Page 352 of 580 FirstFirst ... 252302342348349350351352353354355356362402452 ... LastLast
Results 5,266 to 5,280 of 8689
    BANNED

It's official: Doctor Who will only have one episode in 2019, and will return in early 2020

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/doctorwho...2-2a71cd1560bb

I feel any new fans this new Doctor gained will be lost with the new schedule.
    DC,I need Bronze Age Batman,Green Lantern,and Flash collected.Please,and thank you.

Watching the next to last episode; this is the first time i’ve been able to follow the plot all the way through. The actors slowed down their speech. I still thought it was spooky.
    I think there has been a theme throughout this whole series; the doctor and how she feels about violence. Throughout the series, she’s gotten upset with all the people who have killed.I haven’t seen the last episode , but i think there’s a confrontation between the doctor and graham, over his anger about his wife’s death. I haven’t put all the pieces together yet, but i think there is an underlying theme here.
    Last edited by protege; 12-09-2018 at 07:16 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    Are you kidding me?!! This is ridiculous. Just get rid of Chibnall and Jodie. He didn't want to do the show anyway. I'm sick and tired of waiting years in between because he either has too much going on or just doesn't care.
    I can understand the frustration. I mean, it absolutely kills any momentum this series has built. I could understand the breaks with Moffat given the fact he was doing Doctor Who and Sherlock. But Chibnall hasn't got any other project besides Who (well, none that I am immediately aware of.) So why the hold up? I just hope this doesn't set a trend with a new series every other year from now on (2020, 2022 etc.)

Hopefully the break allows them to knuckle down and focus on sorting out the few rough spots that was present with this one.

So disappointed that we're having yet another year with no DW (ok, one episode on day one). What a waste. If Chibnall can't make anything sooner scrap him and get a new team behind the scenes. The ones on screen are great and deserve to stay though.

I don't know about anyone else but I was rather underwhelmed by the entire season finale.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Good news is, i read somewhere, that all the regulars will be back, including bradley walsh.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    including bradley walsh.
    That's the only bit of good news

Mandip and Tamsin are complete planks and contribute nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    That's the only bit of good news

Mandip and Tamsin are complete planks and contribute nothing.
    I have to agree, tasmin is absolutely wooden.

So with the new Year's preview, everybody seems to think it's going to be the Daleks, but here's an alternate theory: The Fendahl from Tom Baker's Image of the Fendahl. The promo pics show the Doctor examining a skeleton, the summary talks about a danger hidden in human history (apparentally the Fendahl manipulated human DNA and history to make human suitable hosts) and it's possible the skeleton and the DNA are connected. The Fendahl are also considered a pretty big threat even to the Time Lords, and it's implied they did some major damage to Mars (maybe why the Ice Warriors mainly went into hibernation?).

A bit of a wild guess, but maybe.

http://tardis.wikia.com/wiki/Image_o...ahl_(TV_story)

Jodie being posessed by the Fendahl core would make an interesting visual, that's for sure.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Completely underwhelmed by this episode. I am all for a good "blinded by faith" story. But this was daft.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    I don't know about anyone else but I was rather underwhelmed by the entire season finale.
    I was petty underwhelmed with the whole season to be perfectly honest. Nothing really stuck out to me and makes me want to rewatch. It was not bad it was just boring.

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    I have to agree, tasmin is absolutely wooden.
    A'ee A'h like me a bit'ah wooed A'h doo, doon tha be meen tah wood!!

BANNED

River Song is set to meet Ian, Barbara and Susan in the sixth volume of her Big Finish series

https://www.bigfinish.com/news/v/riv...-final-chapter

There's been nothing wrong with this season of Doctor Who as such but nothing has stood out as being spectacular.
    To me it feels a LOT like early 5th Doctor - a pacifist Doctor with three companions who don't have enough to do to properly establish their characters. The plots have been fine but aren't memorable for being either really good (like Blink or Remembrance of the Daleks) or bad (Love and Monsters or Time and the Rani).

I don't mind the new theme music but I do not like the new control console - the 'heap of junk thrown together' look didn't do it for me back with the reboot and it doesn't do it for me now. Say what you like about Capaldi's run but that TARDIS interior was excellent.
    "Let me guess. My theories appall you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters, and you don't like my tie!"
    @Matt_of_Geek
    Now writing at The Atomic Junk Shop

CBR Community Standards and Rules