Page 355 of 580 FirstFirst ... 255305345351352353354355356357358359365405455 ... LastLast
Results 5,311 to 5,325 of 8689

I liked this episode a lot more than the actual season finale.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

I think its probably the best episode of the season. The dalek brought a real sense of dread with it.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

I dug the episode. Might be one of my all time fave Dalek episodes. Homeboy was wrecking shop everywhere. Kinda went out like a bitch, but with the way the episode was laid out they needed a quick fix.

Again I have my same issue as before where at times. I cannot understand what Jodie is saying, even with my TV volume jacked up. Just that accent at times.

I like Graham, but Ryan annoys me...something about him...I dunno, maybe it's the actor I am not feeling. And Yaz...well, she was there....I guess....

BANNED

The special scored a record low rating for specials in the UK

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/ne...ow-bbc-1172109

(it's so refreshing to see the normally shill media reporting on the show failing for once)

Does anybody know why it isn't on the UK iTunes?
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    I dug the episode. Might be one of my all time fave Dalek episodes. Homeboy was wrecking shop everywhere. Kinda went out like a bitch, but with the way the episode was laid out they needed a quick fix.

Again I have my same issue as before where at times. I cannot understand what Jodie is saying, even with my TV volume jacked up. Just that accent at times.

I like Graham, but Ryan annoys me...something about him...I dunno, maybe it's the actor I am not feeling. And Yaz...well, she was there....I guess....
    I’ve recently enabled my closed captioning on my tv, that helps a lot with the dialogue.

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    I’ve recently enabled my closed captioning on my tv, that helps a lot with the dialogue.
    That is a good idea. I also have a hatrd time understanding.
    Jodie is likable, but I still am hsaving a hard time seeing her as The Doctor. It's not the gender change (well maybe alittle) but she doesn't have the gravitas. When any of the last three told an enemy they were the Doctor, I felt the history behind them. She doesn't have that for me. I have no problem with a female Doctor, but her portrayal doesn't ring right for me at times.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Two or three stars out of five for me. I got a laugh out loud from seeing the Rotten Tomato scores; 100% from critics, 14% from viewers! It beggars belief, it was nowhere near that good or bad. The 'critics' have turned into "Bestest Eva!" fanboys (or shills) and the greater part of 'viewers' into mad-eyed jilted lovers.

Minor nitpicks; A black guy in dark age Britain? Even if there had been a few black Romans in England, they would have been bred out by then. The dark age Guardian in Siberia would have frozen to death in two hours, The modern Guardian in the Pacific looked more as though they should have been in the Indian ocean. 11,000 years and the best they can do is a shallow one foot grave? Wasn't U.N.I.T a wing of the U.N? Fortunately the story took me away so as not to notice many more.

The actress playing the archeologist was great. Yas is still a cardboard cutout but at least they had her acting more like a police woman. I was worried they were going to lose their best actor with Graham possibly leaving at one point. And the Doctor is ok but still lacking something.

With only 5.15 million overnight UK viewing figures, they might be regretting moving this from Christmas day. It should have been at least a million higher than this.

Although the casing was a one-off, kind of curious if they'll stick with the new mutant design; definetly seemed far larger than the previous designs (although Sec I think had some extra tentacles) and I didn't see the eye either.

I guess we can chalk it up to being a "Scout" variant, maybe, with maybe a slightly different mutation (although isn't that kind of against what the Daleks believe?)
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Although the casing was a one-off, kind of curious if they'll stick with the new mutant design; definetly seemed far larger than the previous designs (although Sec I think had some extra tentacles) and I didn't see the eye either.

I guess we can chalk it up to being a "Scout" variant, maybe, with maybe a slightly different mutation (although isn't that kind of against what the Daleks believe?)
    I'd forgotten about the eye. They missed a trick there. It would have been good for the archeologist to be reaching out to touch it on the wall and then the eye blinks open!!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Indian Ink View Post
    Two or three stars out of five for me. I got a laugh out loud from seeing the Rotten Tomato scores; 100% from critics, 14% from viewers! It beggars belief, it was nowhere near that good or bad. The 'critics' have turned into "Bestest Eva!" fanboys (or shills) and the greater part of 'viewers' into mad-eyed jilted lovers.

