Page 317 of 581 FirstFirst ... 217267307313314315316317318319320321327367417 ... LastLast
Results 4,741 to 4,755 of 8709

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    On the other hand, awkward is one of her defining character traits, so that stands to reason.
    Mmm, that's kinda true too. I just finished the latest series and uhhh yea, I'm ready for 11 lol. Bill was ok, but never really transcended past the most basic companion traits. I kinda feel bad for her though because since she only had one season, this means she succumbed to the Doctor's baggage and fallout from dangerous adventures the fastest out of all the companions (to my knowledge).

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    The only new Who companion I disliked was Rose especially with 10.
    Oh for sure, Rose is still my top most disliked companion.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

As we get close to the premiere, I just want to remind everyone that not everyone likes to hear spoilers, but prefer to actually be surprised while watching the show.

Please put spoilers in tags. Thanks
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sain View Post
    Mmm, that's kinda true too. I just finished the latest series and uhhh yea, I'm ready for 11 lol. Bill was ok, but never really transcended past the most basic companion traits. I kinda feel bad for her though because since she only had one season, this means she succumbed to the Doctor's baggage and fallout from dangerous adventures the fastest out of all the companions (to my knowledge).
    Well, at least she got the most unambiguously happy ending of all modern companions.

Oh for sure, Rose is still my top most disliked companion
    I didn't know dislike for Rose was so common, but I approve. Loved her with Eccleston, but her and Tennant turned into caricatures of themselves whenever they were on screen together.

Well, at least she got the most unambiguously happy ending of all modern companions.

I didn't know dislike for Rose was so common, but I approve. Loved her with Eccleston, but her and Tennant turned into caricatures of themselves whenever they were on screen together.
    Quite possibly yea, I don't remember Martha's ending but i could have sworn she got out unscathed.

BANNED

Chris Chibnall wrote an article for the Big Issue (a charity magazine usually sold by the homeless) and dropped a few names and places from the show

BANNED

Information on Episodes One and Two

"The Woman Who Fell To Earth"

"We don't get aliens in Sheffield." In a South Yorkshire city, Ryan Sinclair, Yasmin Khan and Graham O'Brien are about to have their lives changed forever, as a mysterious woman, unable to remember her own name, falls from the night sky. Can they believe a word she says? And can she help solve the strange events taking place across the city?

The episode – written by Chris Chibnall and directed by Jamie Childs – will feature guest appearances from Sharon D Clarke, Johnny Dixon and Samuel Oatley.
    "The Ghost Monument"

Still reeling from their first encounter, can the Doctor and her new friends stay alive long enough, in a hostile alien environment , to solve the mystery of Desolation? And just who are Angstrom and Epzo?

Along with the previously-revealed Shaun Dooley, 'The Ghost Monument' will also feature Art Malik (The Jewel in the Crown, Holby City) and Susan Lynch (Save Me, Killing Eve). Chibnall's again on scripting duties, with direction from Mark Tonderai.
    http://thedoctorwhocompanion.com/201...itle-revealed/

Well, at least she got the most unambiguously happy ending of all modern companions
    That love story with the puddle thingie was so darn freaking cute.

BANNED

Crap, seems like the time of wild spoilers and leaks has come...

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Guess whose getting her own audio series? Now say something nice...

https://www.bigfinish.com/news/v/missy-returns

Yeah I disliked her treatment of Mickey with 9 but found her tolerable but once with 10 it got unbearable.

BANNED

Episode One starts a "little differently" and may not have titles or theme music

http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/doctor-...die-whittaker/

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Episode One starts a "little differently" and may not have titles or theme music

http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/doctor-...die-whittaker/
    I remember that Season 7, or at least the first half with Amy and Rory, had slightly different titles depending on the episode, but I assume this means that they'll go straight into the fall and skip the titles or have them done differently.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    I remember that Season 7, or at least the first half with Amy and Rory, had slightly different titles depending on the episode, but I assume this means that they'll go straight into the fall and skip the titles or have them done differently.
    Maybe the credits appear over a long shot of her falling, maybe something a little Bond-esque?

I think the scene before the credits is mostly a new series kind of thing (and kind of gives things a slight "cliffhanger" feel right at the beginning sometimes) although I both "Castrovalva" and "Time and the Rani" had a pre-title sequence as well. The very first episode continued to play the theme past the title screen as well, as the policeman moved through Totter's lane.

"Day of the Doctor" also had a largely different title from what I remember as well.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

BANNED

For anyone wondering where things stand with achieving ratings, this is from Doctor Who Magazine:

Chibnall says their main priority is achieving ratings on Live+7 and Live+28 formats, not direct live overnights. He admits he doesn't normally watch television live.