Page 304 of 582 FirstFirst ... 204254294300301302303304305306307308314354404 ... LastLast
Results 4,546 to 4,560 of 8717

Looks like they have the Silver Nemesis style ships according to the cover.

The Sixth Doctor faced 80's style Cybermen (well, at least going by the cover) in the Reaping, which also dealt with Peri reuniting with her mother (Claudia Christian). Although they sounded more like the new series Cybermen (Probably because Nicholas Briggs was doing the voices).
    http://tardis.wikia.com/wiki/The_Reaping_(audio_story)
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    ...I just love Big Finish. *wipes tear*

I do want to add...buying the ones I did for the 99c sale...the Eighth Doctor ones were easy. But I have no emotional tie to anyone pre-revival except the Eighth Doctor so I had to choose the titles based on villains alone. If I had to rank them, I'd say 1) Cyber-Men, 2) Davros (the Daleks minus Davros are hit or miss for me), 3) Master. I kinda want to watch the serials for Doctors 1-7 in order but $$$ plus kinda hard to find.
    This reminds me of back in the late 1970's when I'd first discovered the Doctor Who episode novelizations produced by Target books. Tom Baker's was the only Doctor showing at the time so I bought all of his books that had been produced so far. When that was done I had enough money for only one more book. Saw the cover of The Three Doctors and was immediately intrigued by the faces so I purchased it.
    I really liked Pertwee's, Hartnell was okay, but really not enough material to decide.... but omg how I immediately fell for Troughton's. So I started buying the stories on him...then Pertwee. By then there was a new Doctor and VHS tapes took over from buying books.
    Good times. Good times. *sigh*

One of these days I will forgive my family for making me get rid of all my science fiction/fantasy library.
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    Big Finish just announced a bit of a shocker with Series 5 of Diary of River Song in Jan 2019, she'll be taking on FOUR incarnations of the Master! Geoffrey Beveers and Derek Jacobi return to voice their respective Masters again but also for the first time in a Big Finish production, both Eric Roberts and Michelle Gomez are reprising their respective Masters/Missy on audio! Before that River will be having some adventures with the Fourth Doctor in Series 4, out in August (which will mean she's crossed paths with all of the core Big Finish Doctors).

https://www.bigfinish.com/news/v/river-song-5

EDIT: It just occurs to me that with Missy in a production that would mean Big Finish finally will have access to 12th Doctor content in 2019, which is awesome.
    Another boxset and, oh look, yet another gimmick! Why can't the River sets stand on good storytelling? They shouldn't need a hook to get people to buy it. Although I am happy that, if Missy is included, it could mean we may get some 12th Doctor audios in the Not-to-distant future. The question is: Would Capaldi come back so soon after leaving?

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    Another boxset and, oh look, yet another gimmick! Why can't the River sets stand on good storytelling? They shouldn't need a hook to get people to buy it. Although I am happy that, if Missy is included, it could mean we may get some 12th Doctor audios in the Not-to-distant future. The question is: Would Capaldi come back so soon after leaving?
    To be fair a large proportion of the New Series box sets rely on gimmicks like returning characters and monsters, though to be honest some of the best stories in the River sets are ones where she's by herself. But it is fun to see her interact with the older Doctors too, and I wouldn't complain if they announced she's doing a future boxset with Tim Treloar's Third Doctor or David Bradley's First Doctor as the focus.

I think it's possible, though first I want to see some more usage of the actors playing the companions of Eleven and Twelve, and they vary in their availability. But I think something like the Tenth Doctor boxsets every two years or so is possible.

Astonishing Member

To be fair a large proportion of the New Series box sets rely on gimmicks like returning characters and monsters, though to be honest some of the best stories in the River sets are ones where she's by herself. But it is fun to see her interact with the older Doctors too, and I wouldn't complain if they announced she's doing a future boxset with Tim Treloar's Third Doctor or David Bradley's First Doctor as the focus.

I think it's possible, though first I want to see some more usage of the actors playing the companions of Eleven and Twelve, and they vary in their availability. But I think something like the Tenth Doctor boxsets every two years or so is possible.
    A well written and performed story with a returning character or monster can overcome any apprehension.

Scheduling has been a frequent obstacle for getting David Tennant in studio, most recently cited in the current issue of Vortex, Big Finish's in-house magazine (available for free on the website, the whole back-catalog going back to 2009). Add in that actresses like Catherine Tate and Billie Piper are busy as well, and that David wants to be in studio with them, and it's a small window of opportunity for Big Finish to take advantage of.

Big Finish are no strangers to recording with actors being in separate studio sessions. The full cast Fourth Doctor and Romana II stories are recorded with Tom in one studio and Lalla in another (Lalla tends to have John Leeson with her while Jane Slavin reads in for Lalla's lines in Tom's studio sessions). The studio Tom goes to is very close to his house, and he's not in the best health (he doesn't travel overseas anymore). Some Dark Shadows and Torchwood stories are recorded with the cast members sometimes on separate continents, like when John Barrowman is in the cast. One of the reasons for their upcoming Dark Shadows release Bloodline still having no confirmed release date is the huge effort it takes to get all the actors to record. The last couple of Stargate releases had recording sessions done over Skype.

