybermen and the Doctor having a French Aristocrat and a nightclub singer for companions and Margaret Thacther turning up... as you do.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    Just since I happen to know the story about it, David Banks being the Doctor actually happened because of a performance one night on the Ultimate Adventure where Jon had to stop the performance half way through because he was feeling really unwell, so David agreed to swap from playing one of the supporting villains to playing an original Doctor for a couple of performances until Jon was better. Big Finish have adapted all three of the classic Doctor Who plays for audio.

But Ultimate Adventure had a team up between the Daleks and the Cybermen and the Doctor having a French Aristocrat and a nightclub singer for companions and Margaret Thacther turning up... as you do.
    Plus the 80’s Cybermen are back in a few months with Big Finish in a Colin Baker story called Hour of the Cybermen.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    Big Finish just announced a bit of a shocker with Series 5 of Diary of River Song in Jan 2019, she'll be taking on FOUR incarnations of the Master! Geoffrey Beveers and Derek Jacobi return to voice their respective Masters again but also for the first time in a Big Finish production, both Eric Roberts and Michelle Gomez are reprising their respective Masters/Missy on audio! Before that River will be having some adventures with the Fourth Doctor in Series 4, out in August (which will mean she's crossed paths with all of the core Big Finish Doctors).

https://www.bigfinish.com/news/v/river-song-5

EDIT: It just occurs to me that with Missy in a production that would mean Big Finish finally will have access to 12th Doctor content in 2019, which is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by jbmasta View Post
    Plus the 80’s Cybermen are back in a few months with Big Finish in a Colin Baker story called Hour of the Cybermen.
    ...I just love Big Finish. *wipes tear*

I do want to add...buying the ones I did for the 99c sale...the Eighth Doctor ones were easy. But I have no emotional tie to anyone pre-revival except the Eighth Doctor so I had to choose the titles based on villains alone. If I had to rank them, I'd say 1) Cyber-Men, 2) Davros (the Daleks minus Davros are hit or miss for me), 3) Master. I kinda want to watch the serials for Doctors 1-7 in order but $$$ plus kinda hard to find.

Quote Originally Posted by jbmasta View Post
    Excellent.