Page 320 of 581 FirstFirst ... 220270310316317318319320321322323324330370420 ... LastLast
Results 4,786 to 4,800 of 8711

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Given who the current showrunner is, the irony of using a creation of Pip and Jane Baker would be hilarious

Heck it would be interesting to see how he deals with any criticism.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Heck it would be interesting to see how he deals with any criticism.
    That clip pretty much sums up Chibnall's thoughts regarding the show. But yeah, I bet he kicks himself that this is out there lol.

For an idea of how he would take criticism, he says in a 2007 interview where he mentions the 1986 interview that he's "fair game." Beyond seeing it as an excuse to skip school (he was 16 years old) he doesn't recall much else about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Given who the current showrunner is, the irony of using a creation of Pip and Jane Baker would be hilarious

....LOL. What the hell, is this like a "Talking Dead" type thing from the 80s? Here these kids are, ripping the show and its already intense, but the writers were listening the whole time? What savagery, lmao. You'd never get that face to face televised honesty, I feel.

That lady is heeaated.

BANNED

BBC Radio 2 trailer, with a mixture of existing and fresh lines

https://soundcloud.com/user-83650696...adio-2-trailer

Pictures from Radio Times

More here

https://twitter.com/VortexiaTweets/s...32755294789634

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Hey everybody. So I'm looking at my guide and it shows that the premier is on tomorrow at 12:45, which is strange because it's supposed to premiere Sunday night.

So I check and sure enough, the premier is on at 6:45, but this time it says "special edition premiere".

Anyone know what's going on?
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    Hey everybody. So I'm looking at my guide and it shows that the premier is on tomorrow at 12:45, which is strange because it's supposed to premiere Sunday night.

So I check and sure enough, the premier is on at 6:45, but this time it says "special edition premiere".

Anyone know what's going on?
    "The Doctor Who season 11 premiere, ‘The Woman Who Fell To Earth,’ will be simulcast in the US and UK. This means American Whovians can watch live (and live tweet) along with their British counterparts without fear of spoilers. This is a one time, special airtime just for the premiere episode. Because the episode will be airing in primetime in the UK, American fans will have to adjust their schedules to watch the episode a bit earlier."

Unless I misunderstood your question? I was going to DVR it anyway, too much going on today to watch it live.

I had to buy it on amazon as a season package. Anyone know when that will be available? Do I have to wait till tomorrow or will it be available live at 9
    Stick "we work together and we get out of here alive"

Matt "peace out suckas"

BANNED

The episode has leaked already, I've heard the theme and it sounds so much like something from Big Finish!

Quote Originally Posted by Qwerty View Post
    I had to buy it on amazon as a season package. Anyone know when that will be available? Do I have to wait till tomorrow or will it be available live at 9
    Bought the Amazon season as well. I assume we have to wait until tomorrow.
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    "The Doctor Who season 11 premiere, ‘The Woman Who Fell To Earth,’ will be simulcast in the US and UK. This means American Whovians can watch live (and live tweet) along with their British counterparts without fear of spoilers. This is a one time, special airtime just for the premiere episode. Because the episode will be airing in primetime in the UK, American fans will have to adjust their schedules to watch the episode a bit earlier."

Unless I misunderstood your question? I was going to DVR it anyway, too much going on today to watch it live.
    Thanks. Yeah, same here. I'm going to have to DVR it because I'll be watching football all day and my Cowboys play tonight at 7. As soon as the game is over though I'll watch the premiere.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Just watched it, really like it, I think the new companion dynamic is interesting, not totally sold on Jodie's Doctor yet but her heart is definitely in it and that's the important thing. I also realize that Doctor Who is much more fun when you both don't have any returning monsters and know anything about future episodes! They could go anywhere, yay!

...also the Doctor having pierced ears really bugs me, I have no idea why.

I liked Whittaker, not sure about the companion(s?) yet. They had far more interaction with each other than with the Doctor so the Doctor-companion chemistry hasn't shown itself much for the moment. The story was a bit perfunctory and had an amazing sequence of coincidences to kick it off, but it was entertaining enough and surely all the new characters they needed to introduce took a lot of the episode, so I won't judge harshly.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    ...also the Doctor having pierced ears really bugs me, I have no idea why.
    I don't find it more weird than regenerating right into hairdos that don't spontaneously appear in nature, so I'll lump the earlobe work in with that and don't worry about it.
    Last edited by Forseti; 10-07-2018 at 12:14 PM.
    Live true or lie well.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

I think the companion thing is more to do with the fact that we haven't had combined companions as connected before since probably Ian and Barbara, Ben and Polly and Amy and Rory. Hopefully the various episodes can give them enough one on one time with the Doctor so that we have better chemistry. I would agree with the fact that this episode started with one heck of a coincidence in how it didn't pay off the finale last Christmas.

Maybe it's the fact we never saw her decide to do it, I dunno. She had no pierced ears before her costume change and then... ok. Maybe it'll grow on me, her costume definitely has.

BANNED

Pretty fun story...not the greatest opener (Time and the Rani is actually better), and if Heaven exists, there's bound to be an "Open Air" panel show airing as we speak where Pip and Jane give Chibnall his receipt

There was good ("Tim Shaw", Ryan on the bike, the design of Shaw, actual deaths that stick), there was bad ("eat my salad", the Macguvering of the Sonic Screwdriver,) and there were middling bits (body count, but no on-screen depiction of the bodies), but overall I think Whitaker captured the role and had the authority and presence of The Doctor.

***1/2