Page 310 of 581 FirstFirst ... 210260300306307308309310311312313314320360410 ... LastLast
Results 4,636 to 4,650 of 8715

For those who might be interested. I just wrote the teaser for a new Dr. Who fanfic. This idea is based more on the classic series than the current incarnation, but if it goes long enough it'll touch on the latter -

Title

Doctor Who: A Different Body A Different Destiny

Summary

What if rather than Tremas the Master had absorbed the body of Nyssa on Traken? Now biologically female the Master decides to set a different type of trap for the Doctor. Going by the name Samantha "Sam" Ret she tricks the Doctor into becoming one of his companions. However, when romantic feelings start to develop between her and the Fifth Doctor things become complicated.

Characters

Fourth Doctor, Fifth Doctor, Adric, Master, exact

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/13005879/1/

If so inclined, enjoy.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

BANNED

^ I would carry on with that premise, sounds interesting.

Comicon news:

There will be no two parters this series, all 10 episodes are standalone.

http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/doctor-...o-two-parters/

And yes, we will be getting an extra episode as the Christmas special is confirmed

http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/doctor-...stmas-special/
    Last edited by Miles To Go; 07-19-2018 at 11:38 AM.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

I feel like Thirteen has nicked Lucie Miller's voice now... But she's good! I get a bit of a Eighth Doctor vibe in there (he used to call lots of people his best friend...)

Not sure about the doctor yet, but i am liking the companions, graham in particular.

BANNED

So, I love it, but I think I'm going to be in dire need of subtitles to make out half of what she says.

Looks pretty good. Interesting that there doesn't seem to a monster, robot or alien (well, apart from her) in sight, just a few planets, corridors and such.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Looks pretty good. Interesting that there doesn't seem to a monster, robot or alien (well, apart from her) in sight, just a few planets, corridors and such.
    Maybe they finally are taking us spoilerphobic people a little bit into account.

Yeah. We saw her actually speak some lines (it's been a year since she was unveiled and before this trailer all we'd heard of her was "Oh, brilliant") but they didn't give away any major plot details. They did a good job here.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

Ooh, that looks nice. They were starting to get a bit out of control, more resembling some kind of gun.

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

Re-watched the Regeneration episode (minus the actual regeneration.... no thanks) then Shada. It really is a shame that so much of the original film was missing. The animation parts were better than Power of the Daleks, but still not on par with what they had in the earlier offerings such as The Invasion.
    Loved the altered ending. Made me smile.

I can almost forgive them for delaying my preorder of the Shada DVD for so long that I am going to lose my Cyber Monday discount on it as the store doesn't hold such discounts for more than seven months. But at least I did get to see it for now.
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaled View Post
    The mythology/fantasy-loving part of me likes it.
    The science fiction part of me is rolling her eyes. Looks like something that would be found in a gemstone/crystal/fairy figurines shop rather than a Doctor Who prop. My favorite is still 11's.
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Be good if we steer away from some of the older monsters for a bit. Especially the Cybermen (who nobody has got right since the show came back) and Master/Missy. Chibnall seems to be trying to take the show into new areas. Being additive to the mythology. The minute the show becomes bogged down with its continuity is when it starts losing people. Whovians such as us will be here no matter what. But we need to bring the large audience back. Otherwise the show will go on another hiatus. Nobody wants that.

I love the more cinematic approach being adopted here. Although I have seen some criticisms from people that it now looks like every generic sci-fi show out there and there is nothing fresh/exciting. Which is utter tosh. But to each his own.

Not sold on the need for three companions, but I guess that gives the writers more avenues to explore story wise. But it won't be authentic unless one of them disappears for an episode or is holed up in the TARDIS for 3/4 of the episode lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    Be good if we steer away from some of the older monsters for a bit. Especially the Cybermen (who nobody has got right since the show came back) and Master/Missy. Chibnall seems to be trying to take the show into new areas. Being additive to the mythology. The minute the show becomes bogged down with its continuity is when it starts losing people. Whovians such as us will be here no matter what. But we need to bring the large audience back. Otherwise the show will go on another hiatus. Nobody wants that.

I love the more cinematic approach being adopted here. Although I have seen some criticisms from people that it now looks like every generic sci-fi show out there and there is nothing fresh/exciting. Which is utter tosh. But to each his own.

Not sold on the need for three companions, but I guess that gives the writers more avenues to explore story wise. But it won't be authentic unless one of them disappears for an episode or is holed up in the TARDIS for 3/4 of the episode lol.
    Or the companions have to solve a mystery on their own while the doctor is holed up in the tardis for an episode, like they did in the beginning with david tennant. I’m wondering anout that scene where the doctor is holding her head and screaming; some sort of post regenerative failure? And what is it about the cybermen you don’t think the producers got right?

I think she's still wearing part of Capaldi's outfit in the first scene so it could be some sort of post-regeneration adjusting.

As for the Cybermen, I think the approach the new series has mostly taken is having them be based heavily on the 60's versions who (apart from Tomb of the Cybermen) sort of were more kind of marching tin soldiers for the most part, who often schemed with human allies (Who they often betrayed, of course).

However when the series went to color the Cybermen were pretty much given a more authoritive (and often somewhat emotional) Cyberleader who-along with the Cyberlieutenant-were kind of distinct from the other Cybermen and were kind of an interesting double-act. The Cyberleader sort of had a certain "Darth Vader" ishness to him too.

While there have been Cyberleaders in the new series nothing has really distinguished them, and for the most part they're back to using human allies: Lumic, Hartigan, Missy etc.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth