Page 321 of 581 FirstFirst ... 221271311317318319320321322323324325331371421 ... LastLast
Results 4,801 to 4,815 of 8711

I thought the premiere was okay. I'd echo the notion that I'm not sold on Jodie Whittaker's Doctor as yet, but that she certainly has her heart in her performance.

Unlike others who didn't like the idea of the Doctor regenerating into a woman, I was never going anywhere because of the casting decision. So obviously I'm on board with the series still. It will be interesting to see how things progress from here.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Kind of liked how it wasn't all kind of flashy effects for once. While Jodie certainly has Ten's energy, it seems her persona might be a better match for eleven in a few ways, since he seemed one of the more selfless Doctors. Interesting also that the whole planet wasn't really at stake, she just wanted to save one innocent.

The cinematography definitely gave it somewhat of a more cinematic feel as well. Also felt a bit "Torchwood" with the city setting, but that's hardly surprising given Chibnall's work on that.

Her sort of improvised gadgetry kind of reminded me a bit of Eleven in the Lodger (Where he also misplaced the TARDIS) and also a bit of Pertwee. The dialogue about her family though, I'm pretty sure that's a bit of a nod toward Tomb of the Cybermen (and some think that the ending might've been inspired a bit by Logopolis). Still, even with that, not really super-heavy on references to past stories.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Dope first episode. As I was hoping all this fresh newness made me interested again. There were some camera choices/reaction shots between Ryan and Yas when they were in the woods and as long as the episode was parts of it had that "first episode rush"ness to it. Other than that, I really liked it. Jodie carries the ecentricity and energy to match.

I appreciate the patience to get to a new screwdriver as well as the Tardis. Oh and Mr. Freeze Teeth was a cool new baddy.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Also felt a bit "Torchwood" with the city setting, but that's hardly surprising given Chibnall's work on that.
    Funny enough I thought that the guy who grabbed the pod was going to turn out to be a Torchwood operative since his hideout was very Torchwood'y - I was probably thinking of Captain Jack mentioning that there was a Torchwood run by 'one strange man' up north, but I think that might have been Torchwood Glasgow so...

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

I love it!
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

I really enjoyed it. Love that she built her sonic her self.
    Stick "we work together and we get out of here alive"

Matt "peace out suckas"

I found it okay. It wasn't bad but it wasn't great either.

Jersey City - or you can call it The TWiLighT Zone

I was one of those who was against the Dr Who-ette , with that said it was an alright episode..

BANNED

Welp, that was all kinds of awesome.

I'm going to need some time to get used to her accent. I needed the subtitles.

I love her. Early days, but I reckon she has a shot of becoming my second favourite Doctor.

Love the new music guy. *googles* Segun Akinola... Never heard of him.

Anyway, if I had to sum it up in one word, I'd go with old school. Okay, two words.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    The episode has leaked already, I've heard the theme and it sounds so much like something from Big Finish!
    It sounds like something from the 70's that's been slightly updated.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Welp, that was all kinds of awesome.

I'm going to need some time to get used to her accent. I needed the subtitles.

I love her. Early days, but I reckon she has a shot of becoming my second favourite Doctor.

Love the new music guy. *googles* Segun Akinola... Never heard of him.

Anyway, if I had to sum it up in one word, I'd go with old school. Okay, two words.
    I was thinking the same. Potentially.

Forgot to mention, Ryan's grandma was so cool. It was sad to see her go; initially I thought in the end she would be so chill that she'd choose to stay in her time in space while letting Ryan set on this new adventure, but this pleasently subverted my expectations; same with the ending which was an awesome flow into the next adventure.

Yeah, the ooh-ee-ooh part of the song is pretty much identical to the 1963-1979 versions of the theme; the other part though sounds somewhat like the New series season 1-3 theme. Sort of back to basics I guess.

Kind of curious what the title sequence is going to be like. Will there be a face, for instance (like most of the original show and seasons 7b-10, although both faces were more obscured than their classic counterparts), or simply back to the TARDIS going through the vortex/space?
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

For the OP credits they should smile at the camera after doing tasks that pertain to their character's interest...I mean, I'm down.

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

For some awful reason the station playing in my area didn't show the theme. Probably to have more air time for commercials. I hate them. Bastards.

Getting royally tired of courageous females while males are either evil or stupid/cowards. Only white companion is pretty useless in comparison to others. Really? Get real, BBC.
    At least there were two females who were also royally stupid, but they were just short cameos.
    Alien pod looks like a lunar Hershey's Kiss.
    Sonic screwdriver is more New Age Crystal Shop than Sonic Screwdriver. Also made from Earth materials. Probably inferior to anything the Tardis would have produced with Gallifreyan tech. That could be worrisome.
    "Only idiots carry knives." So having made guns evil they've stepped to the next level. I suppose the next regen will have a dislike for rocks? Only an idiot goes into a bad neighborhood without some sort of protection. Man, I hate being preached to.

Costume: Ugh. I can tolerate everything but that top. Looks like something only to be found in a thrift store or a department store clearance section.

Story: fair for a new Doctor premier. Most were pretty lame (Robot, I'm looking at you.)
    Doctor: I think I could learn to really like the heroine if this had been Jenny. Or even Romana, but Jenny would have been absolutely perfect. As it is I still see a Time Lady and not the Doctor as to me the Doctor is male and will always be a male in my mind. So I can think of this one as Jenny, I guess.
    How did she survive the entry into Earth? Cheat.
    Last edited by Kyer; 10-07-2018 at 08:29 PM.
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

Observations- i’m Not sure why Chibnall decided to go tardis free for the season(?) maybe it was a real drain on the budget? But now the doctor and her friends aren’t thrown together by choice, but forced together out of neccesity. I just have a feeling that the doctor needs the TARDIS is to help complete her regeneration- and the longer she goes without it, the more she will deteriorate. I hate that kind of dilemma.
    So Ryan isn’t coordinated enough to ride a bike, but he can sure throw it into a tree with the best of them. I think the doctor will take him under her wing.I’m sure i’ll Like yaz as I get to know more about her, and I already liked graham going in. Did like Bradley walsh’s Big scene. And I am warming up to Jodie whittaker’s Doctor. Liked the alien baddie,except for the trophy teeth. Yuck! And that guy- who didn’t want to get involved, but needed the self motivational tapes- the doctor came to help him. Yeah, you are special, mate.
    Last edited by protege; 10-07-2018 at 08:21 PM.

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

What? No Tardis this season?
    Aw..****. The Tardis is half the reason I watched Doctor Who! The main reason I decided to watch after finding out the season actually was starting today. Whelp.
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)