Minor nitpicks; A black guy in dark age Britain? Even if there had been a few black Romans in England, they would have been bred out by then. The dark age Guardian in Siberia would have frozen to death in two hours, The modern Guardian in the Pacific looked more as though they should have been in the Indian ocean. 11,000 years and the best they can do is a shallow one foot grave? Wasn't U.N.I.T a wing of the U.N? Fortunately the story took me away so as not to notice many more.

The actress playing the archeologist was great. Yas is still a cardboard cutout but at least they had her acting more like a police woman. I was worried they were going to lose their best actor with Graham possibly leaving at one point. And the Doctor is ok but still lacking something.
    It wasn't bad. But it was nowhere near as great as the critics are making it out to be in the reviews (although it was considerably better than the series which preceded it.)

The Dalek casing ended up being too refined for my taste. It definitely should have had a steampunk vibe going on with plating cobbled together from whatever materials were laying about on the farm. But I did appreciate that they actually made the Dalek more ruthless, manipulative and cunning. Not the joke they had become running screaming "Exterminate!" Over and over like a broken record.

There are still too many companions. Yas really doesn't add anything. Graham is still the best of the bunch for me. Actually, Bradley's subdued performance often makes him the better actor amongst the regulars.

The actress who played the archeologist was very, very good. Just wanted to give credit where it is due. I really believed in her performance. Which is something that I often can't say with many guest actors.

Jodie is a fine actress. But she still is having trouble bringing the gravitas needed for the role. Although I did like her ruthlessness in dealing with the Dalek by pulling a Salamander on it.

I think we've seen some bits of how she can do the gravitas here and there, such as dealing with the time-traveller in Rosa and that weird alien guy in It Takes You Away, as well as the Dalek.

Wonder with the Dalek being established we'll get some other familiar villains popping up here and there next season. Chibnall did the Silurian story during Matt Smith so I suppose that's possible he might use them again (We haven't really had a Silurian story since then-Madame Vastra of course is one but her stories aren't exactly Silurian stories any more than they're Sontaran stories since they feature Strax).

Hopefully he hands a Cyberman story to someone else though (Like RTD and Moffat mostly did), given "Cyberwoman".

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    I think we've seen some bits of how she can do the gravitas here and there, such as dealing with the time-traveller in Rosa and that weird alien guy in It Takes You Away, as well as the Dalek.

Wonder with the Dalek being established we'll get some other familiar villains popping up here and there next season. Chibnall did the Silurian story during Matt Smith so I suppose that's possible he might use them again (We haven't really had a Silurian story since then-Madame Vastra of course is one but her stories aren't exactly Silurian stories any more than they're Sontaran stories since they feature Strax).

Hopefully he hands a Cyberman story to someone else though (Like RTD and Moffat mostly did), given "Cyberwoman".
    I love the Cybermen (my favourite villains) but they were used so frequently during Capaldi's era that I don't mind if they are given a long rest. Besides, all the Cybermen stories in the new era have been less than stellar (apart from World Enough And Time.) So if they are used again, I hope it is because the writer has a genuine desire to write them. Otherwise don't bother.

Curious about the Master/Missy too. I'm sure that perhaps Gomez could return (Moffat of course used RTD's Master, for instance, and even answered a few questions about the transition to Missy from the messed-up EOT Simm).

Of course Simm's Master shot her 'full blast' that apparently was fatal enough to stop the regeneration, but this is the Master we're talking about, who has always managed to somehow cling to survival despite being 'dead' quite a few times.

One funny thing that's mentioned in "Sound of Drums" "End of Time" and heavily implied in the stories with Rassilon is that Time lords can somehow resurrect dead time lords. The Master was brought back somehow to fight in the time war (Whether it was from the Roberts version of some big finish version depends on your head-canon I guess), the Simm master was brought back in a weird ritual using the ring, Lucy's imprint, life-force and books or some kind of potion, and of course Rassilon came back, although the seeds of that might've been laid in "The Five Doctors".

I suppose you can say there's "undead" Time Lords too-Morbius, Omega, and those weird cloister guys. Even Borusa is brought back in some of the books-the War Doctor novel even has Rassilon using him as a Time War weapon.
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 01-05-2019 at 06:10 AM.