Page 350 of 581 FirstFirst ... 250300340346347348349350351352353354360400450 ... LastLast
Results 5,236 to 5,250 of 8711

UK consolidated viewing figures:

Episode 1,____ 10.54m

Episode 2,____ 8.67m

Episode 3,____ 8.09m

Episode 4,____ 7.97m

Episode 5,____ 7.49m

Episode 6,____ 7.23m

Episode 7,____ 7.23m

Episode 8,____ 6.7m (so far, expected to increase a little)

Lowest Capaldi episode consolidated was 5.12m

BANNED

Is this Sunday's episode our break-out gem of the season?

"It Takes You Away" is incredibly unique and beautiful in scope and execution. We've never seen anything like it. There is one specific scene where Whittaker approaches her character with more courage than we've seen in all 55 years of the show . . . and she nails it.
    https://twitter.com/clinthassell/sta...759959552?s=21

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    I was kind of dissiapointed that the aliens in Witchhunters turned out to be yet another case of imprisoned aliens.

Is it just me or has the use of psychic paper gone up quite a bit this season? Not that I mind that much, it's one particular creation of the revival that helps avoid the cliche of the Doctor and co. usually winding up imprisoned or suspected of something until they start helping out (Earthshock, for example)...although of course that tends to happen in reverse sometimes now (For example, Witchhunters).
    When was the last time the psychic paper was used? I was surprised to see it being used again.
    The Gypsies had no home. The Doors had no bass.

Does our reality determine our fiction or does our fiction determine our reality?

Whenever the question comes up about who some mysterious person is or who is behind something the answer will always be Frank Stallone.

"This isn't a locking the barn doors after the horses ran way situation this is a burn the barn down after the horses ran away situation."

Quote Originally Posted by mr_crisp View Post
    When was the last time the psychic paper was used? I was surprised to see it being used again.
    Kerblam! When they got themselves hired as postal workers at the front desk.

Quote Originally Posted by Indian Ink View Post
    Kerblam! When they got themselves hired as postal workers at the front desk.
    I mean before this season.
    The Gypsies had no home. The Doors had no bass.

Does our reality determine our fiction or does our fiction determine our reality?

Whenever the question comes up about who some mysterious person is or who is behind something the answer will always be Frank Stallone.

"This isn't a locking the barn doors after the horses ran way situation this is a burn the barn down after the horses ran away situation."

Quote Originally Posted by mr_crisp View Post
    I mean before this season.
    Well Capaldi's Doctor used it as least two or three times.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    Whilst I can respect that Tom is the most recognized classic Doctor, I think it's important to try and have a Blu Ray out for each of them - and I agree that Jon's first season or possibly his second (where Jo and the Master, two pretty iconic elements of his era appear) would have been the best next choice. I also would like to see Hartnell and Troughton's seasons worked on, though one can imagine that the main issue will be recreating episodes from scratch or remastering those already completed.

We can assume the Restoration Teams and the Documentary crews are hard at work gradually creating new content, interviewing actors and staff from various eras to give content for future releases of course, so there might not be the rush one might expect.
    True. I guess later seasons also don't require extensive remastering on the episodes. Which might be another factor in choosing which seasons get the treatment.

Davison's first season isn't bad. But his third was his best in terms of story quality.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Regarding some comments in this thread about Jodie's Doctor not really showing off the character's Dark side, this site agrees: https://www.indiewire.com/2018/11/do...ew-1202023619/
    My particular frustration is that she hasn't been afforded the opportunities to showcase different aspects of this new incarnation yet. Jodie can do it. That isn't in question. But so far she is kind of... just there. She has the quirky and lovable dork factor down, though.

Astonishing Member

UK consolidated viewing figures:

Episode 1,____ 10.54m

Episode 2,____ 8.67m

Episode 3,____ 8.09m

Episode 4,____ 7.97m

Episode 5,____ 7.49m

Episode 6,____ 7.23m

Episode 7,____ 7.23m

Episode 8,____ 6.7m (so far, expected to increase a little)

Lowest Capaldi episode consolidated was 5.12m
    Standard attrition. Her first episode was always going to do big numbers because of the inherent curiosity factor. The main goal for the production team was to start with a bang and hopefully hook the audience enough to keep them tuning in for subsequent episodes. Looking at those final numbers, they haven't done badly at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    Standard attrition. Her first episode was always going to do big numbers because of the inherent curiosity factor. The main goal for the production team was to start with a bang and hopefully hook the audience enough to keep them tuning in for subsequent episodes. Looking at those final numbers, they haven't done badly at all.
    It hasn't sunk like a stone. It could have gone from from 10.54m to 6.7m by the second episode. But I'm not sure if it's a swimmer yet, as it feels like a quite different Dr Who program.

As it is, it might be all irrelevant if this Doctor and the main writer are going to leave after only another half length series. I can't believe we might be going again through the fuss of picking a new one before 2020.

Astonishing Member

It hasn't sunk like a stone. It could have gone from from 10.54m to 6.7m by the second episode. But I'm not sure if it's a swimmer yet, as it feels like a quite different Dr Who program.

As it is, it might be all irrelevant if this Doctor and the main writer are going to leave after only another half length series. I can't believe we might be going again through the fuss of picking a new one before 2020.
    Another interesting fact when analyzing the ratings is how the audience is choosing to view the show now vs a few years ago. I do agree that it hasn't sunk like a stone. Since it could have ended up being a disaster. The fact it hasn't has to be commended.

If I am being honest, I kind of feared that Chibnall might leave after a few series. He has form for it (especially shows not created by him such as Broadchurch and Born and Bred.) I figured, at best, he would do about 2 or 3 series max (he was never going to do the 5 years most fans were claiming he would do.)

If Jodie and Chris leave after 2 series, it would allow someone else to come in and do the next three after that. Remember, due to contracts concerning international broadcasts, the show is guaranteed to run at least until series 15. It also evens out the tenure of the Doctors: Eccleston = 1, Tennant = 3, Smith = 3, Capaldi = 3 and Jodie = 2 (if she does leave.)

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

The penultimate episode was really good, I like to see Doctor Who in modern locations outside the UK more. They handled the actually blind actress much better than they did with that transgender person during Capaldi’s era too. The trailer for the final episode seems to imply an old enemy is back...

BANNED

The story was very routine Doctor Who rather than anything game-changing, and I've seen the whole "your loved ones are not who you think they are and are tempting you over" plotline a million times for it to wow me substantially here. The blind girl was nice inclusive casting, but she was very annoying and unlikable. Ryan had more of an attitude which I liked, Ribbons was an inspired character but was on screen for far too short a time,Jodie didn't really stand out to me this week in comparison to other entries in the series and this was probably her weakest performance as The Doctor. I also think they missed the boat on having Susan appear as the form of the conscious universe when The Doctor was left alone with it...instead we get hypnotoad. The episode does get some top marks for Bradley's performance and the little bits of new lore for The Doctor with the seven grandmothers, and for tying the Zygons in with Gallifrey

BANNED

Jodie will be reading the CBEEBIES Bedtime story on December 7th, making her the third Doctor to read a story for the series besides Christopher Eccleston and David Tennant (for some reason, Smith and Capaldi never did it)

http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/doctor-...bedtime-story/

BANNED

Interesting tweet from superfan and film critic Trilbe, aka ratings analyst MrTARDIS (he has connections to the BBC), he expects series 12 will have stronger marketing, meaning more will be shown in the trailers and promotional material as a response to how badly we had it this year, leading to the substantial ratings loss in the live overnights

https://twitter.com/TrilbeeReviews/s...37041674166273