Page 334 of 582 FirstFirst ... 234284324330331332333334335336337338344384434 ... LastLast
Results 4,996 to 5,010 of 8719
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    I would still rate this regeneration above the 6th and 7th
    If you listened to Big Finish, you'd change your mind on that

BANNED

New clip

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Yes, absolutely they would both be better appreciated Doctors with their Big Finish performances. But lets not encourage somebody to rate the current doctor at the bottom of their list based on three episodes.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Six is now one of my favorite Doctors thanks to Big Finish, even Mel had had some great stories with them which suits her character.

Speaking of, and I didn't think Big Finish would keep exciting me with how much awesome stuff they have planned for their 20th year of doing Doctor Who stories but... Volume Five of The Third Doctor Adventures is going to reunite the Third Doctor (played by amazingly accurate actor Tim Trelor) and Jo Grant (original actress Katy Manning) for two adventures with Brigadier Lethbridge Stewart (played by veteran voice artist Jon Culshaw) Sergeant Benton (played by original actor John Levene) and Liz Shaw (played by Daisy Ashford, the daughter of original actress Caroline John)! Third Doctor era love for the win! You can hear a clip of how well Tim and Jon can channel Pertwee and Courtney here.

https://www.bigfinish.com/news/v/thi...iz-shaw-return

Oh and they're also battling the Primoids from Inferno in the first story, so it's definitely a blast back to the early 70's with this boxset!

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

New clip

It overplays the lonely/awkward vibe a little, but I'm still excited to see more of Jaz.

Since we got a new Tardis interior I'm going to rank the Tardis.

1: Capaldi's revamped Tardis series 9 forward is my favorite I love everything about it.

2: Hartnell and Troughton's Tardis there was some changes over the years but it was pretty awesome looking.

3: Smith's first Tardis loved the whimsical look and mix of old and new technology to create it's own style.

4: TV Movie Tardis the Steampunk look was great.

5: Smith's 2nd Tardis.

6: Jodie's Tardis.

7: Late 4th era, 5, 6, and 7's Tardis interiors slight differences but nothing to classified in rankings IMO.

8: Tom Baker's "Wood" Tardis the look was great but the console was too simplistic for my taste.

9: Pertwee and Tom Baker's early Tardis interiors slightly different but not major enough to be separated IMO.

10: RTD's Era Tardis I just never liked it.

11: Not show canon but while the films are fun the Cushing movie was Tardis was unimaginative IMO how does a show with practically no budget upstage you?

BANNED

The first volume of the sixth season of Torchwood is now available from Big Finish

https://www.bigfinish.com/news/v/god-is-coming

Extraordinary Member

It's a matter of taste, to be sure.

So far this regeneration doesn't seem to have any strongly defining quality to it. As with 5 for me it's feels like generic Doctor, or possibly a bit of a rerun of Smith's with somewhat different syntax.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

BANNED

Series 12 might not air until 2020

http://www.doctorwhotv.co.uk/rumour-...2020-88935.htm

Or not, at the end of the article it says they don't believe there will be a delay.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    Or not, at the end of the article it says they don't believe there will be a delay.
    Didn't catch that. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post

10: RTD's Era Tardis I just never liked it.
    It was nice to see the RTD Tardis during Eleven's second season for sure (I watched The Doctor's Wife with two pre-teen cousins, and when they saw the old RTD set they were familiar with, they let out a simultaneous and adorable "COOOOL!"), but the thing has the unfortunate side effect of being too weird and alien after the original series sets, and too boring and bland compared to its successors. There's nothing really that connects Nine and Ten to the theme of coral, for example.

I'm sure there's a blander-yet-odder TARDIS bridge out there somewhere, but the RTD set was there for so consistent (esp. compared to the Moffat sets), and it we even had Eleven (in the premiere), Amy, and Rory in there at different times.

Regarding Pertwee and Tom Baker's earlier TARDIS consoles, they were usually somewhat inconsistent (probably due to the console room not being used that much during the Pertwee era.) Although I think Graham Williams sort of kept the same general look for the room (With the red rotor), and this was pretty much used for Peter Davison's first two seasons. They were definetly some weird versions. When it first shows up it isn't two different from the black and white version (with the cardboard roundels for instance) but then there's the weird Time monster bowl version, the Three Doctors "transporter room" look, and the cabinets from Planet of the Daleks etc.

After the Five Doctors of course the console got the redesign with the fancy Time rotor, although by the time of McCoy's era it seems the set was having some issues (perhaps due to the set problems at the BBC at the time and also they were pretty much taking the set apart anyway).
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Just saw this on twitter:
    Just binge watched the first three of Jodie’s Dr Whos. Just brilliant. She is the definitive Doctor for 2018 and the Rosa Parks story is the perfect Doctor Who story. A story that must always be told. Stunning writing performances direction. Just WOW
    ~Colin Baker(2018)

She's not my favorite yet, it's much too soon but it's fun seeing a former Doctor gush about the show.

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    It overplays the lonely/awkward vibe a little, but I'm still excited to see more of Jaz.
    Exactly, twitches for days. Way too obvious, would have prefered she played harder to get.