Page 337 of 582 FirstFirst ... 237287327333334335336337338339340341347387437 ... LastLast
Results 5,041 to 5,055 of 8716

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    I've always tried to give TARDIS interiors the benefit of a few episodes before deciding whether or not I like it. Lord knows it took some time for me to warm up to Eleven's first TARDIS.

I like that Thirteen's kept some Gallifreyan round text here and there, and the console and center column look fine to me. But those overarching pillars that point back down will take some getting used to. I half expect people to just bump into them more than occasionally, and it can't be great for camera angles.
    That's what I forgot to mention. I loved seeing the glyphs on the round steps towards the console.

The first two episodes of the new season were a bit of a let down. The new Doctor was great in them but the stories were average and the new companions didn't make much of an impression.

I'm so glad that changed with the next two episodes. Excellent stories and all three companions get their own share of the spotlight and all grew on me. Plus the Doctor continues to improve from her already good start.

The team now has a great dynamic and I'm already beginning to think Thirteen may be the best Doctor since Eccleston departed from the role!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Elden View Post
    I'm so glad that changed with the next two episodes. )
    They did? Don't know what you were watching, but to me, the last two episodes were just as average, and Graham is the only companion that's remotely interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    They did? Don't know what you were watching, but to me, the last two episodes were just as average, and Graham is the only companion that's remotely interesting.
    Eh, to each their own. I liked ep. 1, was bored by 2, and thought Rosa was riveting TV.

I was iffy on Arachnids in the UK, but then this deleted scene changed my mind:

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    Eh, to each their own. I liked ep. 1, was bored by 2, and thought Rosa was riveting TV.
    Rosa was good, but it's reputation as this triumph of television feels entirely over-hyped.

Graham is good, but to me the least interesting of the TARDIS team.

Rosa was good, but it's reputation as this triumph of television feels entirely over-hyped.
    It was the best episode of the season so far though. And if it weren't for Vincent and the Doctor I'd say it's the next best celebrity historical of the new series.

I'm honestly not getting this sense that any particular number is truly saying that. Especially coming off the pre-episode fears that it would be about the Doctor interacting with Rosa the way they typically do with any other historical figure in the show, rather than the strict "temporal prime directive" approach of this episode.

Essentially, across several DW message boards and subreddits and what have you, I'm not seeing it praised to the level of over-hype, especially now that we're two weeks after it.

Kind of interesting the Doctor mentioning her family again. We've had him/her mention or been shown parents (in the TV movie), Granddaughter (Susan) sorta-daughter (Jenny) Brother (In Smith and Jones) Wives (River, Marilyn, Queen Elizabeth and possibly Susan's grandmother?) even an uncle (Time and the Rani) -although I'm pretty sure "Giddy aunt" was more of an expression...but I'm pretty sure there haven't been any sisters mentioned until now.

Wonder if that'll weave into some kind of story arc (Timeless child?) although I'm not sure Chibnall's that big into that, and we've had a lot of hints over the years at the Doctor's past for it to go nowhere (as it would kind of spoil the show's core mystery-Doctor Who?) The "Cartmel Masterplan", the Hybird etc.....the "name" "reveal" was kind of clever though, in that it wasn't really addressing the actual name of the Doctor, but the name he had chosen for himself-"Doctor" as a vow/promise. Plus fans have been speculating since the show returned that somehow Susan was supposed to return, and that hasn't happened (Unless you think the End of Time lady was her).
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

I thought the end of time lady was his actual mom but her being Susan would be funny. Watching Susan's future regenerations looking older than the Doctor's young boy phase would have been an interesting spin.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

New Big Finish News, from March to June 2019 Torchwood's single release stories are going to see the Torchwood crew encounter monsters from their big brother's show - Gwen Cooper faces the Fendahl, Jack Harkness and Jo Jones team up to investigate new events in modern Llanfairfach, there's an awesome villain-villain team-up between Margaret Blaine the Slitheen and Suzie Costello, and finally Rys Williams learns what happens when someone is stupid enough to let the Nestene deal with our ocean plastic waste problem...

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    I Jodie as The Doctor, still getting used to the companions though. However, I absolutely hate the new theme. I spend all day looking at colon histology and then I come home to watch Doctor Who, and the first thing that happens is I travel through a colon
    Heh. Yeah, both the theme and intro are the worst in DW history, IMO.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    Captain Jack meeting Jo should be great! Can't wait!

Quote Originally Posted by Elden View Post
    Captain Jack meeting Jo should be great! Can't wait!
    Agreed, though I'm kind of surprised they didn't go with Ianto for logical reasons... Sync is the one I'm most interested in, given how Blon Fel and Suzie are both very cold and calculated characters... it's rare to get to see in Doctor Who what happens when two villains have to work together... still hoping we'll get to see a proper Master/Missy and Davros (Terry or Julian) face off some day.

BANNED

And with this, Jo Grant has the distinction of having now starred in Doctor Who, Sarah Jane Adventures, and Torchwood. All she needs is appear in a future audio production of Class now.