I'm wondering when we'll start to see some footage or a console room reveal for the new season. I'm guessing maybe around comic con if there's a panel there?
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    I'm wondering when we'll start to see some footage or a console room reveal for the new season. I'm guessing maybe around comic con if there's a panel there?
    Probably at SDCC
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by jbmasta View Post
    A well written and performed story with a returning character or monster can overcome any apprehension.

Scheduling has been a frequent obstacle for getting David Tennant in studio, most recently cited in the current issue of Vortex, Big Finish's in-house magazine (available for free on the website, the whole back-catalog going back to 2009). Add in that actresses like Catherine Tate and Billie Piper are busy as well, and that David wants to be in studio with them, and it's a small window of opportunity for Big Finish to take advantage of.

Big Finish are no strangers to recording with actors being in separate studio sessions. The full cast Fourth Doctor and Romana II stories are recorded with Tom in one studio and Lalla in another (Lalla tends to have John Leeson with her while Jane Slavin reads in for Lalla's lines in Tom's studio sessions). The studio Tom goes to is very close to his house, and he's not in the best health (he doesn't travel overseas anymore). Some Dark Shadows and Torchwood stories are recorded with the cast members sometimes on separate continents, like when John Barrowman is in the cast. One of the reasons for their upcoming Dark Shadows release Bloodline still having no confirmed release date is the huge effort it takes to get all the actors to record. The last couple of Stargate releases had recording sessions done over Skype.
    I know Torchwood: Conspiracy was recorded over Skype. That's because John was busy working on Arrow at the time. I think a few others were done this way as well. Not certain about the recent ones, though.

I think it's great that David (who is very busy stateside) still finds time to come back for audios. I have a feeling that Capaldi will be the next Doctor to come back and do audios. Matt may do some down the track, but I think Big Finish would want to do stories with Eleven and The Ponds (which is next to impossible at the moment given how busy Arthur and Karen are as well.) As for Eccleston? Yeah....

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Most likely at SDCC. Although the BBC might do it before hand. I expect the promotion machine to kick into gear around June/July and steadily grow in the lead up to the premiere.

I know Torchwood: Conspiracy was recorded over Skype. That's because John was busy working on Arrow at the time. I think a few others were done this way as well. Not certain about the recent ones, though.

I think it's great that David (who is very busy stateside) still finds time to come back for audios. I have a feeling that Capaldi will be the next Doctor to come back and do audios. Matt may do some down the track, but I think Big Finish would want to do stories with Eleven and The Ponds (which is next to impossible at the moment given how busy Arthur and Karen are as well.) As for Eccleston? Yeah....
    If need be, the Ponds could be recast. Or else, perhaps reunite Rose with a latter incarnation, like Eleven, or Twelve.

And, there are two Twelve stories that MUST be told: a) we have to see the trip where he united with the other Doctors to save Gallifrey, and b), a reunion with the *real* Bill.

Astonishing Member

Believe was definitely recorded with John in the US.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by KoriandrJean View Post
    If need be, the Ponds could be recast. Or else, perhaps reunite Rose with a latter incarnation, like Eleven, or Twelve.

And, there are two Twelve stories that MUST be told: a) we have to see the trip where he united with the other Doctors to save Gallifrey, and b), a reunion with the *real* Bill.
    I am fairly certain that Arthur could be lured back to do some. Matt has said that he misses the role and even admitted that he made a mistake in calling time on playing the Doctor. So I guess he might also be roped into doing a few (If not Dudman does a great impersonation.) It is Karen that I am unsure about.

Capaldi might even get the chance to do that Twelve/Hendrix story he wanted to do. I think he'll wait until Jodie is settled in the role before he even considers coming back. Maybe after her second year.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

I think anything is possible for New Series content on BF outside Chris appearing, since I honestly thought there was little chance of Billie returning to play Rose and it's happened. The ones I am more surprised who haven't appeared yet are Freema and Noel. I think a Smith and Jones boxset with the continued adventures of Martha and Mickey would make a great series.

I am fairly certain that Arthur could be lured back to do some. Matt has said that he misses the role and even admitted that he made a mistake in calling time on playing the Doctor. So I guess he might also be roped into doing a few (If not Dudman does a great impersonation.) It is Karen that I am unsure about.

Capaldi might even get the chance to do that Twelve/Hendrix story he wanted to do. I think he'll wait until Jodie is settled in the role before he even considers coming back. Maybe after her second year.
    Indeed, it could be awhile before Mr. Capaldi's available...

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/amp...rfield-1109665

Astonishing Member

I think anything is possible for New Series content on BF outside Chris appearing, since I honestly thought there was little chance of Billie returning to play Rose and it's happened. The ones I am more surprised who haven't appeared yet are Freema and Noel. I think a Smith and Jones boxset with the continued adventures of Martha and Mickey would make a great series.
    True. I am hoping that the next set of Tenth Doctor Adventures will be with Freema. She wasn't the best companion Ten had (that honour goes to Donna and Wilf.) But Series 3 is one of my personal favourites. So I'd love to see that pairing again.

As for Chris? Well, we don't really need him. All Big Finish has to do is get Pete Walsh on the phone. That guy does a spot on Ninth Doc impression. Absolutely flawless. I'd also wager that he is much cheaper than Chris as well lol.