Page 316 of 581 FirstFirst ... 216266306312313314315316317318319320326366416 ... LastLast
Results 4,726 to 4,740 of 8709
    BANNED

Wondering if we'll get an episode list/guide soon. I think Radio Times has one of those around this time of year.

I think the only episodes we really know that much about are the opening episode (The Woman Who Fell to Earth) and the Alan Cumming/King James one.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

BANNED

From The SFX Issue:

Jodie Whittaker's casting in Doctor Who was kept so hush-hush by new showrunner Chris Chibnall and the BBC that the show's writers didn't even find out until the rest of the world did.

Chibnall confesses in the latest issue of SFX Magazine that series 11 writers Malorie Blackman, Ed Hime, Pete McTighe, Vinay Patel and Joy Wilkinson turned in initial scripts with The Doctor written as a male in order to keep the secret of Whittaker's hiring under wraps as long as possible.

"A lot of drafts of scripts have got 'he' in," the Doctor Who showrunner remembered. "The writers didn't know ‒ nobody knew ‒ until that reveal video went out."

For some shows, it might cause some major re-thinking when your writers find out that their lead character has switched sexes, but Chibnall insists The Doctor has never been defined by being male or female.

"It's very hard for me to think of a decision that the Doctor has taken in 55 years that is a gender-based decision or action," he argued. "I'd really struggle to think of one."

Chibnall conceded that the only situation where gender politics could come into play in series 11 is if The Doctor and her completely platonic companions travelled to real-life historical periods.

"I think particularly in the historicals – if we're doing historicals, which I'm sure we are – obviously that then affects what happens to all these characters when you go to certain periods of history," he hinted.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Anyone else think The Moment/Bad Wolf theory is correct? At first I dismissed it, but then I started thinking back and remember the first time I saw Day of the Doctor and seeing the the button on top of The Moment, thinking 'Ah, that looks like a red rose. Nice nod to Rose. Well done'.

So I started digging into this theory and it really makes sense and there is evidence to back it up. I won't go into it here but if you do a quick google search, you'll see what I mean.

Does anyone else think this theory is right?
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

I've been 3 seasons behind, so I'm catching up so I can watch D13 when she premieres. I gotta say series 8 and 9 do not captivate me at all. I' just find myself bored or spacing out most of the time. Capaldi is doing a fantastic job, Jenna does well also but I never liked Clara overall. Also not a fan of the homewrecking doctor/love triangle plot they love to revisit for some reason. Hope the series 10 companion has more to offer.

BANNED

Series 9 is my favourite Capaldi era season...has lots of quality stories and more of a traditional season with the multi-part storylines and other elements like UNIT, Daleks, Zygons etc. It has the Doctor's best speech and Heaven Sent is the finest episode of the modern series.

Series 10 on the other hand is more or less attrocious. Bill is boring (Nardole is bearable), Missy's arc is tedious, two parts of the Monk trilogy are unbearable television, Mark Gatiss' episode is ironically a series highlight for once. That, The Pilot, Oxygen, Extremis and the finale are incredible. Everything else is s*it.
    Last edited by Miles To Go; 09-15-2018 at 12:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Series 9 is my favourite Capaldi era season...has lots of quality stories and more of a traditional season with the multi-part storylines and other elements like UNIT, Daleks, Zygons etc. It has the Doctor's best speech and Heaven Sent is the finest episode of the modern series.

Series 10 on the other hand is more or less attrocious. Bill is boring (Nardole is bearable), Missy's arc is tedious, two parts of the Monk trilogy are unbearable television, Mark Gatiss' episode is ironically a series highlight for once. That, The Pilot, Oxygen, Extremis and the finale are incredible. Everything else is s*it.
    Thanks, I'll keep those good episodes in mind. I'm actually digging Bill so far, she's reactive to my liking and asks some of the best questions like why do you have a pull to open sign when you're trying to be descreat, why would you not have your chairs in front of the console, etc. There was another golden question she asked but I forgot!

Clara was waaay too cocky and rambly for me at times, I also pinpointed why it felt off watching Clara and The Doc; its because just like many of the people they helped, I felt like a 3rd wheel watching them.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sain View Post
    Clara was waaay too cocky and rambly for me at times, I also pinpointed why it felt off watching Clara and The Doc; its because just like many of the people they helped, I felt like a 3rd wheel watching them.
    Clara is more bearable in series 9 than 8. She was quite toxic in series 8. I'm glad you like Bill's tendency to nitpick, but that seems to be the only trait I like about her, other than that it's "did I remind you lately I'm gay?" every five minutes.

BANNED

...other than that it's "did I remind you lately I'm gay?" every five minutes.
    You must have really hated Captain Jack.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    You must have really hated Captain Jack.
    I didn't care much for him either, but at least Jack didn't have the charisma of a plank

Capaldi’s last season was promising with the introduction of bill, but the three part monk story killed the momentum for me. The ice warriors story was the last one i saw. Didn’t want to see moffatt’s grim bittersweet finale.

BANNED

New pic

Clara is more bearable in series 9 than 8. She was quite toxic in series 8. I'm glad you like Bill's tendency to nitpick, but that seems to be the only trait I like about her, other than that it's "did I remind you lately I'm gay?" every five minutes.
    I'm noticing this too. I don't think it's the frequency at which it is brought up for me, it's how awkardly handled almost all of them are. She isn't straightforward so instead of it coming off as normal it is feels like the exact opposite of what's intended.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sain View Post
    I'm noticing this too. I don't think it's the frequency at which it is brought up for me, it's how awkardly handled almost all of them are. She isn't straightforward so instead of it coming off as normal it is feels like the exact opposite of what's intended.
    On the other hand, awkward is one of her defining character traits, so that stands to reason.

The only new Who companion I disliked was Rose especially with 10.