Page 338 of 581 FirstFirst ... 238288328334335336337338339340341342348388438 ... LastLast
Results 5,056 to 5,070 of 8704
    Astonishing Member

The only one I am not feeling is Sync. But the rest sound absolutely delicious. Awesome that The Green Life also has Stewart Bevan back as Clifford Jones. More Fendahl is a plus (Image was one of the few stories where Doctor Who successfully pulled off Hammer Horror.)

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    The only one I am not feeling is Sync. But the rest sound absolutely delicious. Awesome that The Green Life also has Stewart Bevan back as Clifford Jones. More Fendahl is a plus (Image was one of the few stories where Doctor Who successfully pulled off Hammer Horror.)
    Sounds like that story is going to see some trouble in paradise between the Jones, but I'm happy to see both return to the scene of the Green Death.

I think Pyramids of Mars and elements of Talons of Weng-Chiang also pulled off Hammer Horror perfectly, but I'll agree with that one otherwise.

Since Torchwood Audios like the show are usually aimed at a more adult audience I am curious on what that might mean for the monsters concerned.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    Sounds like that story is going to see some trouble in paradise between the Jones, but I'm happy to see both return to the scene of the Green Death.

I think Pyramids of Mars and elements of Talons of Weng-Chiang also pulled off Hammer Horror perfectly, but I'll agree with that one otherwise.

Since Torchwood Audios like the show are usually aimed at a more adult audience I am curious on what that might mean for the monsters concerned.
    Talons is my favourite Doctor Who story. For me, it is more inline with the non-horror Hammer Films. Pyramids does it well, too. But the entire premise and setting of Image is absolutely Hammer Horror.

I was wondering how they might be utilized with the freedom to go more mature as well. Plus there are no visuals, so they can absolutely cut lose with them.

BANNED

Those rumours of no Christmas special are emerging again. We'll get a special on New Years Day though

https://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/...d-13520717.amp

This makes sense to me. If there's truth to the rumours of no new DW in 2019, there won't be any new material for the year, so bumping the special up to January allows them to boast that we continue to have uninterrupted DW content annually.

BANNED

Looks like we will have a "cute" monster in tomorrow's episode.

http://www.doctorwhotv.co.uk/the-tsu...ling-89141.htm

Retired

It was underwhelming how the spider plot just ended without a big finish. And then they go to the TARDIS. I don't expect everything to be done according to Hoyle, but are they deliberately trying to subvert expectations?

The only exciting thing was really the spiders--but more because they are so scary. It's like they worked out the spider bit and then they didn't bother with planning any more story development. And Chris Noth seemed like he wandered onto the set from another show--if he's going to run against Trump, is he going to run as an independent or a Democrat? He seems just as extremely right wing as Trump.

And it seems like everyone forgot that Yaz is a copper, including Yaz. She had an easy explanation for why she would be there--she's a cop and this is a suspicious situation that she's investigating. But she never used her authority. Then again, she's willing to chuck it all in to go flying through space, so maybe she turned in her badge when we weren't looking.

Also, why is the intro cut so short? That's one of the nice bits of DOCTOR WHO--I want more of the music and more visuals. And I like it better when they have a cold open first and then cut to the opening credit sequence. It seems like they changed this just for the sake of change.

It was nice to see Sunita Alahan and Danny Baldwin sharing screen time again, although their story lines rarely met on CORRIE.

If the TARDIS crew arrive in Sheffield half an hour after they left, that means the spider investation was going on the whole time the Doctor was wandering around Sheffield in episode 1, yet she never stumbled upon that mystery at the time. This is one of those things I always wonder about in DW. Might seem picky--but it's something I'd use if I were plotting a season. At any moment in time that the Doctor is doing one thing--some other situation from another story is also happening.

Retired

"The End of Time" aired in two parts on Christmas Day and New Year's Day (in the UK). That seemed quite clever to me and that's what I'd prefer to see every year, even if it means cutting one of the regular episodes to make a Christmas special in its place and then using that episode to set up the New Year's special.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Those rumours of no Christmas special are emerging again. We'll get a special on New Years Day though

https://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/...d-13520717.amp

This makes sense to me. If there's truth to the rumours of no new DW in 2019, there won't be any new material for the year, so bumping the special up to January allows them to boast that we continue to have uninterrupted DW content annually.
    Really? I would understand if we were two or three years into Jodie’s run but having one just after starting and with a shorter first season seems odd to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    If the TARDIS crew arrive in Sheffield half an hour after they left, that means the spider investation was going on the whole time the Doctor was wandering around Sheffield in episode 1, yet she never stumbled upon that mystery at the time. This is one of those things I always wonder about in DW. Might seem picky--but it's something I'd use if I were plotting a season. At any moment in time that the Doctor is doing one thing--some other situation from another story is also happening.
    Actually Doctor Who has done this before - since the Second Doctor brought Ben and Polly back to the same time they left the events of The War Machines, The Faceless Ones and start of Evil of the Daleks are all happening on the same day.

Extraordinary Member

Just watched Rosa. Hard to watch but for all the right reasons.

Getting more used to this regeneration, BUT...

...considering the Doctor usually takes a while to get to his new body, he seems to have adapted awfully well this time around. A person spends 2000 years as a dude and then suddenly is female and there's no period of adjustment?

That seems odd. ��
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

BANNED

The downloadble copy of Big Finish adaptation of Danmaged Goods is going for just £3.99 all November

https://www.bigfinish.com/news/v/lis...-damaged-goods

I was going to get this for Christmas, might as well nab it now and listen to it on the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    And with this, Jo Grant has the distinction of having now starred in Doctor Who, Sarah Jane Adventures, and Torchwood. All she needs is appear in a future audio production of Class now.
    Oh god no. Class was an appallingly written and even worse acted insult to the Whoniverse it was supposed to be part of. It was bad enough they had my favourite companion Ace guest star in one of the audios so I had to buy it to hear her. Don't let them do the same to Jo!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Elden View Post
    Oh god no. Class was an appallingly written and even worse acted insult to the Whoniverse it was supposed to be part of. It was bad enough they had my favourite companion Ace guest star in one of the audios so I had to buy it to hear her. Don't let them do the same to Jo!
    According to this month's Vortex magazine, the sales of Class audios did very well so they're making more of them.

BANNED

Thoughts on the new episode

spoilers:
    A pity Graham and Ryan were sidelined for this one playing mid-bros, Doc and Yaz have zero chemistry together and I was zoning out of their interactions dealing with the Pting....which looked about as naff as I was expecting. Interesting idea to make the brother of the pilot prejudiced towards the android. I'd have complained about the males being either killed or reduced to bit parts in this one, but the brother did end up piloting the ship to safety as his sister succumbed to her heart condition.

In the future, male names lead to mockery, so we resort to naming our children after a vegan diet.
    end of spoilers

I liked the concept of this episode, if not the overall execution. The creature was good.
    Am I the only who has a hard time with the Doctor's Northern accent?
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!