Page 319 of 580 FirstFirst ... 219269309315316317318319320321322323329369419 ... LastLast
Results 4,771 to 4,785 of 8689
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Chibnall again insisting there are no returning monsters this series, and explaining why

https://www.radiotimes.com/news/tv/2...s-this-series/
    No-spoilers Chibnall didn't have a very long tenure.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    No-spoilers Chibnall didn't have a very long tenure.
    He's always been upfront about there being no returning monsters. It's not a spoiler, he's basically telling people not to get their hopes up because people will just start looking for them to appear and he doesn't want that taking anything away from the fresh set of adventures, monsters and situations.

BANNED

Today is the series launch party, with the first episode being screened for critics

Any early reviews?
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    The Doctor usually goes through a bit of post-regeneration instability and amnesia. I think Smith was sort of an exception, apart from some minor physical issues he seemed to be fully aware of who he was. The Seventh Doctor also seemed to be well aware, and it actually the Rani who managed to mess his mind up. War Doctor also seemed to recover pretty quickly, although we didn't see much of what happened after-he could've passed out after saying "Doctor no more". Ditto with his change into Eccleston.

Troughton, Pertwee, Davision, Baker, Mcgann, Tennant and Capaldi were largely bedridden or unstable and then made their "big entrance" later on.
    "Unstable" is kinda an understatement regarding the Davidson to Baker transformation.

It's a wonder Peri didn't leave sooner given what she had to put up with.

The audios kind of explain that a bit I think, basically Peri loses her Earth family thanks to the Cybermen and the Doctor is all she has left. That's why their relationship seems to have softened by the time of Trial of a Time Lord. Of course in "Mindwarp" he kind of goes a bit bonkers again, but that's mainly due either to the mental experiment or the Doctor doing some kind of 4D chess like he'd later do as the Seventh Doctor.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Any early reviews?
    The embargo is lifted midnight I think

BANNED

The review embargo has lifted, the one from Radio Times is quite detailed on some characters, so caution of mild spoilers

https://www.radiotimes.com/news/tv/2...die-whittaker/

Den of Geek Review

http://www.denofgeek.com/uk/tv/docto...-fell-to-earth

BANNED

Could we get the seasonal special bumped to New Years Day?

https://www.starburstmagazine.com/do...ho-moves-again

BANNED

So the clip that got leaked a few months ago was finally officially released

Astonishing Member

He's always been upfront about there being no returning monsters. It's not a spoiler, he's basically telling people not to get their hopes up because people will just start looking for them to appear and he doesn't want that taking anything away from the fresh set of adventures, monsters and situations.
    I agree with this. I love the Cybermen, but they've been featured heavily the past three series. So Its nice to get a break from them. I think Chibnall is right in not including any returning monsters. I love the shows callbacks to continuity, but it has reached the point where it has alienated audiences who aren't as versed, or invested, in the shows lore.

Doctor Who really needs some fresh elements. Further world building that adds to the mythology, rather than becoming a slave to it.

Astonishing Member

Could we get the seasonal special bumped to New Years Day?

https://www.starburstmagazine.com/do...ho-moves-again
    Not really sure how that will go. Actually, I am very keen to see how the show performs in the new time slot. I mean, a shift worked during Davison's tenure. But was absolutely dreadful during McCoy. I can see what they are trying to do. More people are home Sunday night due to work the following day. Whereas Saturday is no longer the draw night that it used to be. Certainly isn't the case here in Australia.

The ABC have shifted Who here as well. It will now be going out 5:55pm Monday (the opening episode) and 6pm for the following episodes. Putting it up against the main news bulletins. That is also considered the beginning of peak viewing as well. Thank god I am home early. I pity those who are still heading home at that time and are fans. But hey, nice to have something other than the news to watch.

Astonishing Member

So the clip that got leaked a few months ago was finally officially released

Good first impression. Fellow Yorkie.

Jodie seems pretty good, granted I only know her from this clip and a recent appearance on the Graham Norton Show, but she was perfectly charming in the interview. Still not a fan of the costume (I think she looks better in Capaldi's remnants than in what she will be designated to wear in the follow up episodes. I just think the Doctor doesn't look "right" when not in some manner of button up collared shirt and waistcoat/sweater vest type combo. And yes, I'm perfectly aware of Eccleston's outfit. I'm probably in the minority, but he never quite felt like the Doctor to me.)

No classic monsters is still a big problem for me, I love me some Daleks and Cybermen. Now would also be a great time to reintroduce the Rani, imo.
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
    Now would also be a great time to reintroduce the Rani, imo.
    Given who the current showrunner is, the irony of using a creation of Pip and Jane Baker would be hilarious