Page 305 of 581 FirstFirst ... 205255295301302303304305306307308309315355405 ... LastLast
Results 4,561 to 4,575 of 8709
    Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

Default Shada Bluray 2017

I purchased this on preorder back on Thanksgiving and its been backordered ever since. They just asked me to okay waiting even longer for my copy. Can't find anything on the net about why. Or is everyone in the U.S. now a Tom Baker fan and they can't keep up production?
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

Shada was suppose to come out in January but was pulled at the end of December for some reason. Rumor has it that it is so BBCAmerica can schedule it to run and then have it come out on dvd. However there has been no word on the actual reason it was pulled or when it will be released.

The latest rumor is that it will be released September 4, 2018.
    Last edited by Kaled; 05-09-2018 at 06:18 PM.

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

Ah. Just as well I suppose. Gives me a chance to look for other employment.
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

Astonishing Member

Class is back in session with Big Finish. There are two three one hour story releases due out in August, with guest stars including Sophie Aldred as Ace and Nicholas Briggs (whose beard is growing back) as the Daleks.

https://www.bigfinish.com/news/v/class-returns

20180531_132411.jpg can't wait.
    Stick "we work together and we get out of here alive"

Matt "peace out suckas"

^Kind of reminds me of the Seventh Doctor novels, in which the Doctor adopted a cat after the events of the novel version of Human Nature. (The cat later was given to former companion Benny).
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Amazing Member

I just re-watched The Sontaran Experiment with my kids. My five year old has previously seen Sontarans in the David Tennant two-parter "The Sontaran Stratagem/The Poison Sky," so he was a bit surprised at how Styre looked compared to the more modern Sontarans. He rationalized it as being like how "pandas and black bears are two different kinds of bears."

I was impressed that the entire two-parter took place out of doors; I don't think there was a single interior shot, which surely increased production costs. Sarah's yellow rain slicker was very yellow, but the greenery in the countryside was very drab grey. Is this some weird film thing, or is rain-drenched England really that grey out on the heathers?

I was never quite clear why Styre's superiors wanted him to spend all this time testing the only humans on earth. It's not as if they would be consequential in fighting off any kind of invasion, when the rest of the planet is deserted. I was also surprised to see the Rutans mentioned so early. I didn't remember them coming up until later.

The Rutans are mentioned in "The Time Warrior" as well, although they only appear in "The Horror of Fang Rock". (Unless you count the "Shakedown" video).

As for the Sontarans, I think they're one of the better realized classic monsters. The silver suits look a bit goofy though, but the heads seem mostly fine IMO, although the "Two Doctors" versions are a bit less articulated and wobbly (Also the Sontarans are way too tall). Styre looks a bit different I think because the actor was in poor health and the "Time Warrior" costume was way too hot, so a more insulated version was made (he passed away a bit later), so he was less convincing as a "clone" of Linx despite being the same actor.

Another thing that's a bit peculiar in the story is Tom's scarf, it's pretty much wrapped around his neck for most of the serial. Apparently he hurt himself during filming and it was hiding a brace or something like that.
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 06-01-2018 at 07:25 AM.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    The Rutans are mentioned in "The Time Warrior" as well, although they only appear in "The Horror of Fang Rock". (Unless you count the "Shakedown" video).

As for the Sontarans, I think they're one of the better realized classic monsters. The silver suits look a bit goofy though, but the heads seem mostly fine IMO, although the "Two Doctors" versions are a bit less articulated and wobbly (Also the Sontarans are way too tall). Styre looks a bit different I think because the actor was in poor health and the "Time Warrior" costume was way too hot, so a more insulated version was made (he passed away a bit later), so he was less convincing as a "clone" of Linx despite being the same actor.

Another thing that's a bit peculiar in the story is Tom's scarf, it's pretty much wrapped around his neck for most of the serial. Apparently he hurt himself during filming and it was hiding a brace or something like that.
    The Rutans have popped up in a few Big Finish audios. I'll put the titles in spoiler tags as their appearance is a surprise. One also appears in a brief role in Beyond the Ultimate Adventure, or Uncle Tewwy's Toy Box.
    spoilers:
    Castle of Fear
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    The First Sontarans
    end of spoilers

Tom had broken his neck doing a stunt, and the scarf handily covered it up. At the start of the Key to Time season he'd been bitten on the lip by his dog, so at the start of Ribos Operation the Doctor hits his head on the console to explain this.

More on The Sontaran Experiment. The producer at the time decided to break up the episodes allotted to a six part story into a four part story (Ark in Space) and a two part story (Sontaran Experiment). Ark in Space was entirely in studio. It's from this point that the six parters are saved for the end of the season, rather like a finale. Armageddon Factor is the last six part story, as Shada was never completed for the broadcast season 17. The Two Doctors was three forty five minute episodes, so it had similar length as a six parter.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    ^Kind of reminds me of the Seventh Doctor novels, in which the Doctor adopted a cat after the events of the novel version of Human Nature. (The cat later was given to former companion Benny).
    Woolsey. Voiced by Nick Briggs in the audio adaption of Oh No, It Isn't!. The Seventh Doctor did like cats, as did the Sixth Doctor.

BANNED

Anyone been watching the classic show on Twitch?

Ian has become a meme king.

LONDON 1965

First trailer coming this month and there are rumors of Jack and Gwen and a cat...
    Stick "we work together and we get out of here alive"

Matt "peace out suckas"

Ultimate Member

Not really a Doctor Who thing but as I was flipping through the channels I happened upon a LPGA gold tournament, and the leader was Sarah Jane Smith...had to chuckle at that...

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Qwerty View Post
    First trailer coming this month and there are rumors of Jack and Gwen and a cat...
    No mention of Rose?
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    No mention of Rose?
    Not that rubbish back-up strip Titan ran!